Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 05:15 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
I find it interesting that the women feel that we men who are posting are not breadwinners, assuming that if we were proper breadwinners we wouldn't have the time to post here. But at the same time they say THEY are breadwinners. And they are soo good at it!

Hahahaha. Double standard much ladies?
no double standard, just pointing out the rampant selfishness in this thread that I find unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
As my Dad told me growing up if a wife chooses to work outside of the home that's fine,but if a woman HAS to work the husband is a failure! Sorry but I agree!

Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Women nag when the guy doesn't take charge and do what needs to be done.
Women nag when they THINK there's something that needs to get done that he isn't doing. That doesn't mean that the thing in question needs to get done at any point in the near future. But they want him to.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
As my Dad told me growing up if a wife chooses to work outside of the home that's fine,but if a woman HAS to work the husband is a failure! Sorry but I agree!
Many couples find they both need to work. In this day and age it isn't easy to be a stay-at-home Mother. I am an RN and every single Dr and RN who has left on maternity leave comes back to work within 3-6 months because they simply can't afford to live on their husband's income. It is a heavy burden for a man to be the sole breadwinner (or woman for that matter). The other half should shoulder at least a little of the financial load.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Women nag when they THINK there's something that needs to get done that he isn't doing. That doesn't mean that the thing in question needs to get done at any point in the near future. But they want him to.
We wouldn't nag if you guys did it the first time we asked nicely!

Old 04-26-2011, 05:20 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
How is reversing the roles any different?
Because it has been seen how reactions can be different in the forum depending if the OP is male or female.

Quote:
People can do what the like in the confines of their relationship if that is what is agreed upon. If a woman stays home and cares for the kids, fine
That’s fine if she does. She’s contributing something to the marriage by staying at home, right? Just like he is by bringing the income to have a house, food, clothing, some luxuries, transportation, etc. But in this case, she is not doing anything at home or outside. She’s just doing things for “self-fulfillment.” Why not do those “self-fulfilling” things on the weekends or when there’s free time? Imagine if the husband found self-fulfilling to just spend all day throwing darts at the bar with his friends, going fishing, etc. while neglecting his family. Not nice, huh?

Quote:
As long as both parties are happy with the situation everyone wins. EXCEPT when something bad happens and the breadwinner can longer win bread. THEN the tables turn, and that husband or wife better be prepared to get out and work.
Well, the wife from this story should do one of those because she doesn’t seem to bring much in the house or outside.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:23 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
As my Dad told me growing up if a wife chooses to work outside of the home that's fine, but if a woman HAS to work the husband is a failure! Sorry but I agree!
So if you can’t wash the dishes nicely, have a healthy warm dinner waiting for him at the table when he arrives, mop the floors in a timely manner, have his shirts ironed, wear your apron appropriately, have the house nice and clean, etc. then you are a failure as a wife, right?

Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Many couples find they both need to work. In this day and age it isn't easy to be a stay-at-home Mother. I am an RN and every single Dr and RN who has left on maternity leave comes back to work within 3-6 months because they simply can't afford to live on their husband's income. It is a heavy burden for a man to be the sole breadwinner (or woman for that matter). The other half should shoulder at least a little of the financial load.
If it's a choice to come back to work I am all for it! However expecting a woman to give birth to a child and then have to leave the child in someone elses care( because the husband/father can't provide for the family) is a failure in my eyes.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:28 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishiis49 View Post
as my dad told me growing up if a wife chooses to work outside of the home that's fine,but if a woman has to work the husband is a failure! Sorry but i agree!

That's a stupid doo-doo dumb assumption. How about if the father become injured and can no longer do a certain job? The father died? The father became terminally ill? I know a fantastic lady who has been through a situation like that. She worked because her husband became ill, then unfortunately, passed away. She took care of him AND the children. Out of love. Is he a failure?

Seriously, stuff like this calls for a face palm.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
So if you can’t wash the dishes nicely, have a healthy warm dinner waiting for him at the table when he arrives, mop the floors in a timely manner, have his shirts ironed, wear your apron appropriately, have the house nice and clean, etc. then you are a failure as a wife, right?
If you choose to stay at home then you should ensure the home runs smoothly....not a stepford wife!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships