Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 04:11 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,786,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I see a logical contradiction between these 2 phrases. How can women really be that picky if half of them are already married by age 27 per census stats? Say it takes a few years to date before marriage. That means half have already found their future marriage partner by 23-25.

I actually think one of the causes for divorce is that women aren't picky enough. Actually, people aren't picky enough, and that's a real shame.

When women say they can't find a decent man, it just means they can't find a decent man they're attracted to, that's attracted to them, that shares the same values, religious and political viewpoints, and all sorts of other areas of compatibility.
They're picky but they're picky about the wrong things such as height. This is why they're divorced at 35 and hence "Why can't I find a good man" is proclaimed. Men are the hunters..and women are the gatherers, women are just not good at the gathering part of it because they aren't properly taught about men when they are younger.
Also many women never had a father so this is makes the problem worse and is partially why they were never taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 04:21 PM

286 posts, read 365,787 times
Quote:
Forums are the worst, but I'm talking about more than just forums. I'm talking about women who "can't find a decent man", men who complain about women, online, offline, whatever. A lot of people don't take responsibility for their own situation, that's the truth, and it's not just in the dating arena, but in many aspects of life. Some do and that's great, but I don't find them to be the majority.
Well, then you have something in common with them. Some people don't take responsibility for their own situation, and you don't take responsibility for your unwarranted insulting remarks toward other forum members (i.e., Hurricane). You so casually throw out demeaning comments, i.e., "common denominator", further clarified by you as meaning not taking responsibility, but it was clearly unjustified.

I can't speak for Hurricane, he's probably forgotten about you by now.

What we're left with is a clear result: Is Broncos Quarterback big enough to acknowledge his own insulting behavior toward another forum member? We have our answer: No.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
Broncos it's just as easy to lob accusations that the problem vaguely lies within as it is to say that the problem lies with others. I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong, if I'm doing anything wrong at all. I've been in various environments (high school, university out in California and now university here in the region where I grew up). My high school was pretty much all people who've grown up here and my current uni has people from all across the country. I'm not ugly (ask a few people on this forum and they'll testify that I'm no Brad Pitt but I'm not Quaismodo either). I like to think that in real-life conversation I come off as friendly and personable. So what part am I doing wrong?

Old 08-09-2011, 04:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
So what part am I doing wrong?
For starters, why are you not at least in the sea, in the pool, or at the bar?!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:32 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans63 View Post
Well, then you have something in common with them. Some people don't take responsibility for their own situation, and you don't take responsibility for your unwarranted insulting remarks toward other forum members (i.e., Hurricane). You so casually throw out demeaning comments, i.e., "common denominator", further clarified by you as meaning not taking responsibility, but it was clearly unjustified.

I can't speak for Hurricane, he's probably forgotten about you by now.

What we're left with is a clear result: Is Broncos Quarterback big enough to acknowledge his own insulting behavior toward another forum member? We have our answer: No.
He was stating a fact. We are all the common denominators in our lives. Little more is as obvious as that. Where you find it to be an insult, I find it to be a compliment.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:34 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,786,399 times
Quote:
I think people change, but not fundamentally, as in their character probably remains about the same.

Also, I think most people would prefer someone who's been "good" all along.
When it comes to relationships and women I've always been the same..I have never been a bad boy so I'm not a reformed bad boy. I have always liked nice girls and would prefer a woman that isn't a reformed bad girl.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:38 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
For starters, why are you not at least in the sea, in the pool, or at the bar?!
I was at the pool for about an hour and a half earlier and my only company was a family of four. Perhaps I'll try the hotel pool tomorrow instead of the villa pool, it's got more activity. I doubt anyone's gonna approach me though :|

Old 08-09-2011, 04:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
I doubt anyone's gonna approach me though :|
Well, these places are not great for guys your age, but did it ever occur to you that you can approach people, too?! Instead of wasting your time online, at least practice general social skills - talk to people! For real!!!! Young, old, kids, men, women... doesn't matter... Just talk to people!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:45 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
As noted by other posters, I don't see remarkable differences. At the core we're still the same. My values really haven't changed, rather priorities have changed. Is that what you guys are meaning? I always figured priorities do change for a lot of folk as they get older where they are age appropriate (marriage, kids, college, responsibilities in general). I'm also curious where maturation comes into play here.
Agreed.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:45 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
I was at the pool for about an hour and a half earlier and my only company was a family of four. Perhaps I'll try the hotel pool tomorrow instead of the villa pool, it's got more activity. I doubt anyone's gonna approach me though :|
This might sound goofy, but would you want to date you? This was a question I asked myself many moons ago. I know many folk are of the mind of oppositeā€™s attracting, but I've always been a likes with likes kind of person. So, I thought to myself, what (qualities, hobbies, career, education, worldview, etc) do I want in a partner? Then, to the best of my ability, I set out to become that person. Of course, this might not work for guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships