Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:04 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,266,738 times

Advertisements

Conversely I think some Achondroplastic dwarves are actually quite normal sized...

Don't ask how I know, it would be an un-PC answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 10:10 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,557,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That hasn't been my experience.
I guess we'll have to disagree then.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:19 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,798,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That hasn't been my experience.
What other part of the body does not seem to increase with proportion? Although having said that shorter people do seem to have shorter limbs even proportionate to their heights, that's why short women (say 5'1") and short men (5'6" or so) actually tend to look more 'stocky' to me than the average.

I'm not having a go at the little guys, of course, because even if what I say is true it wouldn't even be all THAT noticeable. A guy who is 185cm will only be 1.05 times or 5% taller than a guy who is 175cm (don't sound like much does it?). So if the proportion for his penis was the same, if the 175cm man was 6.0 inches (just say) than 6.0 x 1.05 = 6.3 inches, or 0.3 inches between a man who is average height and one who is at the tall end of normal. The difference in girth would be even smaller. Would most women really notice the extra 0.3 inches?

Actually when you factor in things like individual genetics, you may be right in a sense, the difference is so tiny that height isn't really much of a deciding factor. But I still think there is at least some difference. Does this make sense?

Old 05-06-2011, 11:37 PM

461 posts, read 780,592 times
The height of a man or woman does not correlate with the size of their sexual organs.

A 7' guy can have a peanut and a petite girl, the Continental Divide.
The largest penis I've seen (live) was a guy who was 5'6". I nicknamed him Kickstand.

Btw, Ron Jeremy is 5'6" but that wasn't the guy.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:59 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,164,242 times
Directed towards the OP...

what exactly did you establish?
That women like tall men? NO...You established THAT some women are very shallow that height is all that matters!
This is no breakthrough...this has already been proven by the responses in some mens inboxes or lack thereof...
This is a generalized statement or hypothesis..

This is no different from men responding on womens looks period regardless of their status...i.e. some men stating "I need your number and to speak with you to know you are not a BOT...or a scammer."

Meaning somewhere along the line of throwing their line into the pond they fell for a woman BASED on looks alone...and have been taken for a ride...so really? What was established?

The fact that SOME women prefer a taller man? Did not take a rocket scientist to determine this..

Old 05-07-2011, 01:13 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,798,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
The height of a man or woman does not correlate with the size of their sexual organs.

A 7' guy can have a peanut and a petite girl, the Continental Divide.
The largest penis I've seen (live) was a guy who was 5'6". I nicknamed him Kickstand.

Btw, Ron Jeremy is 5'6" but that wasn't the guy.
They CAN, be come on, on average they'll tend to match their size.

Tell me again, if everything else increases with proportion, it's totally illogical that the sex organs are magically exempt, just because short people are insecure about themselves. It's just PC irrationality tbh.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:36 AM

461 posts, read 780,592 times
According to this study
http://www.scribd.com/doc/29971609/The-Relationships-Among-Height-Penile-Length-and-Foot-Size (http://http//www.scribd.com/doc/29971609/The-Relationships-Among-Height-Penile-Length-and-Foot-Size - broken link)

the conclusion is as follows:

"Two of the more common popular sexual presumptions are that penis length may be predicted by observing a man's foot size or his height (Master and Johnson, 1980; McCary, 1971). Our data and an analysis of the data of Loeb confirm these hypotheses but offer only weak support. The relatively low correlation coefficients, although statistically significant, indicate that there is no practical utility in predicting penis size from foot size or height."

Old 05-07-2011, 01:56 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,164,242 times
Oh good lord are we focusing the attraction of TALL men on PENIS SIZE?

LMAO....I have been with tall men and I do not speak for all...but I will state HEIGHT has nothing to do with the package...the guy I dated for awhile whom was 5'7 , had the body from hell was packing...so that debate is dead...

Old 05-07-2011, 02:52 AM

369 posts, read 616,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
A friend and I conducted an experiment on POF by making a fake profile of a 7 foot tall guy and hilarity ensued.

We posted the profile in a city far from us where there were a lot of women with strict height requirements on their profiles. My friend agreed to have his picture used on it, he's considered pretty average looking, nothing special, but not ugly. Anyway, we had to do some very creative photography and photoshopping to make it look as if he was truly 7 ft. tall. We lowered a basketball rim and had him reach up & touch it with his feet flat on the ground. Had some people kneel down in pics with him, but cut the part off where you could see they were kneeling.

As for the profile, we wanted to make this guy have traits that would normally be very undesirable to many women. The headline got a lot of attention, we put "Tallest guy on POF!" Here's how the profile read, and yes we really put all this down.

Hay ladies,

My name is Jon I'm 29 & i'm a cool guy that happens to be seven foot tall. Yah I used to play basketball but my cureer ended when i dropped out of high school sofmore year. i didn't never care for school i still don't need it. I like to do a lot of fun stuff i don't have a job so i got lots of free time to persue my hobies. but because i don't have a job i don't have no car and i can't pay for no dates. I'm hopin to find a girl who will take care of those needs for me. My main hobies are smoking weed and playing xbox 360. i'm looking for a girl whose 420 frendly i live in my moms basement but she don't care if i smoke or have frends over 2 smoke

I don't plan to live at home 2 much longer. I just got done serving an 8 years sintince in prison and i want to get my life back on track and stay away from the po-po's.

Message me ladys i want to get 2 know u!

Now, any reasonable person would think "Who the hell would respond to that ad?" You would think no one, but within two hours of posting the profile we had 11 messages in our inbox. All the messages stated something along the lines of "Wow, I love REALLY tall guys" or "Oooh, 7ft. tall, yummy!" You would think the majority of women responding would be less than desirable too, but most that messaged us had good jobs, were good looking, and were educated.

When we started chatting with some of them through IM, that's when things got real interesting. Here are some interesting tidbits from our chats? RG = random girl

Jon: yeh i really am that tall girl
RG: Can we meet tonight?

Jon: So is it OK that i smoke weed?
RG: It's no big deal, I mean everyone has their vices right?

Jon: I don't know how i'm gunna be able to take you to eat with no $ or car?
RG: Don't worry about it, I'll come pick you up and pay for the date too.

Jon: nah I can't get 2 gether tomorrow nite, i got a double date with my xbox and my bong
RG: Perhaps this weekend?

I know you're thinking, this all sounds crazy or too outlandish, but none of this is made up or is a joke. My friend and I just sat there going

The only total dealbreaker during our chats that sent every woman running for the hills was when we told them that "Jon" was a registered sex offender who was in prison for fondling an 11 year old girl.

We took the profile down as soon as our experiment ended.

Anyone think a 5'10" guy with a profile like this would get many replies? LOL
Interesting how tall some women will go just to get away from that prejudice against short men.

How about an experiment to see if women really favor good men (as they say they do) over handsome but callous men? I mean I've done the experiment and it always came out in favor of the guy with looks but maybe your experiment might come out differently........give it a try.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:39 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,761,660 times
FTR, though I'm a guy... I've known plenty of women of average/shorter height who feel that if a guy is too much taller than her, it doesn't feel right. I'm 6'2, and I've dated some shorter gals (4'10-5'2) who had never dated, or considered dating, someone my height - and there are plenty of guys out there who are taller than me!

And yes: to go there... from the standpoint of a 6'2 guy who... you know... wears a size 15 shoe... you run into, uh, logistical problems that are much more pronounced, the greater the height difference. And while there have been a few girls who have been all about it, there have been an equal number who have said things like "that's scary" or "there's no way I'm putting that in me." You want to talk about a buzzkill, or feeling emasculated? Yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships