U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2011, 10:33 AM

11,005 posts, read 10,042,120 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of women over 30 that I would happily hump and pump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 AM

17,595 posts, read 10,087,269 times
Depends on the woman. There are some very attractive women over the age of 30.

But hitting 30 is a bit of a penalty for a woman. It's like a guy being 5'7. Just like there's something seemingly magical about the 6' mark for guys, there's something equally magical about the age 24 for a woman.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:14 PM

3,045 posts, read 2,915,527 times
As a guy that is 48, i feel like any woman under 30 could be my daughter! Yes, there are very beautiful and gorgeous women that are over 40, and of course well over 30.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:22 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,592,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I am 56, and I get guessed younger. When I was younger, I didn't like looking younger, and now I like it.
But men can't get past my age. The numerical age is just a dealbreaker for them.
I don't get it. That is the problem with online dating. If they don't meet you, they just go by a profile and turn you off with the numerical age. They picture an old lady with a grey bun and knitting needles. I guess my pictures don't mean anything. I have men who look like grandpas look at me and move on. Oh, they want a woman in their 20s...like some girl in her twenties wants some guy her dad's age. Right. Unless he has a fat wallet, then he is buying her. Then he gets what he deserves.

So if they pick someone 10 years younger than me with Latigo leather skin and a gold-digger personality, how is that better?

Why is it always about the woman's age? I have seen men younger than me who looked older. So why does a numerical age mean so much?

Why do they rant about golddiggers, witches, superficial women, but then go after that type?

I have been told I am attractive, moderatively attractive, average, and hot, okay, nothing, not okay, okay, whatever. Who knows? I cannot subjectively judge myself. I am very cerebral, so I focus on the whole person. Oh yes, I do think personality counts. I don't want a good looking man who is a jerk, or stupid. I am intelligent and have interests and hobbies, and I want someone who runs deep.

I don't look online anymore. I think that whole profile thing is just silly. Wine-tasting, scuba-diving, etc. Hate it all. I don't fit in with that scene. I am not a social climber or a status seeker.

If men think women are old after 30, what do they think women think they are? So wait until you are 40, 50, and you will find you are not much different.

Sorry for my rant.
Hmm this sounds like an honest conversation. Since I'm over 35 and soon-to-be single (YAYYYY), I'm talking to single women about singleness again. I have no intention of dating, but if I did boy I would have a hard "row to hoe."

The two chickies I spoke to are awesome...as I'm sure you are, but older.. 40s-50s, and have the same complaints. I'm just putting two and two together since I recently entered the land of "over the hillness"

I did online dating once in my twenties...and I got lots of old farts hitting on me. I though they were just perverts! Also, like someone else posted a while ago, I have been beeped at, peeped/stalked, flirted with since I hit puberty by disgusting older men. Somehow, I never understood why they're doing that to a young girl. I thought THOSE were a couple of weirdos too...anomalies...

I also have one guy friend who used to tell me "get married...why aren't you married, yet?" His thing was that women have an expiration date and "age" faster than men. It sounds mean, but he's one of my best friends LOL and a very candid and upfront guy. I used to laugh at him, but it turns out he was somewhat right.

A sizable majority of men really are looking for only young women to marry and date! So if you're a gal looking to get married over a certain age...I suspect it's going to be tougher...a lot tougher.

But I wonder...a man who enjoys younger women (sorry but it seems they all do) is not going to change his behavior just because he is already married, right? His wife is still getting older. Won't he still have this desire to go after younger women?

Sorry happily-married people... I am a bitter divorcee

I guess it sounds a little bad, but my goal is to have a family now. So, instead of spending time, energy and money trying to meet guys...which seems to be a little of a waste since it will be harder to meet a great guy at my age (and race, but that's another story)...I'm going to squander my resources getting ready to adopt children. A little crazy, but I've wanted to do it for several years...just did a bad job trying to find them a daddy. LOL

I'm fairly ok financially, house and family wise etc. I'm sure I'll mix $ e x at some point, LOL but I'm definitely not there yet. And I also enjoy running my life the way I want, although I feel a little guilty about planning to be a single mother.

I think I'll regret it if I'm older and didn't have children.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:41 PM

420 posts, read 434,351 times
I'm 24 and dating a 31 year old, so yes.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:53 PM

791 posts, read 779,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
For you guys over 30, do you prefer women near your age, older or younger?

I used to date some women in their early/mid 30's. With few exceptions, they turned out to be bitter, distrustful of men, and emotionally scarred from previous relationships.

In addition, I find so few women over 32 to be attractive physically. Perhaps 1 in 50 women aged 30-35 are attractive to me compared to 1 in 15 for women 20-28. Without the physical attraction, you can't begin the relationship.

I've not dated anyone over 30 in the last couple of years, and I don't think I will again until I'm in my upper 40s
I prefer women close to my age so that we can relate. Someone ten years younger wouldnt have a clue what a wood stove is or how to use one. Plus the odds are she was raised on MTV and microwave food so she would have no idea how to cook unless it was in a box or can or frozen and ready for a microwave

Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 AM

92 posts, read 56,205 times
Default It's OK....we're not attracted to you either!

So, it all works out

I'm 40 and definitely look better than I did in my 20's (or early 30's, for that matter, but that was an awkward time for me )). Granted, you do have to do the upkeep as the years pass (work out, avoid the sun, eat right) if you want to look great, but I know plenty of women my age that get more attention than the 20-somethings around the college campus I work at....mostly because they know how to really work what they've got and are far more confident in every aspect of their lives. Maybe the women you are meeting are not the ones who are generally happy with their situation and that reflects in many ways...appearance, attitude, etc. I suppose many of us just move on to better things and some of those opportunities just might not be where you are? Or, maybe you are meeting women over 30 that hang out in bars? Where you are meeting them might have a lot to do with what types you are seeing (smokers/heavy drinkers/tanning-booth worshippers who wear far too much makeup, had rough situations and no healthy habits to help them deal, etc.)...

On the flip side: There are few *younger* men that I find attractive. My SO is an exception...he just turned 34 and we met when he was 27. I almost did not give him a second glance because he appeared even younger, but I try not to judge on first meetings and generally give most men who look like they take care of themselves at least a 'coffee date'. Thank goodness....because even though I have had my share of disappointments, this one was genuinely interesting and remains so to this day . He is far more mature, outgoing, original, intelligent and positive than any man I have ever met So, I no longer would say I'd never date someone that is under/over a certain age. OK, maybe I would not date a guy under 20 or over 60, but I'm sure you get where I'm coming from...

I guess it very much depends on the women you are seeing, but almost all the men my SO's age are always asking me to hook them up with my 35-40-year old friends in a town crawling with undergrads. Why would that be?

You claim it is just the "looks", but I have to wonder if you are somehow intimidated by women who know what they want and what they like? I can recall how seriously lost and confused I was about everything in my 20's and can't imagine how anyone could find that sort of 'crazy' attractive unless they simply do not have it together themselves...so the 20-somethings might think your "like, awesome" and the hot 30+-somethings see you as "not-so-much"?

I think it is also a bit strange you have not been able to provide any examples of women you think are good looking, while other posters have provided adequate (and totally HOT, might I add....January Jones and the red head from Mad Men are both equally delicious in my book) support for their opinions. Whom are you trying to convince or change? Are you targeting women my age just to make us feel bad, or to justify your need for immature companionship?

I can understand from a purely biological standpoint desiring women of a younger age for sex...and I doubt that urge subsides much for men even up until (as you noted) Hugh Heffner's 600+ years. However, I have to question your self-described conquests because most men your age that have had that many 20-somethings are ready to move on to more depth, natural communication and mutual support than what most 20-somethings can offer. So, while I "get" not being attracted to a particular person and see that as perfectly acceptable, to say you are not at all attracted to an entire group of women over a certain age is comical....as many have noted.

If you are stuck in this opinion, good luck to you and I wish you happy hunting for as long as you are able to draw them in. But, I think if you really sought out those 30-somethings that have it going on (and most of them are not going to be found at a local 20-something watering hole every Friday night doing lemon drop shots or whatever the drink is nowadays), you'd get a whole different picture. Just My Opinion, of course...

Old 06-15-2011, 01:08 AM

25,623 posts, read 17,183,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
In what part of this country (or world) do you live? In Arizona women seem to have babies by 23, seems like the norm around here.
My daughter didn't even graduate college until she was 23. Very few gals want a baby at that age, life is just getting good! I had my first at 28 and that was in the early 80's. Most of my friends had them in their late 20's to late 30's and it was usually just the unmarried girls who got knocked up who had babies at a young age.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:29 AM

8,524 posts, read 8,335,494 times
I'm 37 and I go "both ways" AS FAR AS AGE is concerned. 18 on up to (fill in the blank).

I met a very nice looking 57y/o.Yes, I said 57. She looks great. Great body. It's amazing what a great diet and exercise will do for you.

"Everything" still looks good on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
For you guys over 30, do you prefer women near your age, older or younger?

I used to date some women in their early/mid 30's. With few exceptions, they turned out to be bitter, distrustful of men, and emotionally scarred from previous relationships.

In addition, I find so few women over 32 to be attractive physically. Perhaps 1 in 50 women aged 30-35 are attractive to me compared to 1 in 15 for women 20-28. Without the physical attraction, you can't begin the relationship.

I've not dated anyone over 30 in the last couple of years, and I don't think I will again until I'm in my upper 40s

Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 AM

7,687 posts, read 9,024,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I am 56, and I get guessed younger. When I was younger, I didn't like looking younger, and now I like it.
But men can't get past my age. The numerical age is just a dealbreaker for them.
I don't get it. That is the problem with online dating. If they don't meet you, they just go by a profile and turn you off with the numerical age. They picture an old lady with a grey bun and knitting needles. I guess my pictures don't mean anything. I have men who look like grandpas look at me and move on. Oh, they want a woman in their 20s...like some girl in her twenties wants some guy her dad's age. Right. Unless he has a fat wallet, then he is buying her. Then he gets what he deserves.

So if they pick someone 10 years younger than me with Latigo leather skin and a gold-digger personality, how is that better?

Why is it always about the woman's age? I have seen men younger than me who looked older. So why does a numerical age mean so much?

Why do they rant about golddiggers, witches, superficial women, but then go after that type?

I have been told I am attractive, moderatively attractive, average, and hot, okay, nothing, not okay, okay, whatever. Who knows? I cannot subjectively judge myself. I am very cerebral, so I focus on the whole person. Oh yes, I do think personality counts. I don't want a good looking man who is a jerk, or stupid. I am intelligent and have interests and hobbies, and I want someone who runs deep.

I don't look online anymore. I think that whole profile thing is just silly. Wine-tasting, scuba-diving, etc. Hate it all. I don't fit in with that scene. I am not a social climber or a status seeker.

If men think women are old after 30, what do they think women think they are? So wait until you are 40, 50, and you will find you are not much different.

Sorry for my rant.
Yeah right there with ya--gave totally up on OL dating b/c no one wants an over 50 yo woman. Had a man get all flirty with me at the coffeeshop one day and he was trying to guess my age and I let him flounder around a bit and then told him and he couldn't get away fast enough. And it really hurts when some guy gets on here going on about how he can't date anyone over 30. Really? Time to get out the old knitting needles and knit the next 40 years away. But then I laugh b/c if he wants to get married he'll have to trade down to a younger model every few years--and that isn't funny b/c many of them do. Saw the movie It's Complicated the other night and it was mainly about this--Meryl Streep's husband had left her for a much younger woman and now wanted her back. Could just be a woman's fantasy though.

I didn't date older men when I was younger, but I had friends who did and what I remember is how contemptuously they spoke of them. I thought it was sad at the time that they would go out with someone they had no respect for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships