Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:24 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I have met a few black women who said they were raised to be afraid of dating white men if not expressly forbidden. I'm curious to know if those are isolated incidents or if that's more common than not.
isolated incidents

I am 100% sure the same happens to Asian women and white women as well as it relates to(fill in the race).

Old 04-23-2011, 09:27 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
The color of a man does not matter to me, but his character does.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Ido know most white men go for black women to experience a sexual fantasy
TV,

dude, that's YOUR fantasy.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
TV,

dude, that's YOUR fantasy.
It can't be my fantasy since i'm black-lol

My fantasy is to be intimate with a chinese woman

Old 04-23-2011, 11:25 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wonder how often black women date outside their race.

I live in So Cal, which is pretty liberal, in opinion about race issues. It would be here where you'd see the black ladies with non blacks.

I've been around this forum a long time and I've seen many many discussions or thread started by black women that seem to have an interest in dating non black men.

I'm not so sure which women have greater pressure on them to "stay" within their race. I used to think it was white people, now I'm not so sure, I think that the black community has some pretty good sized issues regarding that as well.

Most typical black women are found unattracitve by most typical non black men. Most of my friends are non black and they would never touch a black women. The don't find their facial features attractive (too masculine), and they think they are too overweight and don't like there hair.

It doens't help that most black women have that nasty attitude/loud mouth stereotype which non black men would never tolerate.

This is the cold heart truth with no candy coating. There's a few exceptions, with some black women who are extremely attractive both physically and mentally especially the mixed ones but generally speaking they are not desired.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:27 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If looks *supposedly* matter less to women, why does it seem to me at least, that women are less open to dating men of other races (or even those outside of their social circles) than men are? Do they buy into negative stereotypes, or do they worry more what they're peers/family might think? I think many still feel more threatened when their daughters/sisters etc date 'outside' the circle. Are just men just less picky because they have to be? I've heard quite a few women say they wouldn't date say Asians or Blacks (I think the whole idea of white women loving black men is exaggerated tbh), and while I've heard this among men they seem to appreciate females of all races in general (like myself).

edit: I should probably except most Asian women in western societies, who oftentimes prefer to date white men because of their perceived superiority/normality. Btw this isn't a rant, but an honest question.
The conventional explanation for women's relative reluctance to "date out" centers on the notion that they generally have a lot more at stake when it comes to choosing a partner. Since they bear the brunt of responsibility and personal investment in the realm of children and family, they have to be more selective in their choosing so as to secure the most stable future for her and her (potential) children. Moreover, it is often the case that the men in the woman's life (fathers, brothers, uncles) further help solidify her "racial loyalty" by threatening her with ostracism should she choose to traverse the racial boundaries they have already set for her.

A man on the other hand is said to have an "evolutionary" interest to spread his seed as far and as wide as possible so as to ensure the continuation of his genetic legacy. This obviously leads to the double-standard wherein men throughout history and in virtually every male-dominated culture are afforded the opportunity to be intimate with a variety of women with little social risk.

The main assumption here of course is that, for women at least, race is the most salient and reliable indicator of mate suitability. What women really mean when they profess that "looks don't matter, it's the personality that counts" is that "provided the man is of the same race (or an equally-desired race), looks don't matter as much as personality." Besides height, race is perhaps the most fundamental aspect of a woman's chosen mate preference.

As for non-white women generally preferring white men over others, this is simply the result of the widespread commodification of whiteness as a ticket to increased social standing. Additionally, white men's collective social image benefits from the institutionalized normalization of white manhood in Western society. Even though many white men may fail as viable mates on an individual level, the social image nevertheless resists collective degradation by individual actions.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Ido know most white men go for black women to experience a sexual fantasy

I'm going to be really blunt and keep it "REAL".

White men majority wise do not want black women. Some white guys are still racist towards black people as a whole and still on the fence about them. Even if they weren't racist there is still a stigma about bringing home a black girl. White women seem to be more open and resilent against that ignorance then their male counterparts.

Secondly, I have met Black women who have alot of self hatred issues. Tons that hate their dark skin and their hair. On top of that. It's the biggest fallacy that Black women stay within their race because of racial loyality. I have had a pretty diverse upbringing and white guys as a whole want nothing to do with black women. Black women on thee other hand want white guys. If white men where more open believe me black women would be right there with asian women begging for acceptance and thinking dating a white guy raises their social status.

I'm ready for war. So let's do this. Come on with it if anyone wants to dispute this. I have tons of videos, articles and statistics waiting to shoot down any rebuttable.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Yeah I have to disagree with the OP as well. Men seem to be the one stuck in their ways while women crumble much more easily.
It might just be that men and women tend to "crumble" in different ways. By and large, men don't commit themselves to their racial preferences as devotedly as women do. Men are as capable of being swayed by physical beauty as women are capable of being swayed by emotion and passion. Show me a man, for instance, who says he's generally not interested in women who are not white, and I'll show you a man who, if faced with a non-white woman whose beauty particularly captivates and arouses him, will quickly go against his stated preference. Similarly, a man who can connect with a woman on a deep emotional level has the capacity to win her over even if she otherwise generally does not prefer men of his race.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
i disagree with you main idea. where i live more women date outside of their race than men. it's not even close although i'm not sure why.
Your observation could very well prove the OP's point, because one can easily argue that it's indeed the men who are dating out more than the women.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
It can't be my fantasy since i'm black-lol

My fantasy is to be intimate with a chinese woman
LOL........I never knew you were black.

IT can still be your fantasy to have sex with black women.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships