Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 03:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay, here's something about looks that I've kind of been afraid to say on here... "Judging" someone by looks isn't purely a selfish, superficial thing.
I agree. Set aside things like how you dress, hygiene, your hair style, etc. and just focus on physical features. If a woman rejects you because you're overweight, for example, it isn't because society is telling her to do so. It's because our brains have evolved to look for signs of health and vitality. A guy who's overweight doesn't project that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
I don't have a problem with any woman making the choice to wait for Mr. Right. I was just making the observation that these choices are made, and then "there are no good men" is proclaimed as a result of their choice to wait for the rare BMW instead of going with the reliable Honda. If I made this choice, I would deal with the consequences instead of complaining about my lack of options.
I agree that one should accept responsibility for their choices and not complain about the consequences. I knew a Korean girl who'd complain about not being able to meet quality guys. Problem was she was only looking for other Koreans while living in a city with a very small Korean population. So whose fault was it that she wasn't finding what she was looking for? Obviously hers since she set the criteria. This is also why I have no sympathy for people who complain about the quality of people on a dating site. If you're not happy with what you're finding, then maybe you ought to reconsider what you're filtering by. I don't know if men necessarily compromise on their criteria more than women. I think you just hear don't hear about it as much because men tend to keep that stuff to themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
I see a lot of Coyote Ugly Women with Baby strollers in Philly and that proves Men are not that PICKY-lol

Old 05-10-2011, 06:30 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I see a lot of Coyote Ugly Women with Baby strollers in Philly and that proves Men are not that PICKY-lol
Wrong. All it proves is that these women managed to find some men who would accept them. It doesn't prove that men in general are not picky.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 AM

53 posts, read 54,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I don't know. Maybe they're driving Fords.
good possibility lol

Old 05-30-2011, 02:22 PM

72 posts, read 100,527 times
I don't know.....I do know that I have no sympathy at all for my friends who constantly tell me that there are no good men, and when I ask them what they're looking for, their standards are too high. That's the reason, not that there are no good men, its just their standards are too high, and they don't want to compromise on their standards.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:47 PM

328 posts, read 603,026 times
Men want Kim Kardashian, women want Enrique Iglasias. Personality wise, both want someone who is, "kind, giving, deep, faithful, successful, and interested in the same qualities in life." It's nearly impossible to find a "good man/woman" when someone is looking for all these qualities wrapped into one; that is, unless you start taking away one by one the standards you hold an SO to.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:52 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Men want Kim Kardashian, women want Enrique Iglasias. Personality wise, both want someone who is, "kind, giving, deep, faithful, successful, and interested in the same qualities in life." It's nearly impossible to find a "good man/woman" when someone is looking for all these qualities wrapped into one; that is, unless you start taking away one by one the standards you hold an SO to.
There is nothing wrong with wanting someone who is attractive as long as you can offer the same in return

Old 05-30-2011, 03:41 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Is it really to do with the quality of the men out there or are they simply too picky, holding out for something which does not exist or is so rare in real life? Their criteria often sounds simple enough: someone caring, kind, funny, smart blah blah, these traits aren't exactly rare, yet women complain they can't find Mr. Right or even get a decent date. Fellas, doesn't that annoy you somewhat? They complain because out of the dozens of suitors none meets their lofty standards (or rather, they ***** and moan about the last three when they knew they were getting themselves into ) while a lot of guys can't even find a woman to be abusive to him? lol

Or maybe the other answer, that what you see on TV isn't a real reflection on real life, and is full of women who think they don't really need men, yet constantly whine and complain that they can't find that special someone.
Um no....the first (who I did love) had major issues -addiction which were lying in wait til the finances worked well for him...I bailed him out legally MANY times

The second bf is a decent guy, pays a TON of child support (yes guys I agree the laws are bad) but now bcs of stress spens most free time gaming on a stupid virtual game.....

fwiw I think the economy in amerika is destroying decent marriages . People can only take so much. My bf now HATES his job and I wish I could see things getting better...any rich guys out there????Im a good person, just sick of trying....

also there are attractive, good women out there, we just get fed up .....trust is difficult....

Old 07-30-2011, 02:57 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,138,954 times
In a long term relationship and in 30s. I guess I have missed out on having lots of relationships.

But there is an advantage, there are a lot of women out who frankly are just trouble and best avoided -
So many women in their 20s, although, would be ok for a single date, but once you get to know them their REAL personality comes you find out there a cranky, money grubbing and stressed all the time.

I just be myself, don't change anything for a woman, and if they don't like it tough... There are too many guys who change there behaviour for women.

If a woman finds you attractive, she will go for you - no need to walk on eggshells or try to mind read them.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:26 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,541 times
There is no way in hell that men are as picky as women when choosing partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships