Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,201,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Well...

I have highlighted quite a few negative statements about yourself that you mentioned. Only 1 time did I hear a, "I'm a decent looking guy" statement.

You have to build yourself up. Somehow you have to look in the mirror and believe you are a great catch!!! No matter what the majority has told you in the past...that's where those comments will stay...in the past.

Today is a new you!!! Everything is about having fun now. You need to smile, laugh and enjoy life. BE YOURSELF!!! If this is not you to be smiling and laughing then you ought to try it.

When others around you say the weather is bad or this is bad or that is bad...you combat that with a positive remark. "I don't know...I'm happy to be walking and talking. LOOK the bird is singing!!!"

I have seen mentally challenged individuals walking hand in hand with a partner. Believe me there is someone out there for you. They will love you even if you are not a humorous guy. Everyone has their talents...find yours.
Excellent advice. All to easy to not follow for odd reasons of the human psyche. (Hey, I have been guilty many times ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,983,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
The title of this thread is part of the problem. You shouldn't have to overcompensate for anything. But we see this all the time. Raging-Hetero brought up just a few examples. The bottom line is that you should learn to make the most of what you have instead of dwelling on what you think are your deficiencies. I agree with a previous poster that you first need to change how you view yourself. Rather than dwell on what you don't have, focus on what you do have to offer.
Just for the record, I was being sarcastic.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,915,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Wow! I would love love to see that.

I love you!!!!!!!!!!

That's NOTHING!!

I can part my hair, slick both sides back and smooth out both eye brows!!

Old 04-22-2011, 10:52 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,618,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Just for the record, I was being sarcastic.
But the examples you gave aren't uncommon.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:23 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,576,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
This thread should be addressed to women, because they're pro at knowing how guys usually overcompensate for particular deficiencies.

Short guys become aggresive. Guys with tiny penises buy flashy cars. Stupid guys hit the gym to get ripped. So on and so forth.
No, a humorous guy is something women for the most part really need, since they seldom have a lot of it themselves...
just think about it; when was the last time a woman made you laugh and how many times have you made women laugh just looking back the past week or so?

just look around anywhere; the guy is ALWAYS the one to make the girl crack up, it's hardly ever the other way around.

I'm not trying to bash any sex here, I'm just sayin' girls have a lot more to damand in a guys than the other way around.

Oh and for the "think-positive-hippies" ye I bet the dudes problems will run away from him as soon as he starts ignoring them, sounds about right! <irony>

Old 04-22-2011, 11:40 AM

29,704 posts, read 34,252,554 times
Quote:
just look around anywhere; the guy is ALWAYS the one to make the girl crack up, it's hardly ever the other way around.
Not in my life. Most of my boyfriends have said that my sense of humor and ability to make them laugh was one of things that attracted them. And I know lots of funny ladies.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:44 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,576,860 times
so you're the rare one out of a 1000 edit; rephrase
most of the time when laughing at a girls jokes, guys do it to get in bed....I'm not saying it's your case, your're probably a funny girl, but I'm talking about the vast majority.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:49 AM

629 posts, read 1,232,837 times
Do you have any close friends you act funny around. One of the secrets I've learned is to treat a girl like you've known her a while. Bring up topics you would bring up with a friend. If she looks at you like your a moron, you,ve just weeded out a crappy partner early on. You may find someone who follows along and actually has things in common with you. There are great down to earth women out there. The best way to find them is to be down to earth yourself.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
No, a humorous guy is something women for the most part really need, since they seldom have a lot of it themselves...
just think about it; when was the last time a woman made you laugh and how many times have you made women laugh just looking back the past week or so?

I'm not trying to bash any sex here, I'm just sayin' girls have a lot more to damand in a guys than the other way around.

Oh and for the "think-positive-hippies" ye I bet the dudes problems will run away from him as soon as he starts ignoring them, sounds about right! <irony>
"No" as in I'm wrong ? What part of my post are you disputing, because I couldn't decipher that from reading yours.

Btw, I was being sarcastic but even if I wasn't, your post would still be confusing.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Not in my life. Most of my boyfriends have said that my sense of humor and ability to make them laugh was one of things that attracted them. And I know lots of funny ladies.
If your conclusion is that women are generally just as funny as men then I'd disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships