Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 06:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Sorry to inform you Prince but it don't work that way. Our maker screwed up when he did not make men and women completely compatible and whatever compatibility we have amongst our mortal selves, we are genetically built to need variety, especially men. After a few years with the same significant other, trust me, you will start getting an urge to test the waters again. But fear not.....that don't make us bad people.
I don't need proof to understand this, but I can tell you that I'm not much for water testing when I know I can get whatever I need at home.

By that time, I've already claimed my prize, why shouldn't I continue opening it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 PM

16 posts, read 15,044 times
An old coworker once told me "If it flys, floats, or fuc* s you are better off renting it"

Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettWeir View Post
"If it flys, floats, or fuc* s you are better off renting it"
You sound like a real prize OP.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 PM

16 posts, read 15,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
You sound like a real prize OP.

I work in an industry that is 98% male. An older coworker told me. I thought it was funny. Im sorry you're so uptight!

Old 04-27-2011, 06:44 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettWeir View Post
I work in an industry that is 98% male. An older coworker told me. I thought it was funny. Im sorry you're so uptight!
I find it curious that since you originally started this thread, that's the only contribution you have made after folks posted 9 pages worth of replies.

Me thinks it speaks more about you than me, no?

Old 04-27-2011, 06:53 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,800,017 times
I once read that women's work at home has to be done "right now" (ie make dinner, give kids a bath) but men's chores tend to all be "when I get to it" (ie change the oil, mow the lawn), so there is a lot of stress because women can't control their workload as much as men can.

The issue of the "2nd shift" is huge as well. Men and women can both work a full-time job, but then the woman usually has to do the entire 2nd shirt in the evenings as well. (and the weekends!) That gets old very fast.

Then when you are worried about work, the kids, gaining weight, etc it's tough to just get "ready" like a switch is flipped on. Some women can I guess, but most require a winding down period, to get relaxed and feel connected to their partner. Then at the end of a busy workday, you sometimes end up just falling alseep the second you crawl into bed. (there can be hormonal causes for that as well, from thyroid to depression) Then of course, you worry about birth control because you want to believe that you are done with the kid business!

I don't believe in keeping a husband on a leash, and doling out sex as a reward. Again, games and I hate games! If the emotional connection is there, and the husband helps out around the house, then I would think that couple's "sex life" would be ok. (as long as nobody has any medical issues or major weigh gain that is causing a snag) Again, stress, age, work, weight gain, children, and household chores are all working against any married couple! With a sense of humor and a shared purpose, these obstacles can be overcome. I'm sure exercise would help as well!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It’s not just “Hey! I helped you clean so come over here and bend over!”
Oh if only it could be that simple...sigh

Old 04-27-2011, 07:05 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
I once read that women's work at home has to be done "right now" (ie make dinner, give kids a bath) but men's chores tend to all be "when I get to it" (ie change the oil, mow the lawn), so there is a lot of stress because women can't control their workload as much as men can.

The issue of the "2nd shift" is huge as well. Men and women can both work a full-time job, but then the woman usually has to do the entire 2nd shirt in the evenings as well. (and the weekends!) That gets old very fast.

Then when you are worried about work, the kids, gaining weight, etc it's tough to just get "ready" like a switch is flipped on. Some women can I guess, but most require a winding down period, to get relaxed and feel connected to their partner. Then at the end of a busy workday, you sometimes end up just falling alseep the second you crawl into bed. (there can be hormonal causes for that as well, from thyroid to depression) Then of course, you worry about birth control because you want to believe that you are done with the kid business!

I don't believe in keeping a husband on a leash, and doling out sex as a reward. Again, games and I hate games! If the emotional connection is there, and the husband helps out around the house, then I would think that couple's "sex life" would be ok. (as long as nobody has any medical issues or major weigh gain that is causing a snag) Again, stress, age, work, weight gain, children, and household chores are all working against any married couple! With a sense of humor and a shared purpose, these obstacles can be overcome. I'm sure exercise would help as well!
I assume the husband is going to pull some of that weight also. Maybe I just grew up in a different house hold where both husband and wife cleaned house and helped make meals. I'm used to seeing it and I incorporate that into my life(although I'm not married or have a SO right now). Just makes too much sense to me.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:36 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,378,669 times
If you satisfy her emotionally and physically, she will not just give up the nookie, she will happily ask you to take it regularly.

As for me, it takes no work from my husband. I guess I'm easy.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:20 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
As for me, it takes no work from my husband. I guess I'm easy.
say........are you looking for a brother husband?....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships