U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,127 posts, read 14,848,553 times
Reputation: 15761

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Interesting...and thank you for your comments! You may indeed have some valid points there...

All I really know is that when I dated quite a few older women in the recent past few years (anywhere from say 25 to the oldest which I dated, who was 37), they tended to be "cold", "dismissive", or at best finding me "lacking" for them, to some degree (even to this day though, I still don't know why they didn't like me ). Younger gals 18-24 (at least the ones I happened to interact with anyway) were much more open and more accepting of me...less quick to judge...less critical, and more open... The simple truth is, the younger gals liked me, but the older gals didn't...I dunno why...
Well, judging by some of my male friends the reason they date younger girls is because they're so excited to have a boyfriend that's older and can afford dinner and whatnot that they tend to overlook a lot of things that an older woman may not. Older women (and I'm talking my age, late 20s early 30s) don't deal with BS and will absolutely call you out if youre being a jackass. A lot of guys don't like that and that could be one of the reasons younger girls seem more attractive.

I've dated a few younger men and couldn't STAND them because they had no opinions and basically just went with whatever I wanted. They were so open and not critical at all because they simply didn't know any better, they didn't have life experience to tell me what they really wanted.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 214,814 times
Reputation: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Music to my ears!
They used to say lock up your daughters when my friends and I came around. Now they say like up your mothers and grandmothers.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 PM
 
4,858 posts, read 3,185,906 times
Reputation: 3989
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Ummm, that's because when you are 19 or 21, all you have to think about is getting an A in your Art History class or what dress you are going to wear on Saturday.

At 19 or 21, women are not thinking about their mortgage payment that is due in 3 days or that they have a car insurance bill that is due or that they are trying to keep a scheming co-worker from stealing their promotion at work, etc. So its easy to be "enchanting and endearing" when all you have to think about is looking hot for the pool party on Friday.
Very fascinating...I guess I never really thought of it like that, the way you had mentioned above...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
 
4,858 posts, read 3,185,906 times
Reputation: 3989
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, judging by some of my male friends the reason they date younger girls is because they're so excited to have a boyfriend that's older and can afford dinner and whatnot that they tend to overlook a lot of things that an older woman may not. Older women (and I'm talking my age, late 20s early 30s) don't deal with BS and will absolutely call you out if youre being a jackass. A lot of guys don't like that and that could be one of the reasons younger girls seem more attractive.

I've dated a few younger men and couldn't STAND them because they had no opinions and basically just went with whatever I wanted. They were so open and not critical at all because they simply didn't know any better, they didn't have life experience to tell me what they really wanted.
I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that I have never once ever treated a woman I cared about romantically like a jack*ss...never once. It would make me feel hurt personally, if I actually did that to them...I like being nice and caring and gentle, with women. That doesn't mean I will never disagree with them though -- but if I do disagree with them, I will say it in a nice and a diplomatic way, never in anger...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 214,814 times
Reputation: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, judging by some of my male friends the reason they date younger girls is because they're so excited to have a boyfriend that's older and can afford dinner and whatnot that they tend to overlook a lot of things that an older woman may not. Older women (and I'm talking my age, late 20s early 30s) don't deal with BS and will absolutely call you out if youre being a jackass. A lot of guys don't like that and that could be one of the reasons younger girls seem more attractive.

I've dated a few younger men and couldn't STAND them because they had no opinions and basically just went with whatever I wanted. They were so open and not critical at all because they simply didn't know any better, they didn't have life experience to tell me what they really wanted.
You have to be a little exciting and challenge them, or their minds, if you will. Young guys can be really boring. That is if you can get 'em off their cell texting, or to take that dang Star Wars ear piece outta their ear long enough to talk. I hate those chick pants they wear and their crappy music too. It's embarrassing and all the more reason why they should stay with their Gen Y women.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
 
4,858 posts, read 3,185,906 times
Reputation: 3989
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm glad that you two are hot, older guys...more power to you. But 40 year old men trying to hook-up with 19 and 20 year olds is still just so disgusting. Those types of relationships are so very "unbalanced"...mentally, emotionally, intellectually, sexually and in maturity. Men that crave young flesh will ALWAYS feel the need to trade-up once that nubile glow starts to wane.
Not interested in a hook-up with anyone, ever -- I only want (and have only ever wanted, in fact) a relationship that has the potential to lead to a marriage, and a permanent loving union

If I was romantically-attracted to a 19-24 y/o, I would want nothing less than to marry her. Long-term / serious and exclusive-style courtship leading to a future marriage is ultimately my objective. The whole nine-yards...I want forever and for always, not just "for today"...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
16,266 posts, read 8,656,531 times
Reputation: 16205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Not interested in a hook-up with anyone, ever -- I only want (and have only ever wanted, in fact) a relationship that has the potential to lead to a marriage, and a permanent loving union

If I was romantically-attracted to a 19-24 y/o, I would want nothing less than to marry her. Long-term / serious and exclusive-style courtship leading to a future marriage is ultimately my objective. The whole nine-yards...I want forever and for always, not just "for today"...
But you understand that someday she won't be 19-24 years old - right? I guess that's the thing. Most men that are attracted to very young women are always attracted to very young women. That's why it seems that most people are the most attracted to people in their own age range. I know that when I see young movie stars in their late teens/early 20's - they look like kids to me. I might think they are cute but definitely not in a sexual way.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 09:12 PM
 
4,858 posts, read 3,185,906 times
Reputation: 3989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But you understand that someday she won't be 19-24 years old - right? I guess that's the thing. Most men that are attracted to very young women are always attracted to very young women. That's why it seems that most people are the most attracted to people in their own age range. I know that when I see young movie stars in their late teens/early 20's - they look like kids to me. I might think they are cute but definitely not in a sexual way.
No a problem at all, my friend; no worries -- yes I realize that people will naturally age, as time progresses. That doesn't mean that I will reject her, or love her any less, when she does actually get older. When you truly love and care about someone, you will never abandon them. What I want is everything, and a lifetime together: "to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, till death do us part". Someone to grow old with, together. If I married say a 19-24 y/o, nothing will ever to change that will ever make me love her any less, when she turns say 50. Or 60. Or older. For me and my own personal / ethical beliefs, there are only 2 reasons where I would ever consider a divorce: (1) adultery, or (2) abuse. Age is never a legitimate reason to ever divorce a beloved and treasured wife, in MHO.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
16,266 posts, read 8,656,531 times
Reputation: 16205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
No a problem at all, my friend; no worries -- yes I realize that people will naturally age, as time progresses. That doesn't mean that I will reject her, or love her any less, when she does actually get older. When you truly love and care about someone, you will never abandon them. What I want is everything, and a lifetime together: "to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, till death do us part". Someone to grow old with, together. If I married say a 19-24 y/o, nothing will ever to change that will ever make me love her any less, when she turns say 50. Or 60. Or older. For me and my own personal / ethical beliefs, there are only 2 reasons where I would ever consider a divorce: (1) adultery, or (2) abuse. Age is never a legitimate reason to ever divorce a beloved and treasured wife, in MHO.
But I guess this is what I find so confusing - you say that you will love your wife forever - but then you also say that women aged 19-24 are nicer, sweeter, kinder, gentler, etc. than women who are older. My point is that if you don't like older women now - if you think they are mean - then why would you like your wife when she is older since she would obviously become mean as well? If women are only nice and attractive between the ages of 19-24 - then how would you still be attracted to someone who is older than that?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 PM
 
395 posts, read 332,892 times
Reputation: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
For you guys over 30, do you prefer women near your age, older or younger?

I used to date some women in their early/mid 30's. With few exceptions, they turned out to be bitter, distrustful of men, and emotionally scarred from previous relationships.

In addition, I find so few women over 32 to be attractive physically. Perhaps 1 in 50 women aged 30-35 are attractive to me compared to 1 in 15 for women 20-28. Without the physical attraction, you can't begin the relationship.

I've not dated anyone over 30 in the last couple of years, and I don't think I will again until I'm in my upper 40s
Age is only part of the equation. It's really about the person and how they carry themselves. Anyone who's older can have more baggage, but can also have more insight, wisdom, class, etc..... Time and age is a knife that cuts both ways.

I don't want to be too frank on this forum, b/c it's heavily regulated by the mod. I've been warned to be 'nicer'....etc....
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top