U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Men, Do You Get Rejected By Most Women You Ask Out ?
YES 64 57.14%
NO 48 42.86%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 04:14 PM

946 posts, read 1,353,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
No.

I love women, and women love me. Sometimes a little too much. I try to accommodate as many as possible, but I can't please them all. Take tonight, for example. I talked to a ****load of women, but only had enough time to make out with one of the bartendresses.
Lol, isn't that generous of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 04:17 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Themanwithnoname, I get what you are saying and it's good advice. You might think I am just being negative and I am not willing to put the effort to approach women or to improve myself. Let me show you where I come from:

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/mugencarra/Cambio-900.jpg (broken link)

Left pictures are 3 years ago, right 1 year ago. As you can see I improved myself in many ways: lost weight, gained confidence, made new friends, dressed better, learned to dance salsa, etc.
That's true! I like the pictures on the right way better! I'm not a big fan of facial hair, but it looks good on you (particularly the top and bottom pic in the right column)! Makes you look dark, charming, and mysterious!

Old 05-15-2011, 04:49 PM

13,203 posts, read 10,851,060 times
For you guys who are getting rejected, are you just walking up to strange women and asking them out cold, or are these women that you've flirted around and developed a rapport with?

Old 05-15-2011, 05:46 PM

725 posts, read 869,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
For you guys who are getting rejected, are you just walking up to strange women and asking them out cold...
Is that what they call second base? After I whip it out, there usually isn't enough time for me to get any introductory words in

Last edited by HansProof; 05-15-2011 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-15-2011, 05:54 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,029,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Lol, isn't that generous of you?
I'm a very giving person.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:28 PM

725 posts, read 869,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
A month later she called me a clueless "raincoat", and that's when it dawned on me that I was expected to do something that night
Hahaha! Could be the opposite.

I was about all of 21 and making out with this woman at the dance club all night. We shut down the bar and she asked me to follow her back to her place. Said she never met a man like me before.

So we get to her place and she is basically IV'ing the wine into me. We weren't making out but we were kissing here and there between conversation. Then we (actually her) get on the conversation of how comfortable her new bed is.

Then she asks me to try it!

Then she asks me to get on it!

Then she gets on it with me!

Then I go for her shirt!

Then she says, "What are you doing? I just wanted to talk"

Ummm...do you want to talk about sex?

"I think you should leave now."

But I've learned it is life experiences and stories like this that make people magnetically interesting. Find the good. Usually the best kill stories, make the best humorous conversations years later.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:30 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansproof View Post
then she says, "what are you doing? I just wanted to talk"
wtf?!

Old 05-15-2011, 09:30 PM

19,022 posts, read 14,474,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Hahaha! Could be the opposite.

I was about all of 21 and making out with this woman at the dance club all night. We shut down the bar and she asked me to follow her back to her place. Said she never met a man like me before.

So we get to her place and she is basically IV'ing the wine into me. We weren't making out but we were kissing here and there between conversation. Then we (actually her) get on the conversation of how comfortable her new bed is.

Then she asks me to try it!

Then she asks me to get on it!

Then she gets on it with me!

Then I go for her shirt!

Then she says, "What are you doing? I just wanted to talk"

Ummm...do you want to talk about sex?

"I think you should leave now."

But I've learned it is life experiences and stories like this that make people magnetically interesting. Find the good. Usually the best kill stories, make the best humorous conversations years later.
Dude, wow, that was fricking awesome Geez.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 AM

861 posts, read 1,200,678 times
Dating is a numbers game. I read in several places that "attractive" guys get 1 in 10. Average guys 1 in 20.

I feel pretty good as my record when dating several years ago was around 1 in 15 an I consider myself average..

Old 05-16-2011, 10:24 AM

7,483 posts, read 8,492,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna01374 View Post
Dating is a numbers game. I read in several places that "attractive" guys get 1 in 10. Average guys 1 in 20.
Treating it like a numbers game makes sense if you think you have equal chance with everyone you meet. But you don't. That's why it makes more sense to figure out who you have a reasonably good chance with and who you don't. Then you're not wasting your time on people where there's very little chance of success. I think some guys just hit on every woman they see thinking that, sooner or later, someone will say yes to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships