Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 06:37 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Carol, I'm not sure how you feel about the issue. Are you saying you do pay or do not pay for dates?
Julia I am feeling very attacked, please proceed to delete posts (J/K)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 06:39 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
The op thinks it's fair to pay but hasn't made an effort. Why would something be 'off' about it if she fundamentally agrees? And all of a sudden, she's worried about the price? Did she do that before she knew she might have to chip in? The op should stop saying she's ok with paying when clearly she isn't and is supported by CarolVa1977's viewpoint that a man who doesn't pay isn't worth seeing.
The fact that he asked her to pay, is what I don't like. If she wanted to pay, she can offer. They've been dating only a month, big whoop...that says nothing about how much money anyone has spent. She's a student and he has a job. That just makes it even worse. I don't recall...where did she say she was worried about "the price"? Asking the other person to pay, I think, is bad form. That's my opinion. Period.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
There's been times ive been hard on money for a period of time and asked my gf to pay... **** happens.

I find it ridiculous for a girl to whine about having to pay one time.
Read the OP's post again. She isn't whining about having to pay.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
HAHA...It's common knowledge that Carol's a smoking hottie. Too bad OP isn't. *SIGHS* Men are shallow bastards.
I am not honey but flowers do not chase bees. Or pay. my dating card is full for this weekend. Too bad those poor men are going to take me out in this wonderful weather

Oh well...

Old 04-22-2011, 06:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Julia I am feeling very attacked, please proceed to delete posts (J/K)
LOL, I am not trying to attack you. I just noticed you repeated yourself a few times.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
LOL, I am not trying to attack you. I just noticed you repeated yourself a few times.
Because all these poor abused men keep quoting me boo booo

And I have been called "hookerish" a couple of times. But do not worry I am not offended

Do not delete anything. LOL. It is funnier this way haha

Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Carol, I'm not sure how you feel about the issue. Are you saying you do pay or do not pay for dates?
HAAAA!!! Julia, that was great.

Imagine. Men paying for dates. What is the world coming to.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:15 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,549,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
If I am marrying the man, I will pay 50/50 but men that are asking
me out NO i will not.

Because they are the ones doing the asking. I personally get a lot of dates (can not go to all of them due the University load and work)

And if a man bluntly tells me in the beginning of the date that even though he asked me I have to pay, I will not go, because I do not chase men and I do not initiate dates.

Those men can always take the choice not to call me. But for some reason they do.
I agree that if a man offers to take you out, he should pay, and certainly vise versa. I might be way off, but it sounds like you wouldn't contribute much as far as dating ideas at the very least or at most an offer to pay after you've been out on a series of dates with the same person. That's where I think there is a lack of concern and lot of entitlement. Watching a man empty his wallet on you and acting like you're deserving simply because what's between your legs is an "inny" and not an "outty" is what I have an issue with. If you're interested enough in the person during the dating phase, would you be willing to contribute anything, or does there have to be a promise of something long term in order for you to feel the need?

Old 04-22-2011, 07:15 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
I suppose as long as the woman is reciprocating with sex, than expecting the man to pay is fair, as the transaction is complete.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I agree that if a man offers to take you out, he should pay, and certainly vise versa. I might be way off, but it sounds like you wouldn't contribute much as far as dating ideas at the very least or at most an offer to pay after you've been out on a series of dates with the same person. That's where I think there is a lack of concern and lot of entitlement. Watching a man empty his wallet on you and acting like you're deserving simply because what's between your legs is an "inny" and not an "outty" is what I have an issue with. If you're interested enough in the person during the dating phase, would you be willing to contribute anything, or does there have to be a promise of something long term in order for you to feel the need?
There is a lack of concern as I personally do not want any type of relationship with any of these men. Nor do I have sex with them (ewww). So if they want to see me , oh well. If not, I never ask a man out.

If I am really interested in a man, yes eventually I would contribute. But if I am not...then no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships