Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:40 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It would be a libido-killer for me at any point. I wouldn't be able to stop seeing him as a baby, and I would not be able to muster respect or affection (let alone desire) for such a man. To each his own, sure, but I don't play that.
from wiki: Paraphilic infantilism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Paraphilic infantilism is a paraphilia characterized by the uncontrollable desire to wear diapers, due to reasons other than medical necessity, and/or be treated as an infant[1] or toddler. Within the community of such diaper wearers, one who engages only in the erotic or sexual aspect of diaper wearing without experiencing any accompanying regression fantasies is known as a diaper lover (or DL). An adult who only engages in the infantilistic play aspect is known as an adult baby (or AB).[2] An adult who may experience both of these things is referred to as an AB/DL.[3][4] In 2004, an informal online survey of 80 adult diaper wearers showed that approximately 40% considered themselves strictly DL's, approximately 40% were mixed, and 20% considered themselves strictly AB's. The survey also indicated that there is a significant number of teenagers who engage in this practice.[5] The American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, indicates that a majority of infantilists are heterosexual males.[6] DLs and ABs differ in self-image and the focus of attention.[1][7] Neither includes a sexual preference for children.[1][7] There is no singular, typical behavior for paraphilic infantilism, but a wide range of thought patterns and behaviors. Some fantasize about being free of guilt, responsibility, or control, whereas others might not. Some act indistinguishably from a baby at times, while others practice in a way that would probably not be noticed by passers by on the street. The desires and tastes of paraphilic infantilists vary around common themes of diapers and babyhood.
Interesting stuff. Does the video refer to how they manifest this Infantilism?

On the non-sexual part of the spectrum, I don't believe these people are mentally healthy, which is sad.

On the sexual end of this spectrum, I'm totally with you JJ. I couldn't be with a man likes this either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
from wiki: Paraphilic infantilism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Paraphilic infantilism is a paraphilia characterized by the uncontrollable desire to wear diapers, due to reasons other than medical necessity, and/or be treated as an infant[1] or toddler. Within the community of such diaper wearers, one who engages only in the erotic or sexual aspect of diaper wearing without experiencing any accompanying regression fantasies is known as a diaper lover (or DL). An adult who only engages in the infantilistic play aspect is known as an adult baby (or AB).[2] An adult who may experience both of these things is referred to as an AB/DL.[3][4] In 2004, an informal online survey of 80 adult diaper wearers showed that approximately 40% considered themselves strictly DL's, approximately 40% were mixed, and 20% considered themselves strictly AB's. The survey also indicated that there is a significant number of teenagers who engage in this practice.[5] The American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, indicates that a majority of infantilists are heterosexual males.[6] DLs and ABs differ in self-image and the focus of attention.[1][7] Neither includes a sexual preference for children.[1][7] There is no singular, typical behavior for paraphilic infantilism, but a wide range of thought patterns and behaviors. Some fantasize about being free of guilt, responsibility, or control, whereas others might not. Some act indistinguishably from a baby at times, while others practice in a way that would probably not be noticed by passers by on the street. The desires and tastes of paraphilic infantilists vary around common themes of diapers and babyhood.
Interesting stuff. Does the video refer to how they manifest this Infantilism?

On the non-sexual part of the spectrum, I don't believe these people are mentally healthy, which is sad.

On the sexual end of this spectrum, I'm totally with you JJ. I couldn't be with a man likes this either.
I didn't watch much of the video, because I didn't think it had much to say. His companion is a morbidly obese former nurse who cares for him, so all of their issues probably fit together. It is sad, yeah.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Goo goo ga ga! Maybe big baby didn't get enough mothering, wasn't breast-fed?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Appreciate everybody's help!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:32 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I didn't have time to watch the whole thing at home and don't wanna watch it here. Do they have sex? Does he work?

No, it's not a sexual thing.

He lives with his mothers best friend since the mom died. Taking care of him this way apparently fulfils some lonely sad need in her. They have a very symbiotic relationship.

They are both on disability. They run a website for other wounded people who live like they do

Old 05-04-2011, 10:40 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

He lives with his mothers best friend since the mom died. Taking care of him this way apparently fulfils some lonely sad need in her. They have a very symbiotic relationship.

They are both on disability. They run a website for other wounded people who live like they do
I see. Thanks, LM.

Well, if some sort of a symbiotic relationship works for both parties and doesn't harm anybody else, it's none of our business, I suppose. It is sad, though...

Then again, it must feel pretty darn good to be a baby! Why can't I find somebody to baby me?!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:45 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
I didn't watch the video and would never be in a relationship like that BUT if it works for two dysfunctional people then more power to them. If they feel secure and loved through this then it's good for them.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
There was an episode on CSI about this a few years ago. The crux of the issue was the guys mother was abusive and didn't believe in close emotional contact with him when he was a baby!

Old 05-04-2011, 05:37 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I just saw the video and searched a little online.

Loves.... you are so sweet and understanding.... BUT

I guess I'm just not as evolved as you are nor do I agree with this "laissez-faire" attitude when people are obviously living a significant portion of their lives in fantasy, even if it's not harmful to others or their surroundings. I think I have less of an issue with this as a sexual fetish than I do with the "Adult Baby", who lives as such in order to feel safe, cared for and free of responsibility.

Furthermore, I am equally uncomfortable with their caregivers & enablers. They themselves have a warped need to baby maturing children and adults. That isn't just wrong in human society, but I don't believe it even exists in the Animal Kingdom.

For the record, I don't believe in "fixing" and "curing" people, but I do believe in intervention and teaching people to meet their special needs appropriately. Not to just let them be.

While I was searching I came across this site: ABDL Daddy – Adult Babies from a Dad's Perspective a site run by a father of an Adult Baby for other daddies of Adult Babies.

Here is a snippet from one of his articles:
Wet Diapers and the Adult Baby: Things a Daddy Should Know : ABDL Daddy – Adult Babies from a Dad's Perspective where he actually encourages the Adult Baby to wet their diaper more often so that Daddy can change it and give him/her even more loving attention.

Sorry, I think this is the wrong approach and both the Adult Baby and the Parent/Caregiver need serious intervention.

Quote:
As you find him wetting his diaper more frequently instead of waiting for a ‘release’, this is a sign that your little guy is trusting you and feels safe as your baby boy.
For these little guys, it’s OK to leave him in a slightly wet diaper. When you find a damp diaper, make a comment, give his diaper a little squeeze, or kiss the top of his head.
Letting him know that daddy is always checking his diaper gives him a sense of confidence that you’re there for him and communicates that it’s OK to use his diaper as frequently as he needs to – because daddy will always check him and be ready to change him when the time comes.

Last edited by JustJulia; 05-04-2011 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: Quoting too much from copyrighted work

Old 05-04-2011, 05:42 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
I'm one of those people who usually shrugs and says "to each its own", but this is really sad, IMO. Something really terrible must have happened, perhaps he didn't get enough affection and love as an infant. I think this is a form of mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships