Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 06:11 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,083,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's amazing you got such a pretty woman to put up with you. j/k, very nice vid.
Who says she puts up with me all the time?

She didn't get those "buff arms" from just practicing the violin 20 hours a week, ya know.

Some of its from putting me in a choke-hold or full-nelson on those, alas, all-too-often occasion when the DrummerBoy steps out of line.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,369,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post

She didn't get those "buff arms" from just practicing the violin 20 hours a week, ya know.

Some of its from putting me in a choke-hold or full-nelson on those, alas, all-too-often occasion when the DrummerBoy steps out of line.
Haha. Sounds like you like it rough...

Old 09-08-2011, 07:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,532,038 times
Quote:
Y'all can take a gander at the DrummerBoy in action on my profile pic.

The pic is about 7 years old, taken at a benefit concert for Breast Cancer I did with Joe Ely and Steve Earle and some other Texas musicians up in Dallas.

But if you want to see someone actually good-looking, check out my wife on a thread I started a couple months ago; she was plahying violin with the Austin Philharmonic.
Man, is she beautiful. You don't deserve her.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,120,596 times
Quote:

I'm sure you often give her opportunity and reason!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 PM

257 posts, read 606,440 times
Quote:
Y'all can take a gander at the DrummerBoy in action on my profile pic.

The pic is about 7 years old, taken at a benefit concert for Breast Cancer I did with Joe Ely and Steve Earle and some other Texas musicians up in Dallas.

But if you want to see someone actually good-looking, check out my wife on a thread I started a couple months ago; she was plahying violin with the Austin Philharmonic.
That is an awesome photo of you in front of the drum set......I'm still a teenager but both my mother and father were big into rock music so I from a very young age was exposed to huge amounts rock music and artists which is what I enjoy the most today..

Anyways, I have a relative who was at the "Concert for New York City" benefit concert for the police, fire and other heroes that took place a month or so after 911 at Madison Square Garden and he told me how The Who blew the roof off of the place...very impressive he went on to say considering the huge amount of muscial talents that performed that evening....so after watching that on tape I went back to watch old videos of when The Who were young guys.....and when I first saw your profile pic in front of your drums I thought immediately of a young Roger Daltry.....your eye area reminded me of him......this is suppossed to be a compliment by the way...

As for your wife, that was a awesome video you had posted in your other thread...amazing how you are both so very fit and have a passion for music....funny how people who share some of the same passions will cross paths and even eventually marry.

Continued success to you and your wife....

BTW, I need to ask who is your favorite rock drummer?
Thanks!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:39 PM

422 posts, read 754,423 times
There are so many nice people on these forums, that's very kool. That is why I love visiting these forums from time to time when I get lonely out here.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,165,012 times
Mr. Tejano, that's basically what City-Data: Relationships is for- talking to people when there's really nobody else to talk to

Old 09-09-2011, 10:59 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,083,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Girl View Post
That is an awesome photo of you in front of the drum set......I'm still a teenager but both my mother and father were big into rock music so I from a very young age was exposed to huge amounts rock music and artists which is what I enjoy the most today..

Anyways, I have a relative who was at the "Concert for New York City" benefit concert for the police, fire and other heroes that took place a month or so after 911 at Madison Square Garden and he told me how The Who blew the roof off of the place...very impressive he went on to say considering the huge amount of muscial talents that performed that evening....so after watching that on tape I went back to watch old videos of when The Who were young guys.....and when I first saw your profile pic in front of your drums I thought immediately of a young Roger Daltry.....your eye area reminded me of him......this is suppossed to be a compliment by the way...

As for your wife, that was a awesome video you had posted in your other thread...amazing how you are both so very fit and have a passion for music....funny how people who share some of the same passions will cross paths and even eventually marry.

Continued success to you and your wife....

BTW, I need to ask who is your favorite rock drummer?
Thanks!

First of all, thanks for your interest and your kind words; I appreciate it!

As far as favorite drummers? Uhhh... How much time ya got? LOL. Cuz, see...the thing is: I have several favorites, each of whom I like for the different things they do so well.

For sheer power and dynamics and "in your face" tom-tom work, I gotta go with Keith Moon of The Who.

For perfect timing and meter, as well as nuanced-but-snappy fills (that's the riffs the drummer does between verses) I always admired Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones.

For jaw-dropping speed and seamless transitions between the snare and the mounted- and floor-toms, who else but the Great Neil Peart of Rush? (He's so good he makes me want to set my drumset on fire every time I hear him!)

As far as some of the old school guys, Buddy Rich was pretty much a freak. And Max Weinberg, who spent a lot of time keeping time for The Boss, is very underrated--at least to those who don't follow drummers alot--and he makes it look so danged easy.

Lastly, you probably never heard of this cat, but Steve Gadd has been mainly a session drummer for donkey's years. I'm sure you've heard his chops on many songs by various artists (Google him), but just didn't know it. For technical brilliance, syncopation, and jazz-like textures with his cymbal work, he's The Master. Listen to Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" sometime and check out the percussion--if your ears can keep up! That's my man Steve.

Take care of yourself, darlin'.

Oh yeah,I almost spaced it: I'd be remiss not to mention Mitch Mitchell, who sat-in with Jimi Hendrix. He went unnoticed for awhile because, well, freakin' Jimmy Hendrix was in front of him redefining the art of Guitar playing. But listen to some old Hendrix tunes and you'll know what I'm talkin' about. "Purple Haze" or "Hey Joe" are good ones to begin with.

Last edited by DrummerBoy; 09-09-2011 at 11:32 AM..

Old 09-09-2011, 11:04 AM

521 posts, read 857,018 times
Hiking in Boulder Canyon:

Booting up for September backcountry turns on Loveland Pass:

Umpiring softball during a Halloween tournament:

Hiking in Chatauqua Park in Boulder, CO:

Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,532,038 times
Quote:
Man, I have several favorites, each of whom I like for the different things they do so well.

For sheer power and dynamics and "in your face" tom-tom work, I gotta go with Keith Moon of The Who.

For perfect timing and meter, as well as nuanced-but-snappy fills (that's the riffs the drummer does between verses) I always admired Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones.

For jaw-dropping speed and seamless transitions between the snare and the mounted- and floor-toms, who else but the Great Neil Peart of Rush? (He's so good he makes me want to set my drumset on fire every time I hear him!)

As far as some of the old school guys, Buddy Rich was pretty much a freak. And Max Weinberg, who spent a lot of time keeping time for The Boss, is very underrated--at least to those who don't follow drummers alot--and he makes it look so danged easy.

Lastly, you probably never heard of this cat, but Steve Gadd has been mainly a session drummer for donkey's years. I'm sure you've heard his chops on many songs by various artists, but just didn't know it. For technical brilliance, and jazz'-like textures and cymbal work, he's the Master. Listen to Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" sometime and check out the percussion--if you can keep up! That's my man Steve.

Thanks for your interest!

Oh yeah, I'd be remiss not to mention Mitch Mitchell, who sat-in with Jimi Hendrix. He went unnoticed for awhile because, well, freakin' Jimmy Hendrix was in front of him redefining the art of Guitar playing. But listen to some old Hendrix tunes and you'll know what I'm talkin' about. "Purple Haze is a good one to begin with.
Steve Gadd is my favorite among the ones you mentioned. I love two solos - the classic "Aja" ride with Steely Dan and "Samba Song" with Chick Corea. Oh yeah - "Late In The Evening" w/Paul Simon is great too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships