Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
So I have always been a Democrat. I am a single guy in my 20s, and the realization is hitting me that my Republican friends generally do way better with the ladies. It definitely makes sense the more i think about it. I will compare two of my friends as an example.

My Democratic buddy at work is a middle-class, rather overweight guy who is very smart regarding the energy industry. Otherwise, he is your typical laid-back, sports and beer kind of guy. Perfectly nice guy, responsible and hard working. But not exactly a dude that the ladies swoon over.

My Republican friend was an Officer in the Marine Corps for 3 years where he stared down scud missiles every day in Iraq. After that, he went to get an MBA degree and now makes a ton of money. The guy is still in great shape and has not an ounce of excess body fat.

I have other examples too, but it is becoming clear to me that women seem to love Republican guys. Sometimes after doing a particularly tough squat workout at the gym, I wonder if I have been on the wrong side of the fence all these years.
Like Hawk said above...it's all about confidence. Conservatives tend to be more principled in their beliefs, which means most are able to articulate exactly how they feel about something and don't allow for much wiggle room. Liberals, on the other hand, are quick to point fingers about how they are oppressed. Libs are not very concise in their beliefs other than they believe free love for all is the answer to everything. In my experience, women like a principled man, even if they find some disagreement in those principles. If you stand up for what you believe in, you will be considered confident. Give it a try. It comes naturally for me. Women have never been a problem either. I don't think this is a coincidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 12:43 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,835,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The attraction of a male under 25 is the size of his biceps. The attraction of a male over the age of 25 is the size of his wallet. What you are percieving as "more attractive" characteristics of young republicans vs liberals is simply what made them a republican or liberal, not the fact they carry a voter registration with a "D" or an "R" on it.

Most liberals are intolerant pains in the ass in social settings and are just too tough to be around. They constantly bring up THEIR political views in social settings and are a complete bore. They tend to get angry too easily and make social gatherings unpleasant.

For that reason, liberals are banned from our house or any social gathering, as no one wants a "downer" when you want to relax. My daughter, who is a very attractive, thin, athletic intelligent young woman also feels as though libs are a pain in the ass and simply a drag to be around.

What do younger women want?

1. somebody with more money, rather than less. The poor and uninitiated tend to be democrats.

2. someone with confidence. Those with no confidence tend to be the losers in society, who will tend to be democrats.

3. someone with a sense of humor- dems are a pain in the ass in social settings and have poor senses of humor- too sensitive and easily offended. Life can be tough if you are walking on eggshells talking to someone who is oversensitive.

4. someone loyal- conservatives tend to have a better sense of loyalty, and thus devotion.

5. someone drug free- dems tend to be more likely someone to use drugs, which can certainly cause problems.
I'm quoting this because it is absolutely hilarious.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:48 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
So I have always been a Democrat. I am a single guy in my 20s, and the realization is hitting me that my Republican friends generally do way better with the ladies. It definitely makes sense the more i think about it. I will compare two of my friends as an example.

My Democratic buddy at work is a middle-class, rather overweight guy who is very smart regarding the energy industry. Otherwise, he is your typical laid-back, sports and beer kind of guy. Perfectly nice guy, responsible and hard working. But not exactly a dude that the ladies swoon over.

My Republican friend was an Officer in the Marine Corps for 3 years where he stared down scud missiles every day in Iraq. After that, he went to get an MBA degree and now makes a ton of money. The guy is still in great shape and has not an ounce of excess body fat.

I have other examples too, but it is becoming clear to me that women seem to love Republican guys. Sometimes after doing a particularly tough squat workout at the gym, I wonder if I have been on the wrong side of the fence all these years.
And I'm 6'2, in good shape, a sharp dresser, with a good job. I own a sports car that I race on my days off, and write, draw and play guitar in my spare time. I took martial arts and boxing, am perfectly confident, and grew up shooting firearms, which I own to this day. I believe in chivalry and am a consummate gentleman. When I'm not running a business, you can find me engaged in any of the above activities, or maybe wrenching on my or a friend's car.

I also am a vegetarian liberal. I have a wicked awesome aquarium and a parrot. I abhor church and think Jesus is a crock, but hold myself to a much higher moral standard than nearly every person I know, and this is something I'm well-known for in my business and personal dealings. I've been told by people that they'd "trust me with their life" before their spouses or parents.

I've got absolutely no problems with the ladies.

It has a lot more to do with your personality and how you put yourself out there than what your political affiliation is.

And FTR, I know some chunky, agreeable, laid-back sports dudes who have less of a hard time attracting women than other guys who are intense, driven gym rats.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:49 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
all women like a man in shape that has his life in order. I do not know a single woman that would date a conservative once they got to know them, no matter how wealthy or fit

Old 05-01-2011, 12:50 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:

Do you have any other friends other than the two you've
just stereotyped How about a Libertarian

Old 05-01-2011, 12:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I never get involved with conservative men. None of my liberal friends have, either.

Darn! Please allow me to speak for all conservative men when I tell you:

We're devastated!!!!!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:56 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
Interesting that a middle aged man seems to know what younger women want. He must have a special radar, like the über conservative Mel Gibson in What Women Want.

Regarding humor: the best comedians are liberals, like Jon Stewart, Conan O'Brien and Stepen Colbert. That is true for Europe, too.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:09 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
And I'm 6'2, in good shape, a sharp dresser, with a good job. I own a sports car that I race on my days off, and write, draw and play guitar in my spare time. I took martial arts and boxing, am perfectly confident, and grew up shooting firearms, which I own to this day. I believe in chivalry and am a consummate gentleman. When I'm not running a business, you can find me engaged in any of the above activities, or maybe wrenching on my or a friend's car.

I also am a vegetarian liberal. I have a wicked awesome aquarium and a parrot. I abhor church and think Jesus is a crock, but hold myself to a much higher moral standard than nearly every person I know, and this is something I'm well-known for in my business and personal dealings. I've been told by people that they'd "trust me with their life" before their spouses or parents.

I've got absolutely no problems with the ladies.

It has a lot more to do with your personality and how you put yourself out there than what your political affiliation is.

And FTR, I know some chunky, agreeable, laid-back sports dudes who have less of a hard time attracting women than other guys who are intense, driven gym rats.
Glad the vegetarian thing is working out well for you. Because I can recall at least 10 different dates i've been on in my lifetime where the response was "thank God you're not a vegetarian" while on a dinner date. Of course that's been a while, but apparently a sizeable component of women don't find vegetarianism in men to be all that attractive.

One of my uber-liberal coworkers is actually embarrassed that her husband is a vegetarian because it causes angst in social settings when he can't find something on the menu that suits his tastes. Then he gets whiny.

Guess it depends on the circles you hang out in.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:12 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Darn! Please allow me to speak for all conservative men when I tell you:

We're devastated!!!!!
most conservative men couldn't handle a woman that is independent, speaks her mind and doesn't need a man to support her. a great deal of conservative men prefer a woman who is subservient and who will accept his views and values as her own. he may not have a problem with her working and bringing money into the house but most conservative men want things their way and they seek out woman without a strong sense of self that will let them be "the man".

Old 05-01-2011, 01:14 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The attraction of a male under 25 is the size of his biceps. The attraction of a male over the age of 25 is the size of his wallet. What you are percieving as "more attractive" characteristics of young republicans vs liberals is simply what made them a republican or liberal, not the fact they carry a voter registration with a "D" or an "R" on it.

Most liberals are intolerant pains in the ass in social settings and are just too tough to be around. They constantly bring up THEIR political views in social settings and are a complete bore. They tend to get angry too easily and make social gatherings unpleasant.

For that reason, liberals are banned from our house or any social gathering, as no one wants a "downer" when you want to relax. My daughter, who is a very attractive, thin, athletic intelligent young woman also feels as though libs are a pain in the ass and simply a drag to be around.

What do younger women want?

1. somebody with more money, rather than less. The poor and uninitiated tend to be democrats.

2. someone with confidence. Those with no confidence tend to be the losers in society, who will tend to be democrats.

3. someone with a sense of humor- dems are a pain in the ass in social settings and have poor senses of humor- too sensitive and easily offended. Life can be tough if you are walking on eggshells talking to someone who is oversensitive.

4. someone loyal- conservatives tend to have a better sense of loyalty, and thus devotion.

5. someone drug free- dems tend to be more likely someone to use drugs, which can certainly cause problems.
Actually the highest per capita income and median household states and and counties in tha nation tend to vote Democratic, for exmaple:

Howard County, MD

Douglas Country, CO

Montgomery County, MD

Nassau County, NY

Calvert County, MD

Putnam County, NY

Marin County, CA

Santa Clara County, CA

Charles County, MD

Suffork County, NY

Also people in states and counties that lean Democratic tend to be better educated.

Percent of people with a bachelors degree or higher
Ten highest state/districts
District of Columbia - 47.7 %
Massachusetts - 37.4 %
Maryland - 34.8 %
Connecticut - 34.6 %
Colorado - 33.7 %
New Jersey - 33.3 %
Virginia - 32.7 %
New Hampshire - 32.1 %
Vermont - 32 %
Washington - 31.3 %

Ten lowest states/districts
West Virginia - 16.3 %
Arkansas - 18.1 %
Mississippi - 18.9 %
Kentucky - 19 %
Nevada - 19.3 %
Indiana - 21.5 %
Louisiana - 21.5 %
Alabama - 21.9 %
Oklahoma - 22.2 %
Tennessee - 22.2 %
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships