Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:17 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
I only invest in things that can appreciate. Women are quite the opposite.
Ah....well there's your problem right there. You need to start dating men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM

1,006 posts, read 734,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ah....well there's your problem right there. You need to start dating men.
LOL, I guess I had that one coming for being an a-hole.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
That's been my observation and I was even surprised to see my opinion shared by "experts" in the field in some book. The bratty and helpless women do much better. Obviously, it takes certain looks... Not everybody can pull that off.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's been my observation and I was even surprised to see my opinion shared by "experts" in the field in some book. The bratty and helpless women do much better. Obviously, it takes certain looks... Not everybody can pull that off.
I've never had to deal with this type of woman. Although she's not quite Bratty, she just seems extremely naive and this worries me. I could never put up with a Bratty woman long term.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
I've never had to deal with this type of woman. Although she's not quite Bratty, she just seems extremely naive and this worries me. I could never put up with a Bratty woman long term.
Well, then go while the going is good.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,230,984 times
Quote:
Honestly, it doesn't seem like you like her that much. You've only been dating a few months and you're picking her apart? To be fair to you both, it seems like a good time for a break. Then after a few weeks, ask yourself if your happy with her or without her.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
Honestly, it doesn't seem like you like her that much. You've only been dating a few months and you're picking her apart? To be fair to you both, it seems like a good time for a break. Then after a few weeks, ask yourself if your happy with her or without her.
This is the only issue I have with her. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I dont like her, I do indeed adore this woman (more so than any of my past) but I can't cope if its a habit that she can't adjust.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,230,984 times
If you like her, but she's making poor money decisions, maybe you can use this as an opportunity to teach her better habits. Maybe you could say you're trying to make better financial decisions and go over some budgeting tools. Like saving her receipts and creating an easy spreadsheet for her to start keeping track of her money. If you use the word "I" instead of "you", she'll probably hear your message better.

One more thing...I have a sister who is a free spirit when it comes to money. We always laugh about her ATM "karma" as she calls it...will it dispense funds or not? LOL...anyway, she actually has been seeing a therapist about several issues, but money came up and she told me that her therapist suggested that she had been avoiding balancing her checkbook and not controlling her spending out of fear. So for my sister, not addressing the problem was a coping mechanism. Could be something to think about.

Last edited by Joliefille; 04-26-2011 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-26-2011, 09:27 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile No, they are not.

Quote:
Treat a woman well and she will be like gold to you. You just don't know that yet.

It doesn't sound like she ever had to do much for herself. Some relationships are like that. Sounds like her last one was. The guy probably wanted it like that. He had his trophy girlfriend.

Tread carefully. She may think all men are like that. If she is really special, talk to her about it. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships