U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:37 AM

745 posts, read 887,147 times

Advertisements

I'm a black male and I am very attracted to Indian women. Unfortunately it seems that the majority of them want nothing to do with black men. I've experienced this online and in person. I also rarely ever see this relationship combination in the real world either. It doesn't bother me much, but I'm wondering if there's a culture issue? Do Indian women feel there is a negative stigma associated with all black men?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:17 AM

19,023 posts, read 14,177,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I'm a black male and I am very attracted to Indian women. Unfortunately it seems that the majority of them want nothing to do with black men. I've experienced this online and in person. I also rarely ever see this relationship combination in the real world either. It doesn't bother me much, but I'm wondering if there's a culture issue? Do Indian women feel there is a negative stigma associated with all black men?
They will be very open, if they don't have to deal with the crap they have to put up with their family. The women themselves are not offenders, they just cannot sell a black man to the bigots back home.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:21 AM

2,901 posts, read 5,115,693 times
Well there are indian women (indian descendents with similar culture) from trinidad and tobago, guyana (basicly central america), and other places in africa and mauritius who are more comfortable with black people since those countries are ethnically half black and half indian. In those countries its not uncommon to see mixed people. In america these women are mostly found in nyc area and florida. Ever see that movie mississippi masala? thats about denzel washington and an indian girl from africa who fall in love. But really man, don't expect to get anyone unless u guys are in love, I never though I would fall in love with a south american but I did, I always pictured myself with either white or indian. Indians are like Italians or hispanic, u have to be serious and mix good with their family or its hard. They don't believe so much in just dating which is what modern people like to do. Become a hindu or become vegetarian and it'll be easier.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:26 AM

4,847 posts, read 5,158,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
... they just cannot sell a black man to the bigots back home.

lol

Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 PM

745 posts, read 887,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
They will be very open, if they don't have to deal with the crap they have to put up with their family. The women themselves are not offenders, they just cannot sell a black man to the bigots back home.
Such a shame. So many beautiful Indian women around but they seem to only be interested in white men if they decide to date outside of other Indians.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM

956 posts, read 567,714 times
Depends on where these Indian women are from. I'm sure I don't need to go into detail about the rigid caste system in that country, but if you think someone from a presumed "higher" social standing is going to marry the presumed "bottom feeders" and "untouchables", then you can forget about it. Indians with roots in Africa and the Caribbean are a whole different fiasco though, and the majority of BMIW couples that I know of (around 5 or so) involve Indian women with roots outside of India. Then again, you still get those Indian women raised away from home who are assimilated and go by the whole "race doesn't matter" mantra. No risk, no reward... go big Professor Griff or you will live the rest of your life in that "what if" stage.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:21 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,895,164 times
Most of the Indian women I used to know only dated Indian men.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:21 PM

345 posts, read 481,102 times
Yeah,it's a cultural thing.
I dated an Indian woman for a while,and she told me right up front that her parents would never accept me,because I was black.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 PM

23,932 posts, read 20,205,253 times
I had a chance back in college, and I blew it. What a doofus I was.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:39 PM

23,932 posts, read 20,205,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Well there are indian women (indian descendents with similar culture) from trinidad and tobago, guyana (basicly central america), and other places in africa and mauritius who are more comfortable with black people since those countries are ethnically half black and half indian.
But not Fiji though. Guyana is South, not Central America, btw.

Quote:
In those countries its not uncommon to see mixed people. In america these women are mostly found in nyc area and florida. Ever see that movie mississippi masala? thats about denzel washington and an indian girl from africa who fall in love. But really man, don't expect to get anyone unless u guys are in love, I never though I would fall in love with a south american but I did, I always pictured myself with either white or indian. Indians are like Italians or hispanic, u have to be serious and mix good with their family or its hard. They don't believe so much in just dating which is what modern people like to do. Become a hindu or become vegetarian and it'll be easier.
I know a few black-Indian folks here in the Northeast, and I just yesterday saw a very dark-skinned Indian man with his Ethiopian girlfriend (who was lighter than he was) at a local bookstore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships