Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 07:19 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times

Advertisements

If a man directly asks for money in that form of way, there wouldn't be any more date. I don't mind splitting the bills and would actually pay for a whole date once (on my own will without getting reminded) but to be asked in that way?

Now the way I see it should go: splitting bills and then taking turns (one time the guys pays for the whole date and another time the woman does).

As far the real cheapstakes that will forever do 50/50 only and not even offer to pay once on a special occasion such as her birthday or Valentine's Day while the woman does on his b-day or so, then they're not worth future bf nor husband material because I would question how about the household bills and other responsibilities? Or will I be the one paying for all that and he isn't helping out? Is he frugal to his family as well too and others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 07:35 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixi10 View Post
I don't mind paying for the date or for share, I'm all for it, but I've never been in this situation where the guy asked me straight out before the date to pay for it. I'm not sure how to react to this.

What would your reaction be?
dump him instantly, he must be a loser!

Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Most gentlemen that ask me out pay. I can pay because I have money but if a man asks me to pay foru food most likely it will not be another date
so whatever happened to equality, PC and feminism then?

Old 10-13-2012, 07:45 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Most gentlemen that ask me out pay. I can pay because I have money but if a man asks me to pay foru food most likely it will not be another date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Maybe she meant, "If a man who asked me out also asked me to pay, there would not be another date"? I'd agree with that. You invite someone to go eat with ya, you're offering to pay. That's just how it goes.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:48 PM

why are you apologising for the hypocritical fems?

I thought you were all for equality, SSM and all that - or is it only equality when it fits into your ideology?

Old 10-13-2012, 07:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Quote:

I thought you were all for equality, SSM and all that - or is it only equality when it fits into your ideology?
She may not be a feminist, ya know. Feminists do not expect to fed because they have vaginas. That's a traditional thing and given that you are a traditional man who likes to make fun of other bi and gay men, I'm not sure why you have a problem with it. Hypocritical yourself, much?

Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:

What on earth...

How do we know she meant she wouldn't be completely willing to both ask a guy out and pay for it?

That was the question. Do you have an answer?

Old 10-13-2012, 08:04 PM

76 posts, read 143,395 times
yeh but if she DOES pay for the date, she also might get lucky too....ok, maybe men think this when they pay but it would ease the pain of paying wouldn't it?? lol!! ok feminists, lighten up it's a joke...or is it?

Old 10-13-2012, 08:21 PM

22 posts, read 23,811 times
Doesn't it depend on how much you like this guy? I mean if he's worth it, isn't it worth discussing it with him and getting your feelings out in the open?

Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
What on earth...

How do we know she meant she wouldn't be completely willing to both ask a guy out and pay for it?

That was the question. Do you have an answer?

seemed pretty clear that she expected the man to pay for the date, otherwise she'd not come back for a second.

So how about the woman pays for the food and the man gives her sex (if she is lucky)?

now that would be true equality.

doesn't sit quite right though does it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships