Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, Do You Get Rejected By Most Women You Ask Out ?
YES 69 58.47%
NO 49 41.53%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times

Advertisements

To ignore nonverbal communication is he height of ignorance (in ANY setting)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 01:49 PM

400 posts, read 849,471 times
Your Looks and Your Inbox « OkTrends

Women rate 80% of men as worse looking than medium. In other words, for every 10 men your average woman meets she thinks 8 of them are hideous trolls. Once you have accepted you are a hideous troll to the majority of women you realize you have to just keep plugging away until you find a woman that places you in the 20% some how. It's like in Band of Brothers where Spiers explains his apparent bravery in combat: The reason you are afraid is that you think you still might live. Only once you've accepted yourself as already dead can your do what needs to be done.

You will be rejected more often then not.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:43 PM

859 posts, read 2,827,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Treating it like a numbers game makes sense if you think you have equal chance with everyone you meet. But you don't. That's why it makes more sense to figure out who you have a reasonably good chance with and who you don't. Then you're not wasting your time on people where there's very little chance of success. I think some guys just hit on every woman they see thinking that, sooner or later, someone will say yes to them.

Agreed.. You do have to play within your league. If you're a 2 and hitting on a 10 your odds will be a lot worse. If you're lucky enough to be a 9 or 10 and don't mind going home with a 4 or 5 then your odds will be better.

Play within your league and you'll do better.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:14 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna01374 View Post
Agreed.. You do have to play within your league. If you're a 2 and hitting on a 10 your odds will be a lot worse. If you're lucky enough to be a 9 or 10 and don't mind going home with a 4 or 5 then your odds will be better.

How do you know what your league is? Unless youre talking 9's and 10's it can be subjective to allot of people

You make it seem so simple as if people walk around with a sign that says im a 5 on their head..

Old 05-18-2011, 03:24 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna01374 View Post

That's bull****.
Women always want Mr perfect, even those I wouldn't touch with a stick when I'm desperate.

Especially women at 0-4 on the 10 scale will go overboard and settle for no less than the rich guy with the body of a greek god and face of a moviestar, preferably at least a duke or a count, etc.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,501 times
Anyone who isn't getting rejected the majority of the time is dating under his league.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:36 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
A job I do from time to time (only a few times a year)....in one day I will interact with 100-150 women. Usually there is only one or two out of that many which would be a potential date. Of the one or two, you can feel the sexual chemistry in the air when talking and sometimes flirting with them, its a beautiful thing.

Why am I saying this? For one main reason, to me bars, clubs and the like where people generally meet, to me the guard is often up. Trust is an issue, so is danger. Its no surprise men get their share of rejections.
In the job I was refering to, its a semi position of power and an untrustworthy person wouldn't be able to do it. So when the women approach me the trust and danger issues are pretty much destroyed right from the get go.
Rape counsellor?

Old 05-18-2011, 06:39 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
To ignore nonverbal communication is he height of ignorance (in ANY setting)
Oh shoot, I am really bad at reading people's nonverbal communication. Am I screwed?

Old 05-18-2011, 06:41 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jimerino View Post
Your Looks and Your Inbox « OkTrends

Women rate 80% of men as worse looking than medium. In other words, for every 10 men your average woman meets she thinks 8 of them are hideous trolls. Once you have accepted you are a hideous troll to the majority of women you realize you have to just keep plugging away until you find a woman that places you in the 20% some how. It's like in Band of Brothers where Spiers explains his apparent bravery in combat: The reason you are afraid is that you think you still might live. Only once you've accepted yourself as already dead can your do what needs to be done.

You will be rejected more often then not.
See this is the bad thing about women. They view most guys as gross unless he is tall, dark, handsome. Me, and most guys I know. The number of women we would do out of ten is roughly 8 or 9. So that makes men more accepting or just hornballs?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
See this is the bad thing about women. They view most guys as gross unless he is tall, dark, handsome. Me, and most guys I know. The number of women we would do out of ten is roughly 8 or 9. So that makes men more accepting or just hornballs?
Yes!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships