Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

Boy, we sure can tell that you AREN'T the sensitive type! And, if I was single, of which I'm sure glad I'm NOT, I'd say "No swearing!" (especially what you wrote). Doesn't show a lot of maturity to me! You've got some hangups as well girl........better look at them before bashing the men!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Seriously, OMFG. Im on an online dating site and totally turns me off when a guy complains they have been hurt in past relationships or looking for something with NO drama/games whatever that means.

Oh and a guy taking a picture of himself in front of a mirror with cellphone is not attractive at all. Another turn-off for me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 09:47 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Maybe these guys who want a no games and drama relationship are really looking for mommy, the woman who will meet all their needs and never ask or demand anything from them. They don't want to be an adult man in a normal relationship, they want to be coddled like a little boy.
It's hard to be "an adult man in a normal relationship" when your cohort is mental...

Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 AM

525 posts, read 1,555,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It's hard to be "an adult man in a normal relationship" when your cohort is mental...
Whats a cohort?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Alright...Hold The Onions, Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Seriously, OMFG. Im on an online dating site and totally turns me off when a guy complains they have been hurt in past relationships or looking for something with NO drama/games whatever that means.

Oh and a guy taking a picture of himself in front of a mirror with cellphone is not attractive at all. Another turn-off for me too.
I'm sorry that you're looking for Thor the God Of Thunder, y'know the cat with the beard and the big 'hammer', but wake up...men and women have been hurt and even abused in relationships since time began, and what's more, they have a RIGHT to want to avoid said drama and abuse going forward...it's not whining, as you put it in your macho-chick world, it's called FEELINGS, and last time I looked adults were allowed to have those...ain't seen a law against it yet, and if there is, it's bulls**t...

Seriously OMFG, smell the coffee, I get so daggone sick and bloody tired of people with this stop whining crap...quit reading all this macho horsedung and realize that just because a man says he doesn't want drama or games, that doesn't mean his man-card should be pulled---he's saying he's not taking any s**t from the next woman he's involved with, and he wants to enter that situation with an open heart and a clean slate...same as when a woman says that about the next man she's looking for---it's the same across the board, and folk have a right to seek that...

No whining or growing of hackysacks involved...it's just human nature, and everybody does it, and not just on internet dating sites either...if it bugs you THAT MUCH, then it's simple---just avoid those profiles, or avoid dealing with those people in real life

Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I'm sorry that you're looking for Thor the God Of Thunder, y'know the cat with the beard and the big 'hammer', but wake up...men and women have been hurt and even abused in relationships since time began, and what's more, they have a RIGHT to want to avoid said drama and abuse going forward...it's not whining, as you put it in your macho-chick world, it's called FEELINGS, and last time I looked adults were allowed to have those...ain't seen a law against it yet, and if there is, it's bulls**t...
You're entitled to your feelings, but you don't need to broadcast them. Everyone's been burned at one time or another. The trick is not to put it on display for everyone else to see. If you've been cheated on or used, sorry. But why tell your reader "NO CHEATERS!"? Isn't that kind of a given? Give your reader some credit. Most people will assume that you don't want someone who cheats. You shouldn't have to spell it out.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 AM

369 posts, read 618,081 times
Sometimes you need to broadcast your feelings. Sometimes you need to vent. Sometimes you need to let the *******s know that you won't tolerate another abuser, user, liar, serial dater, manipulater, stupidficial moron like the ones who infest the singles dating world.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:35 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
What's comical is that it does no good to post that you aren't looking for any drama and games, because those who do play games often won't admit it, or even care. It's funny because I can't count how many times you hear someone say they don't want any drama in their lives, yet they invite it at every opportunity by surrounding themselves with sketchy people and poor life choices.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 AM

838 posts, read 1,876,420 times
Ok ladies ... what is in a online dating profile that would attract you? Just curious ... not asking for me ... I'm happily married 27+ years

Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
Sometimes you need to broadcast your feelings. Sometimes you need to vent. Sometimes you need to let the *******s know that you won't tolerate another abuser, user, liar, serial dater, manipulater, stupidficial moron like the ones who infest the singles dating world.
Problem is, just like in your rant above....you can come across like you angry and have indeed been screwed over. Everyone has been screwed over in the past, but you dont want to actually appear like you arent over it, no one wants to date a person with that type of baggage.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:58 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Well if you stay, you must be getting something beneficial out of it. Since, you know, you choose to remain involved with them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships