U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Men, Do You Get Rejected By Most Women You Ask Out ?
YES 64 57.14%
NO 48 42.86%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:33 AM

4,554 posts, read 3,917,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
some of us are busy LIVING life and don't really have the time to play the numbers game bull*****. Frankly I spend too much time on other things that to go around town asking every woman I am attracted to out and then be rejected...that is a pretty sad life. Just focus your efforts on other things that interest you besides women, if a woman likes you then SHE will give you a clear signal and you can proceed from that point in wooing her... no point going around asking random women out as that has virtually zero percent success. If a woman does not give you a CLEAR "I am now waiting to give you my # so please ask me" signal then you're wasting your time!

I don't really have a problem with the women who rejected me in the past, as my life has turned out absolutely amazing and they still have pretty sad lives so it's their loss not mine!

Some of us LIKE talking to women!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 AM

399 posts, read 342,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Do you know what type of return 'cold calls' and 'Flyer distribution' gets?

Something like 2%!!!!

THAT's the type of odds I EXPECT.

But you know what?

less than 24 hours after my GF dumped me to go back to her EX, I had a date (Arranged), and last night (2 evenings after) I went on the date, with a longlegged, good looking blond.
Sorry, but your success rate cannot be anywhere near 2%. Are you saying that you asked out around 50 women in 2 days? That's the average to get 1 yes at 2% chance.

Not only that, but also with a quite good looking woman apparently!

Listen: many people make the mistake of thinking that, just because they have been able to do something, others will be able too. This sounds well and it's what we tell kids but reality, I'm afraid, doesn't work like that.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:59 AM

2,739 posts, read 3,388,520 times
I highly suggest learning how to Salsa dance. I use to be a wallflower at dance clubs but not I'm confident enough ask a pretty girl to dance. Dance a few songs, talk a bit during the dance, see if she's cool. If she is, keep talking after dancing is over and get a keep drinks. It is WAY better than going to a bar and using a crappy pick up line. Or a regular club where people just hump each other. It'll greatly improve your confidence. If the chick says she doesn't want to dance, just think she probably doesn't know how to dance. Can't get butthurt about such things, girls hate low confidence.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Sorry, but your success rate cannot be anywhere near 2%. Are you saying that you asked out around 50 women in 2 days? That's the average to get 1 yes at 2% chance.

Not only that, but also with a quite good looking woman apparently!

Listen: many people make the mistake of thinking that, just because they have been able to do something, others will be able too. This sounds well and it's what we tell kids but reality, I'm afraid, doesn't work like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname
THAT's the type of odds I EXPECT.
Note the differences?

Here we have someone getting disappointed because 2 women turned him down.

Mindset is key.

And yes, it really DOES work like that.

Anyone can tone, and exercise, anyone can dress neately, anyone can improve their social skills.

Look, I wore 'Free T-Shirts' and cut my own hair for 8 years when I was on Active duty.

I did all right, but I attribute that to the 'Marine' thing and the fact I was RIPPED!

Being disabled, I'm not in bad shape, but I don't admire my OWN calf muscles anymore.
And I've got slightly longer hair I pay to have others cut.
I also dress (slightly) better etc.

It's made a HUGE difference.

Am I Brad Pitt, and saying anyone can be?
No.

Can anyone with a few simple steps improve their odds?
Yes

-But most importantly as I said, it's making them laugh...

Old 05-15-2011, 11:47 AM

16,049 posts, read 7,934,466 times
Sure I do.

If most of the women I've approached said yes I'd be writing a book.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:49 AM

4,445 posts, read 4,061,321 times
Quote:
Note the differences?

Here we have someone getting disappointed because 2 women turned him down.

Mindset is key.

And yes, it really DOES work like that.

Anyone can tone, and exercise, anyone can dress neately, anyone can improve their social skills.

Look, I wore 'Free T-Shirts' and cut my own hair for 8 years when I was on Active duty.

I did all right, but I attribute that to the 'Marine' thing and the fact I was RIPPED!

Being disabled, I'm not in bad shape, but I don't admire my OWN calf muscles anymore.
And I've got slightly longer hair I pay to have others cut.
I also dress (slightly) better etc.

It's made a HUGE difference.

Am I Brad Pitt, and saying anyone can be?
No.

Can anyone with a few simple steps improve their odds?
Yes

-But most importantly as I said, it's making them laugh...
haha, most military men know how to approach women, it comes with the mentality you guys have (now relationships...hmm..that's another story ). Good luck teaching the civilians how to do it.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
haha, most military men know how to approach women, it comes with the mentality you guys have (now relationships...hmm..that's another story ). Good luck teaching the civilians how to do it.

Come to think of it... why would I want to do that!
It would make MY odds worse!

Carry on.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:56 AM

4,911 posts, read 2,019,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I used to know a guy who 'scored' (his word, not mine) every night. He had a simple plan. He lived at the Beach. He would just walk on the beach and ask women if they wanted to ___. Usually they said no, sometimes he got slapped, but sooner or later-he would score.

I told him he was full of ___, and he did it, right in front of me, just to prove he was right.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I used to know a guy who 'scored' (his word, not mine) every night. He had a simple plan. He lived at the Beach. He would just walk on the beach and ask women if they wanted to ___. Usually they said no, sometimes he got slapped, but sooner or later-he would score.

I told him he was full of ___, and he did it, right in front of me, just to prove he was right.
lol, well its true, someone's gonna say yes!

Old 05-15-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Come to think of it... why would I want to do that!
It would make MY odds worse!

Carry on.

haha!! they need help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships