Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 09:59 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
and in fact the U.S. Government sees Humanism as an established Religion.
Really? Would love to see your half-baked documentation on this especially when it's no secret the US government refers to 'people' as soft targets not humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Really? Would love to see your half-baked documentation on this especially when it's no secret the US government refers to 'people' as soft targets not humans.
Is your google search feature not working ?? : Does the U.S. GOvernment consider Secular Humanism a religion - Google Search

Now you know that you are a Religionist too .

Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
So you googled one persons OPINION of the subject. Your repeated attempts at ramming your religious beliefs down people's throats and your thoughts are the be all and end all to the world and wrapped up in religion is not only ignorant, it's totally inappropriate for this forum. There is a religious forum just for this type of thing. Don't subject your ideology on me - you have no idea where I stand on religion or what my extensive experience with religion is. It's this very behavior that turns many off to religion so your intent at getting the masses to repent is simply backfiring on you - Go To Religion.

The governmnet refers to people as 'soft targets.' Period.

None of this has anything to do with the OP or topic.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:21 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
I dont find any arrogance in what i said ; a man/woman who is thoroughly immersed in the world given todays cultural lifestyle philosophies is trained unto narcissism . And thats relentlessly foisted upon American Society in all facets of our Media . One may think that their life is going well by rejecting the Creator all of ones life, but it is the greatest deception ever and one which doesnt end well in the final analysis . However, God gives us that freewill choice . Christianity doesnt treat women as 'second class citizens' ..in fact, it was Jesus himself that restored dignity and infinite worth to the women of his day and that has been carried forth by those who practice real Christianity .

If you are a willful non Follower of God/Christ, then you should be concentrating on spending time with the same , otherwise , youll be whats called Un-equally yoked and it will cause great strife. Lastly, EVERYONE is religious in the sense that we all have a firm set of standards/philosophy/worldview/desires that compete for our attention and therefore is acted out on ; everyone has something that they worship..whether it be the Creators rightful place or Self or things. So even atheism (Secular Humanism) is religious..and in fact the U.S. Government sees Humanism as an established Religion.

Give God a chance with your life and youll be satisfying your ultimate purpose in being here in this time in history. Peace.

Yes, you are arrogant because you are assuming your worldview is the correct one and that everyone that doesn't subscribe is to be pitied. That is one of the biggest problems I would have being in a relationship with someone who thinks like you. I believe everyone has their own path to follow and I'm not arrogant enough to think my way is the only way.

Hopefully, one day you will realize this and stop judging others for their decisions.

And btw, I'm an Atheist that isn't a secular humanist

Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I'm not an athiest myself, but I've read that athiests have the lowest divorce rates of any religious affiliation. Just take that under consideration.

I will agree that church is not a bad place to meet someone if you're at least somewhat spiritual. It's one more outlet at least.

I also disagree that it's so hard to find a decent man. If a woman can't find a decent man, most likely her judgement of character is seriously off.
Here in D.C. and in my exp. at least, church is the very *worst* place to find someone romantically I've know...I've tried it, for years now (in addition to attending for religious reasons, of course). Church gals here, by and large: cold, cruel, dismissive, excluding, cliquish, and/or just plain mean

Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Here in D.C. and in my exp. at least, church is the very *worst* place to find someone romantically I've know...I've tried it, for years now (in addition to attending for religious reasons, of course). Church gals here, by and large: cold, cruel, dismissive, excluding, cliquish, and/or just plain mean
Knight, I don't know what kind of churches you go to but I encounter a lot of nice and kind gals at churches. I think it's just really D.C. IMO. But of course, you go to all sorts of places and you encounter, mean, cold, nice, and kind of people.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Is your google search feature not working ?? : Does the U.S. GOvernment consider Secular Humanism a religion - Google Search

Now you know that you are a Religionist too .
I'm not quite sure what all is entailed in secular humanism, but the onus is upon you to provide the evidence for your statements/arguments. The link you provided, tho, is on par with the style and evidence that holds many religions (unclear, lacking scruples, thought, etc).

Any how, an absence of a deity in one's life does not imply Sec. hum.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:59 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Knight, I don't know what kind of churches you go to but I encounter a lot of nice and kind gals at churches. I think it's just really D.C. IMO. But of course, you go to all sorts of places and you encounter, mean, cold, nice, and kind of people.
Tried many different denominations, over the years: Baptist, Southern Baptist, Catholic, Anglican/Episcopalian, officially Non-denominational with Protestant theological leanings, Methodist, Quaker, LDS, others...all the same though here in terms of the basic personality though. I really think a lot of it honestly has to do though with the D.C. geography, b/c before I moved to D.C. when I lived in another state,the religious ppl there were decidely very different, more friendly, and a lot more welcoming and caring...

Old 08-12-2011, 10:59 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Unfortunately the enviroment of the DC area even extends into the pews of church. My problem with church girls that the ones who seem decent are always taken. I guess I have a habit of being beaten to the punch.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Is it really to do with the quality of the men out there or are they simply too picky, holding out for something which does not exist or is so rare in real life? Their criteria often sounds simple enough: someone caring, kind, funny, smart blah blah, these traits aren't exactly rare, yet women complain they can't find Mr. Right or even get a decent date. Fellas, doesn't that annoy you somewhat? They complain because out of the dozens of suitors none meets their lofty standards (or rather, they ***** and moan about the last three when they knew they were getting themselves into ) while a lot of guys can't even find a woman to be abusive to him? lol

Or maybe the other answer, that what you see on TV isn't a real reflection on real life, and is full of women who think they don't really need men, yet constantly whine and complain that they can't find that special someone.
In some cases they look at the wrong places.
In some cases many get in the sack with them right away without really getting to know that man and yet expect marriage because they just mated. The see mating as love instead of really being pleasure for the men.
Many deny the guy is not worth keeping but live in denial and think they can change him.
Many do not take heed of others around when they tell them the guy is a jerk.
They also want to change the guy to be how they like him to be instead of looking more closely for the guy that suits their likes, desires, etc.
If she does not want to get married she is entitled to it, she is liberated but if he does the same he is not like commitment.
They expect the ideal the TV and the movies give them.
Also, still many women want equality but are not willing to give it. If they want to stay at home expect the men to go along but if the men wants to do the same he is a free loafer, lazy, etc.
Many women as much as they deny it look for the wallet, not the heart.
Lastly, if they asked themselves this question when looking at a prospect and be honest about it they would have more success. The question is "Is this what I want my children to have for a father?
Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships