Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:14 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Is it really to do with the quality of the men out there or are they simply too picky, holding out for something which does not exist or is so rare in real life? Their criteria often sounds simple enough: someone caring, kind, funny, smart blah blah, these traits aren't exactly rare, yet women complain they can't find Mr. Right or even get a decent date. Fellas, doesn't that annoy you somewhat? They complain because out of the dozens of suitors none meets their lofty standards (or rather, they ***** and moan about the last three when they knew they were getting themselves into ) while a lot of guys can't even find a woman to be abusive to him? lol

Or maybe the other answer, that what you see on TV isn't a real reflection on real life, and is full of women who think they don't really need men, yet constantly whine and complain that they can't find that special someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,152 times
Funny, for a long time, I had a dry spell in finding quality women to date. I can say though, I never bitched and moaned about it.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
I think its just a case of a lot of people trying to get in relationships or more serious dating and they are not ready for that for many reasons on both ends. Guys that play, women who are not realistic etc.

Complaining...hey...thats just what us ladies do. Cluck!

I never complained about it myself really...but it was just too funny to with some of the ways people would go about themselves. How could I complain about gaining an interesting story of crazy blind date #232? Thats for laughing and sharing!

YouTube - Joe Tex "The Love You Save (May Be Your Own)" 45rpm

Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,348 times
Look, there are plenty of great, single women out there who want to date a good guy. BE ONE OF THEM. If you are not dating them, then you ARE NOT ONE OF THEM.

Don't blame the girls, because it's true, there are a lot of guys who these girls don't want to bring home to their families, hang out with their friends, or even go out to dinner with.

See who these "good guys" are, and learn why girls are attracted to them.. and it's NOT always good looks. Learn, adapt, grow. Then the girls will come.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Sounds like sour grapes. You're upset because these women aren't seeing you as having any potential. Any time someone blames an entire gender on the lack of success they're having in dating, it's obvious that it's the complainer that needs to work on things. It's the old "I'm ok, the rest of the world is crazy" logic.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Sounds like sour grapes. You're upset because these women aren't seeing you as having any potential. Any time someone blames an entire gender on the lack of success they're having in dating, it's obvious that it's the complainer that needs to work on things. It's the old "I'm ok, the rest of the world is crazy" logic.
Actually this isn't something I notice personally, but more when I hear certain people in real life and on TV and movies (mostly the latter, sadly) talk. Does Hollywood just present a stupid distorted picture of how things really are?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Well I think women are complaining because it is hard to find a decent man who is available, desirable and wants to be with u. I would think that same can be said from the male perspective too.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Actually this isn't something I notice personally, but more when I hear certain people in real life and on TV and movies (mostly the latter, sadly) talk. Does Hollywood just present a stupid distorted picture of how things really are?
There is your first mistake - listening to the drivel coming out of Hollywood. Talk about a bunch of dysfunctional people.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:21 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If you're using Hollywood as a basis for reality, I can see how you'd be conflicted. Romantic comedies are not a reflection of real life.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:50 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,814 times
its because women want to be with a top notch man thats probably beyond their league but theres not enough of them to go around. The top guys either are taken or wont be committed to you.

On the flip side, men are much more likely to be satisfied with a girl, but they are less likely to be committed if they get the chance to cheat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships