U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: How Many People have YOU slept with
1 (And that's all I will ever need) 35 15.84%
2 - 5 42 19.00%
5 - 10 27 12.22%
10 - 20 35 15.84%
20 - 50 42 19.00%
50 - 100 16 7.24%
100 - 200 10 4.52%
More then 200 14 6.33%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 PM
 
1,301 posts, read 1,565,335 times
Reputation: 1258

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Condoms and common sense?
Condoms ain't all dat foolproof.

Now how in da hell that's common sense sleeping around with more than 200 people?

 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:17 PM
 
19,807 posts, read 15,233,310 times
Reputation: 16172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I strongly dislike the word, "s*x" -- to me, it is vulgar and distasteful and completely unromantic, as a word. I prefer to use alternative terms wherever possible, but it can be challenging at times to convey, without using the actual word...hence the *.
It is not vulgar. It is a freaking clinical term. It is not dirty, you wont grow hair on your palms. That is when you rub one out.

Just use the word sex. It isn't evil or bad. The stupid "*" in the middle of the word makes your post difficult to read and and your mentality rather prudish and frankly prepubescent.

You might have a valid point but the * negates your point IMO. This is a relationship section. Sex is an important part of a committed relationship.
 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Status: "Partially taking all the blame" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Tampa, Florida
11,005 posts, read 10,035,105 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Condoms ain't all dat foolproof.

Now how in da hell that's common sense sleeping around with more than 200 people?
Actually, they are when used properly.
 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Davenport, Iowa
2,433 posts, read 1,723,954 times
Reputation: 3322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I strongly dislike the word, "s*x" -- to me, it is vulgar and distasteful and completely unromantic, as a word. I prefer to use alternative terms wherever possible, but it can be challenging at times to convey, without using the actual word...hence the *.
Do you think the phrase "sexual intercourse" is vulgar and distasteful? Intercourse can be romantic, but the majority of animals do it too. Would you describe them as "making love?"
 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:43 PM
 
4,873 posts, read 3,287,059 times
Reputation: 4014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is not vulgar. It is a freaking clinical term. It is not dirty, you wont grow hair on your palms. That is when you rub one out.

Just use the word sex. It isn't evil or bad. The stupid "*" in the middle of the word makes your post difficult to read and and your mentality rather prudish and frankly prepubescent.

You might have a valid point but the * negates your point IMO. This is a relationship section. Sex is an important part of a committed relationship.
I'm sorry that you are offended by the *, and believe that makes me come across as "prudish" and "prepubescent"...at the same time, I will continue to semi-censor the word with the *, as I have been doing thus far. I simply don't like the word -- that's that. Please note that my approach is similar to the way when, not too long ago, people would refer to a woman as "with child", rather than as "pregnant", the latter of which I believe at the time period in question was considered mildly offensive.

Several other ways to say "s*x" [meaning, the act of s*xual intercourse], without having to use the actual word, all of which IMO are much less vulgar:

--physical relations
--physical intimacy
--coitus
--intercourse
--physical love
--sleep[ing] with

Last edited by Knight2009; 09-02-2011 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Adds
 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:47 PM
 
4,873 posts, read 3,287,059 times
Reputation: 4014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Do you think the phrase "sexual intercourse" is vulgar and distasteful? Intercourse can be romantic, but the majority of animals do it too.
I am generally not a fan of anything prefixed with "s*x[ual]". Even when using the word "s*x" to refer to whether someone is male or female, I never use "s*x", only "gender".

Quote:
Would you describe them as "making love?"
Not really fond of the bolded term above, either -- it's one step above "s*x", but also somewhat distasteful.
 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 PM
 
1,301 posts, read 1,565,335 times
Reputation: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is not vulgar. It is a freaking clinical term. It is not dirty, you wont grow hair on your palms. That is when you rub one out.

Just use the word sex. It isn't evil or bad. The stupid "*" in the middle of the word makes your post difficult to read and and your mentality rather prudish and frankly prepubescent.

You might have a valid point but the * negates your point IMO. This is a relationship section. Sex is an important part of a committed relationship.
I know right! It's like the guy is afraid of sex! "Sexual relations" is in the freakn Bible! Why is SEX such a curse word? You got here because of it and to me, it's a sacred intimate thing! You should be glad to type those three letters!

WhiteKnight, whatever. Be an adult. SEX is not a bad word. The fact that everyone thinks about it and no doubt YOU think about how it would be like with your dream wife and then, censor it with (s*x) is just plain hypocritical.

Last edited by Saberai; 09-02-2011 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: stupid spell check
 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM
 
19,807 posts, read 15,233,310 times
Reputation: 16172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I'm sorry that you are offended by the *, and believe that makes me come across as "prudish" and "prepubescent"...at the same time, I will continue to semi-censor the word with the *, as I have been doing thus far. I simply don't like the word -- that's that. Please note that my approach in similar to the way when, not too long ago, people would refer to a woman as "with child", rather than as "pregnant", the latter of which I believe at the time period in question was considered mildly offensive.

Several other ways to say "s*x" [meaning, the act of s*xual intercourse], without having to use the actual word, all of which IMO are much less vulgar:

--physical relations
--physical intimacy
--coitus
--intercourse
--physical love
--sleeping with
If you are squeamish about the word sex. Maybe you should evaluate your ability to have a mature relationship with someone. By mature I am talking more than just physical intimacy.
 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM
13,296 posts, read 6,852,372 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I never use "s*x", only "gender".
Sex and gender mean two different things.
 
Old 09-02-2011, 05:51 PM
 
1,301 posts, read 1,565,335 times
Reputation: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Actually, they are when used properly.
Yeah. First comes to mind was the ol' "the condom broke." Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top