Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 05:00 PM

356 posts, read 829,967 times

Advertisements

Hey City data people -- I've been with my boyfriend for about 5 months now and he is out of town visiting familiy until monday afternoon where I'll be picking him up from the rent-a-car place. I'd love to do something special to surprise him & I guess I need a mans input as to what they'd want? We do not live together but live in the same apt complex, I do have a key to his place so that may help in the surprise somehow...

Any ideas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 05:26 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb18 View Post
Hey City data people -- I've been with my boyfriend for about 5 months now and he is out of town visiting familiy until monday afternoon where I'll be picking him up from the rent-a-car place. I'd love to do something special to surprise him & I guess I need a mans input as to what they'd want? We do not live together but live in the same apt complex, I do have a key to his place so that may help in the surprise somehow...

Any ideas??
Food and sex!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:32 PM

lol, well that thought did cross my mind but he's going to be really tired afterwards and I'd rather give him that on tuesday -- I was just thinking something cute for him to come home to. (lame ideas are not limited to the same ol' same ol')

Old 05-14-2011, 08:02 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
My wife once surprised me with a nice corkscrew set that she picked up at costco. I had been soldiering away with my ancient foldout corkscrew for a long time and had meant to get something better but never did. It was something inexpensive that I wanted and related to something I enjoy, wine. If you think about it there is probably something similar that your boyfriend wants, kinda needs, isn't expensive, and relates to something that he has an interest in or enjoys. Figuring that out is step one.

Step two is arranging a way for him to find it in the course of his normal activities after he gets home. My wife and I used to drink a glass of wine or a cup of tea after dinner and she set up giving the corkscrew set to me by asking if I wanted a glass of wine while I was in the kitchen. I thought that sounded nice and went to our wine cellar (aka pantry where the wine resided right next to the dog food lol) and the cork screw set was in front of the wine. Its nice when you are not expecting anything and some small thing comes out of nowhere and says I love, I'm thinking about you.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,553 times
If hes going to be tired why not a nice bath with candles and massage? thats pretty easy to set up.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
My wife once surprised me with a nice corkscrew set that she picked up at costco. I had been soldiering away with my ancient foldout corkscrew for a long time and had meant to get something better but never did. It was something inexpensive that I wanted and related to something I enjoy, wine. If you think about it there is probably something similar that your boyfriend wants, kinda needs, isn't expensive, and relates to something that he has an interest in or enjoys. Figuring that out is step one.

Step two is arranging a way for him to find it in the course of his normal activities after he gets home. My wife and I used to drink a glass of wine or a cup of tea after dinner and she set up giving the corkscrew set to me by asking if I wanted a glass of wine while I was in the kitchen. I thought that sounded nice and went to our wine cellar (aka pantry where the wine resided right next to the dog food lol) and the cork screw set was in front of the wine. Its nice when you are not expecting anything and some small thing comes out of nowhere and says I love, I'm thinking about you.
Something like this is exactly along the lines of what I want to do for him. Does anyone else have similiar stories to tell of something thier significant other did for them?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:31 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Depending on the relationship and his comfort with you being in his apartment, I would surprise him with his favorite meal, a clean & aired out house, a set of fresh sheets and towels and a kitchen that is stocked with the basics. Most people returning from a long weekend come back home hungry and too tired to prepare for a new work week.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
A nice looking, 'made-up' bed with 10 pillows.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
What's with this thread...? They're not gays, are they?! No man cares about any of that.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:26 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What's with this thread...? They're not gays, are they?! No man cares about any of that.
Really?

I know my husband loves when I've done something thoughtful for him, when I've anticipated how he'll feel after a long day at work or a business trip away from home or when I make his arrival home comforting, welcoming and stress-free.

Maybe that's just my guy, but knowing he appreciates it makes me want to pamper him even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships