U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:58 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,425,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Did you read your own article?

It didn't say they helped more with housework. It said they worked more overtime at work.

It was also in England.

It also said that women do more housework, especially in marriage where there were no children yet.

Here are some real studies, and not some opinion pieces:

Married women unite! Husbands do less housework - USATODAY.com

Women Do More Housework, Men Less Upon Marriage

Female Scientists Do More Housework Than Men Do - Labor & Work-Life Issues - The Chronicle of Higher Education
Of course I read it, why would I post an article that I didnt read? I read those sophomoric articles that youve posted there already before. Those are the same outdated studies that people have been using to propagate the myth that I was addressing. The article I posted addressed both house work and employment work.

And of course it was partially done in Britain (it was actually conducted throughout Europe, but whatever). AND?...Whats your point? Are British not men and women? Is the fact that they are European supposed to render any data null and void because it didnt happen in our little American bubble? They have a more progressive society than we do, and they STILL found that men outwork women in some areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships