Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
If your conclusion is that women are generally just as funny as men then I'd disagree.
I don't think it's a competition. Some men are funny, some aren't. Same with women. Humor is subjective, anyway. To say that no women are funny is simply not true.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-22-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 12:18 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
so thank god none of us said no women are funny then... lol.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:19 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think it's a competition.

Quote:
Some men are funny, some aren't. Same with women. Humor is subjective, anyway. To say that no women are funny is simply not true.
I agree. Nevertheless, I haven't met a lot of funny women in comparison to men. Is that fair enough? And yes, humor is subjective.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I agree. Nevertheless, I haven't met a lot of funny women in comparison to men. Is that fair enough? And yes, humor is subjective.
I haven't met a lot of women who were really funny. But I also haven't met a lot of men who were either. What I have met are a lot of men who think they're funny, but they're really not. Often, they'll be only ones laughing at their jokes.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I haven't met a lot of women who were really funny. But I also haven't met a lot of men who were either. What I have met are a lot of men who think they're funny, but they're really not. Often, they'll be only ones laughing at their jokes.
I bet they think they're smart, too. Yawn.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:17 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
I love the name DennyCrane. Genius name.

I'm the same way as the o.p, minus the Asperger's syndrome. I've lost my sense of humor since my divorce and never had any charisma. I think hanging out with people who have those qualities is a good start. I've started doing that. Those guys always drag me out (they have to drag me, I'm so depressed) and I end up having a decent time, or at least laughing with/at them. For me, its been a combination of divorce and career issues that have completely wrecked me of not only my sense of humor, but hope for a future. The good news for you is you're only 24, so its not too late. I'm 42, and it feels like it is too late for me.

Anyway, just get yourself out there and talk to people. Now if I could just follow my own advice...

Old 04-22-2011, 07:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I also have the same problem, I am shy, and have trouble talking to women, But i still always score with the women, My secret?

I can lick my farhead.

Good luck

Jonathan
Either you have a long tongue or you have a long unit.

[or both]

Old 04-22-2011, 08:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Most of my friends are very funny - both men and women. But then, I'm in theatre - and most people in theatre tend to be extroverted and have a good sense of humor. Most of my friends think I'm the funny one - but behind closed doors, my husband makes me laugh just as often as I make him laugh. Nothing makes me laugh and smile more than when I make my husband laugh - it brightens my whole world!

But back to the OP - we all have different personalities. We all have our good points and our bad points. I think you just need to be yourself and be comfortable in your own skin. Whether you are funny or interesting or not - when you are confident in yourself it makes everything better. Also - don't feel like you have to be funny. It's hard to be funny when you feel like you are being pressured to make people laugh. When you are relaxed, comfortable, and confident with who you are - you might find that you have a better sense of humor than you give yourself credit for!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
i also have the same problem, i am shy, and have trouble talking to women, but i still always score with the women, my secret?

I can lick my farhead.

Good luck

jonathan

lmao!!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Having a lot of money works.

Picking 'her' up in a candy apple red 1966 Corvette with the top down and going to the best restaurant in town ain' t gonna hurt ya'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships