Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:29 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I prefer not to generalize about an entire age group. Having said that, however, I find most of the 20something women I meet to be immature, self-centered, and unfocused. While you'll find plenty of women in their 30s who are bitter, distrustful, and emotionally scarred, you'll also find many who aren't. And yes, a lot of women over 30 are unattractive. But not every woman under 30 is attractive and many women over 30 look better than your average 20something. What's also true is that many women over 30 are better off financially, have greater stability in their lives, and have a better sense of who they are, who they're looking for, and what they want out of life. A lot of women in their late 20s are anxious to get married and have kids whereas women in their 30s may be past that. Many have been married before and have learned a lot of valuable lessons. Some even have kids and aren't looking to have more. Oh, and I've noticed that the 30something women I've dated were much more comfortable with their bodies than the girls I dated in their 20s. That translates to better sex.
Is not experiencing insecurity about our body (or ourselves) is part of life? Sometimes I get the feeling that we expect (or even me) the other person to accept themselves right off the bat (or once they hit 21). Not that I disagree or anything because there are some areas that I am insecure about, but I don't tell to the whole world what I am insecure about it. I can hide it quite well that most people can't detect them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Is not experiencing insecurity about our body (or ourselves) is part of life? Sometimes I get the feeling that we expect (or even me) the other person to accept themselves right off the bat (or once they hit 21). Not that I disagree or anything because there are some areas that I am insecure about, but I don't tell to the whole world what I am insecure about it. I can hide it quite well that most people can't detect them.
Older people are good at reading between the lines. You may trick peers but older people...been there, done that, and see right through your masks. Trust me.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:05 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Each individual is different. I've known people who obsess over their appearance from their twenties to their sixties. All depends on the individual. Speaking in general terms, as you get older you should be more comfortable in your own skin and not as insecure. Most of us may have something we wish we could change about our appearance, but not to the point you're afraid to be seen in the buff by someone you're intimate with.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:25 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Each individual is different. I've known people who obsess over their appearance from their twenties to their sixties. All depends on the individual. Speaking in general terms, as you get older you should be more comfortable in your own skin and not as insecure. Most of us may have something we wish we could change about our appearance, but not to the point you're afraid to be seen in the buff by someone you're intimate with.
I think when we reach a certain place in life we stop thinking about "what might have been" and start using what we have to the best of our ability. When my youngest girl was born we didnt have a crib. So she slept in the bottom dresser drawer. You use what you have! Most women over 40 not only accept what they have, they've become damn good at using it!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Yes I prefer women over 30. Over 40 is even better. And over 50 is even better than that. More mature women dont play head games.
I think I'm about to find out very soon..............

Old 05-11-2011, 11:56 AM

950 posts, read 1,515,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Saying you don't find women over 30 physically attractive boggles my mind.
It makes sense after all if a woman is 29 and she looks like Natalie Portman, she is going to look like Betty White as soon she turns 30 and is 1 year older.

Once women turn 30 they need to start wearing a diaper and need go live in a retirement home because they are so extremely old.

Last edited by Tiger Blood; 05-11-2011 at 12:06 PM..

Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
It makes sense after all if a woman is 29 and she looks like Natalie Portman, she is going to look like Betty White as soon she turns 30 and is 1 year older.

Once women turn 30 they need to start wearing a diaper and meed go live in a retirement home because they are so extremely old.

..the fact that he states 1/50 for over 30 and 1/15 for 20's shows he is going to find life tough as he gets older

Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
..the fact that he states 1/50 for over 30 and 1/15 for 20's shows he is going to find life tough as he gets older
You mean HE will get older?! Blasphemy!

Old 05-11-2011, 12:09 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
For you guys over 30, do you prefer women near your age, older or younger?

I used to date some women in their early/mid 30's. With few exceptions, they turned out to be bitter, distrustful of men, and emotionally scarred from previous relationships.

In addition, I find so few women over 32 to be attractive physically. Perhaps 1 in 50 women aged 30-35 are attractive to me compared to 1 in 15 for women 20-28. Without the physical attraction, you can't begin the relationship.

I've not dated anyone over 30 in the last couple of years, and I don't think I will again until I'm in my upper 40s
I'm 33. As little as 2 years ago I was mostly attracted to women who were older than me, anywhere from 30 to 45.

I'm a little wary of women in their mid 30s now because of some baby rabies experiences.

Lately I've been attracted to younger women but it might just be a phase.

So short answer, yes I am attracted to women in their 30s.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:11 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You mean HE will get older?! Blasphemy!
Luckily i'm a man whose tastes change with age, im 36 now and i find women my own age attractive for sure, as I age I will probably still find women of my own age group attractive. i'm kind of glad im not THAT guy that starts off being attracted to 20 year olds and never stops even though he is 50-60, that is too friggin cliche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships