Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
At the real risk of sounding sexist, if men can get a BJ or sex without any commitment or expectations, they'll take the easy road.
LOL, not really sexist, well sorta, but probably true for the most part.

Chivalry is dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:53 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, not really sexist, well sorta, but probably true for the most part.

Chivalry is dead.
You know I love ya Chow...I'm generalising of course. And yes, it's dead, feminism killed it. One of the collaterals of war

Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
At the real risk of sounding sexist, if men can get a BJ or sex without any commitment or expectations, they'll take the easy road.
Absolutely! It's all about supply and demand. I was reading in the book I just mentioned on another thread that when there are more marriageable men, women have the upper hand in the "market" so to speak and relationships go their way; on the other hand, when there's an excessive supply of marriageable women (as it has been for quite some time), men get away with murder. The prognosis wasn't good, either - the author doesn't see any change in the status quo for at least another 50 years.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:56 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
You know I love ya Chow...I'm generalising of course. And yes, it's dead, feminism killed it. One of the collaterals of war
I was gonna post feminism killed it, but fear of the femanazi backlash prevented me.....

Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was gonna post feminism killed it, but fear of the femanazi backlash prevented me.....
Shall I beat you?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:04 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Most of the guys I've heard talking about their past FWB arrangements all found their wives through the traditional method of courtship. Their FWB buddies were all just conveniences. I don't think they would ever seriously consider any relationship with them. Though men don't necessarily admit to "losing respect" for a woman with whom they are having FWB arrangement, I think subconsciously they do lose a little something for them. I'm not sure what it is or how it can be described. Maybe a guy will explain this.
Mmm, I don't think they lose respect for the woman they have a FWB arrangement with--they never had it in the first place. It's like they go on a date with a woman and they decide they're not that into you, so they try to get some on the way out on the off chance that you may go for it. Saying that they'll see if it develops into something is crap and acting like all these other women go for it is crap too--it's called the "jumping on the bandwagon" persuasion technique. I've come to the conclusion that FWB arrangements only benefit the men and after going without for a couple of years, I've decided that I can wait for the real thing.

And yeah chow, feminism killed it. Some things are better, but some are def worse. We can't have sex like men do--most of us are just not made that way.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:09 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
this happens even to older people??????

Why are you guys scaring the young girl here???? :/

don't you guys know how sh*tty sex is with someone you have no feelings for and who also doesn't give a rip about you either? man...and yes I do know from experience.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I think it's probably even more common among older people as their lives are more complicated and many are unwilling to complicate them any more.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I think it's probably even more common among older people as their lives are more complicated and many are unwilling to complicate them any more.
ya I guess that makes sense. my life was pretty freakin complicated when I fell into that trap, ha!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post

Why are you guys scaring the young girl here???? :/

don't you guys know how sh*tty sex is with someone you have no feelings for and who also doesn't give a rip about you either? man...and yes I do know from experience.
maybe for you, some people it makes no difference, sometimes the sex is better with someone they dont care about and worse with the one they do..depends on the person/situation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships