Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 AM

35 posts, read 184,875 times

Advertisements

What's a woman's honest opinion about baldness? I know alot of factors go into making a man attractive, etc, but how big of a detriment is a bald head?

I am getting to that age where it may come for me. The men on my mom's side all have full heads of hair, and the ones on my dad's side have varying degrees of baldness. My older brother seems to be starting to lose his (although he is 33 already). For now, I seem to be holding on just fine. But, who knows what genetics have in store for me around the corner...

I suppose you can always shave your head, but not everyone looks good this way. If you don't, and you're losing it, it seems that you're pretty much screwed...

Anyway, just a random thought, and I was wondering if some of the females on here could comment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 03:07 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
I see it like this:

1. If you have a face like a gargoyle, it doesn't matter how much hair you have on top of your gargoyle noggin.

2. If women think Jean-Luc Picard is sexy, then one's hairline must not have much to do with one's attractiveness.

God's honest truth, I wish I were going bald faster than I already am. Whatever I do to style my hair today won't work 6 months from now, and it's back to the drawing board. I'm ready to be done with pretending like I have hair, and skip right to the cueball phase.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:11 PM

820 posts, read 2,867,895 times
I think some men are actually more attractive bald or balding. I've seen very few that are less attractive because of balding heads... I'll put it that way. Many more things more important IMO.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Well put, Bluegrass. Many men are more attractive and none are less attractive because of baldness or receding hairlines.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:56 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
I thought it was the Mom's side that determined baldness.

Anyway, I'm not big on bald but then again, there are those that are pretty good looking: Ed Harris, Bruce Willis. I am married and my husband has a full head. If he goes bald, I will love him still but if I were dating, a bald guy wouldn't attract my attention. I wouldn't be totaly closed to the idea though if he had a good personality, is funny etc.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:18 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I'm balding. But I can't see up there from where I stand...so I never even think about it. And I will not try any of those hair restoration gimmicks. Unless someone knows of one that works!

Old 08-05-2007, 08:13 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
IMO, if you are balding, shave your head. What matters more is what's on the inside but most people don't give the inside a chance unless they are at least somewhat attracted to the outside first. It's worse if you are losing hair and try to cover it up, just get rid of it, be confident and go on. Confidence is really what's important and makes a person more attractive.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:26 AM

292 posts, read 993,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
IMO, if you are balding, shave your head.
Except I have a rather scarred up and lumpy head from an interesting childhood. Currently, although balding, my hairline covers these scars up. So... I won't shaving my head anytime soon.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:46 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,370,597 times
I've said it before and I am happy saying it again - it's what's inside that counts.

If the balding really freeks you out, then examine the alternatives. And make sure your look natural at the end.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:08 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorst View Post
Except I have a rather scarred up and lumpy head from an interesting childhood. Currently, although balding, my hairline covers these scars up. So... I won't shaving my head anytime soon.
Sorry to hear that and it really doesn't matter, just look like what ever makes you comfortable. When I said that I was answering the orginal posters question and he asked for womens opinions. I've dated long hair, short hair, and bald, so I don't discriminate on the hair issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships