Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 07:12 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times

Advertisements

I'm under 30 and yes, I'd date a women over 30. Preferably below 35 though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,832,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think a 30, 40 and 50 year old woman can be very attractive. Women that care about their looks, generally stay attractive well into their 50s. I feel sorry for guys who think 30 year old women are not attractive, especially when those guys turn 50.. I bet they change their minds then.
The last line is so true.On the dating sites I see 90% of the 50 year olds wanting 30 to 40 year old women. The 50 year old men don't seem to want the 20 year old women.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
Hee, I didn't even MEET my SO until I was 30 (he was 26, and the pursuer). I actually am in much better shape, too, in my 30s as opposed to in my twenties, when I was starting out in my career, working as many hours as were thrown at me with no regard for setting boundaries, getting ****ty sleep due to that, eating like crap while on the fly, and consequently not having sufficient energy to properly exercise. You live, you learn, but my lifestyle is loads healthier at 35 than it was at 25, and it shows in my appearance.

At any rate, I feel pretty glad that I picked a winner - a man in his thirties that doesn't write off women in their thirties, because apparently, that's a more precious commodity than I every would have thought.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:21 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
It's been over 25 years since I even dated someone under 30! LOL

Old 04-17-2012, 05:06 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Only 1.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 PM

114 posts, read 214,281 times
yeah i'm attracted to women over 30.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
For you guys over 30, do you prefer women near your age, older or younger?

I used to date some women in their early/mid 30's. With few exceptions, they turned out to be bitter, distrustful of men, and emotionally scarred from previous relationships.

In addition, I find so few women over 32 to be attractive physically.
How would you know how old a woman is, just by looking at her? Women stay in shape like never before, and if they haven't had kids, they stay young-looking a lot longer. Looks can be very deceptive.

If you're finding bitter women with relationship-history baggage, there's something wrong with your selection process.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,940 times
The thread, nearly 1 year old, has as its title, "Are you attracted to women over 30?"

Yes. It's been nearly a decade since I turned 30, so a good percentage of the women I dated and/or found attractive have been at least 30.

Thinking back to my late 20s and early 30s, when I still "managed" to date women who were in their 20s, there surely were advantages. It goes without saying that a women in her mid-20s looks younger and better than a woman 10 years older. They are often more open and have less emotional baggage. Their views are still somewhat malleable.

However, now that I'm very close to middle age, I see that there are great things in women who are over 30. They tend to be:
- more confident
- surer in their identities and personalities
- free (or freer) of insecurities insofar what people think of them
- humbler: they've lived longer, have had their bumps along the road, and consequently lack the stuckup-ness, idealism, and naivete that women in their 20s often struggle with
- more aware of what they want and like, and don't want/don't like

Of course, this is a blanket observation. I have seen very mature, well-rounded, and emotionally healthy women in their 20s. I have also met some women in their 30s who had more baggage than a cargo plane, and as bad as this was, they were oblivious to it - but the baggage flowed out through their attitude, alienating others and making it obvious to others they were bitter and unhappy.

As far as looks go: the difference between the two age groups is that women in their 20s simply have that fresher look, and those who are less than 25, that girlish, quasi-adolescent look. Physically and sexually, as women, sure, they can draw my attention. But even if they dress sexy or what not, I'm simply no longer as attracted. Compare that to women in their 30s - yes, their complexion isn't as great; they may have a few wrinkles, or a few pounds more. But they have that elegant, ladylike charm that just radiates; the way they carry themselves is far more eye-catching to me than the aesthetically pleasing but otherwise simple or quasi-kid-like style certain girls in their 20s have.

And as if that weren't enough, the generational gap plays a role when they talk. A woman who is 24 or 25, a few years out of college, and in her first job... I will not be able to relate to her very well. She's going through something I went through in the mid-1990s. But a woman who is 32, 33, or 35, who has a mortgage, who is struggling with aging and the desire to marry and wants to settle down... that's a woman whose priorities are more parallel to mine.

One of my good friends, who turns 38 very soon, is a knockout in every sense... incredibly witty, highly intelligent, professionally successful, physically beautiful (tall, long-legged, great figure, exuberant smile, deep and huge eyes), very feminine, has great style, and a warm heart. Sure, I can tell she's aged... but I'd take her any day of the week over a similarly pretty but much less mature, less knowledgeable, and plainly less "well-lived" 26 or 27-year-old woman.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The last line is so true.On the dating sites I see 90% of the 50 year olds wanting 30 to 40 year old women. The 50 year old men don't seem to want the 20 year old women.
I understand. Even the hottest 18-25 year old women would be like kids to a 50-year-old man.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:31 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,633 times
I don't know where you're seeing these attractive 30 somethings, near every one around my age are quite large and unfit. Don't get me started on the excessive makeup ones. Felt like I was kissing a scented candle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships