Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
I don't think most guys want high maintenance girls. Don't confuse high maintenance with being high quality or highly attractive.
Oh I'm not. But men do. And thats what I am saying.

p.s. women that do take care of themselves are generally on the highly attractive side. Quality...well crappy people come in ugly too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Oh I'm not. But men do. And thats what I am saying.
Lol ok.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:35 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, I get what you're trying to say. I said people who never reciprocate are mooches and people who allow mooching are suckers.
Yup. At least some reciprocation on the 2nd date like you said, right?

Quote:
I did say that, although maybe not so bluntly. So you want me to call the OP a mooch for not reciprocating, and you think there's a double standard going on. I can totally see that. And if that was what I thought the OP said, I probably would think she is a mooch. Would I say it? Probably not, but I don't think calling people out on every fault is some kind of virtue. But I'm with you so far

Quote:
But the OP didn't say that. She said she had offered before, but he had turned her down. I know you dated that girl that time who hid money in your pocket because her honor wouldn't allow a man to pay for her food ... please don't tell me that story again
That is just one example of many experiences I’ve had with them. Ok, let’s move on…

Quote:
If you were in the OP's shoes, you would have paid for that girl's food and she would have let you, and that wouldn't have made her a bad person. Maybe she would have offered to get the next one, as the OP seems to have done.

That's why I'm not calling her a mooch.
She said that she feels sorry she didn’t offer to pay sooner so they did go out for more than a month until the guy told her to contribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
if a man does not make more money than i do I will probably won't date him
Which is the most normal thing for most women to NOT be interested in men who are below their level.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Whichever "culture" it is, it's not one found on Planet Earth and I suspect he's the only member of that "culture" or one of the very few at best (thank goodness for that).Too bad he has to deal with Earthicians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
onihC : I agree with most of your points, but some of your views are purely based on your culture I dont know where you are from but I know its not the West.
Quote:
I agree DarrenSmooth. I do believe it has to do with culture.

I would like for onihC to please let us know what culture he is from and what culture/country (please provide some links supporting this) other than the US and Austraila where it is common and customary for women/girls to ask guys out and pay for the date because everything I have found states the opposite about eastern dating culture. Here is an example.

Quote:
· India is a diverse country where several cultures and religions intersect, so dating habits can vary. Whereas Western women are often free to date whoever they please, women and girls in India often don't have the opportunity to date, as their parents usually arrange the marriages. Chinese
· The Chinese are from an ancient culture, one that even today is still very traditional.
· In most of the Middle East, dating is forbidden, period. in countries like Iran dating is actually against the law, and women may not even walk down the street with a man who is not her husband or relative. The parents may keep teenagers separate until they are old enough to marry, and then introduce them to each other for a courtship.
· Japan and Korea are more westernized than most Eastern nations, and thus their rules about dating are a little more relaxed. However, they do approach dating in a fundamentally different way, as society expects teenagers to study and get through college first rather than date and go to parties. After that, men are expected to ask the women on dates and pay for their meals.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
LoL....
Guys have the habit of wanting high maintenance girls but not understanding that means they will have to be maintaining things. LOL
Only a glutton for punishment wants a girl that is high maintenance, i'm not sure where you get the notion that men like these types of women. Now do some of us end up with them? Of course, but a lot of those men probably don't even recognize that they are sleeping with the enemy until its too late.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I would like for onihC to please let us know what culture he is from and what culture/country (please provide some links supporting this) other than the US and Austraila where it is common and customary for women/girls to ask guys out and pay for the date because everything I have found states the opposite about eastern dating culture. Here is an example.
I believe he is from an Asian country

Old 04-29-2011, 10:44 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Only a glutton for punishment wants a girl that is high maintenance, i'm not sure where you get the notion that men like these types of women.
"High Maintenance" might not be the right word, but often you do see guys who want "natural, laid back" women but still expect them to have great skin and hair and be waxed and well-dressed and in great shape, and all of that takes time and money. Except for those with excellent genes, it takes a lot of work to look effortlessly pretty.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-29-2011 at 10:58 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
2mares,
It is a custom for women to ask guys out and pay? Come on, we don’t need to go to far. Just look at women’s responses in threads that talk about this. Some women complain if men don’t take care of the bill, if they use a coupon, if they are not brave enough to ask them out or like women say “they don’t have balls” or are too shy, how women prefer men to take the initiative, etc. Just look at recent topics about that girl who was told to contribute and all the reactions. Instead of women telling her she should pay, no ifs no buts.

Like I said, its cultural differences or mere coincidence/luck that asian girls seem to be, let's say, DIFFERENT compared to western girls when it comes to dating/relationships. Not better, not worse, just different. And I find that difference quite nice .

As for Japan, Valentine’s its even celebrated TWICE. On February 14th women are the ones who take the initiative to give men candies, chocolate, send a teddy bear or whatever something cute to his office, take him out for dinner, etc. Then on March 14th its White Day where the guys do it for the girls. In the west, Valentine’s is pretty much guys just romancing their girl. Heck, my ex surprised me on Valentine’s Day flying from Japan to the country where I was to celebrate and then fly back.

I could also share some information that what I am saying it’s just not something made up.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:55 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
"High Maintenance" might not be the right word, but often you do see guys who want "natural, laid back" women but still expect them to have great skin and hair and be waxed and well-dressed and in great shape, and all of that takes time and money. Except for those with excellent genes, it takes a lot of time and money to look effortlessly pretty.

nail head...you hit that!

Exactly what I was saying. Now if I could get some gene therapy to never grow leg hair again....how much do think that would cost...hmmm....

Old 04-29-2011, 10:56 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
"High Maintenance" might not be the right word, but often you do see guys who want "natural, laid back" women but still expect them to have great skin and hair and be waxed and well-dressed and in great shape, and all of that takes time and money. Except for those with excellent genes, it takes a lot of time and money to look effortlessly pretty.
I know plenty of natural, laid-back girls who take 5 minutes to do makeup and hair before going out. They don't spend an hour, which would make them high-maintenance.

There's a difference between a girl "maintaining" her body and a girl who is high-maintenance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships