Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:23 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,564 times

Advertisements

If you're getting to the point where you feel entitled to the sounds a man makes in his sleep, then it's probably time to stop sleeping at his house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 02:24 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two sheds View Post
I hardly think a week without sex qualifies for being unfaithful...really

I know it's natural for people to dream about others, my point is that I am hearing it every night we sleep in the same bed. We do not live together, it is when I stay over. It is the hearing about it that is upsetting me and the worry that he is going to call out someone's name.
If the noises he makes INVOLUNTARILY while he sleeps bother you, either don't sleep over his house or sleep in separate rooms.

Is this really so complicated?

Old 05-16-2011, 02:36 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
If you're getting to the point where you feel entitled to the sounds a man makes in his sleep, then it's probably time to stop sleeping at his house.
This. If you're already irritated by involuntary behavior so early in the relationship, how are you going to handle big, voluntary things down the line? You've said in other threads that you're not sure about this guy, so stop moving so fast. Maybe your body is reacting like that because you need some space.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
I hardly think a week without sex qualifies for being unfaithful...really

I know it's natural for people to dream about others, my point is that I am hearing it every night we sleep in the same bed. We do not live together, it is when I stay over. It is the hearing about it that is upsetting me and the worry that he is going to call out someone's name.
Seriously now, the solution is so simple I can't believe you don't see it...

QUIT HAVING SLEEPOVERS WITH THIS MAN until you have developed a more committed relationship.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:47 PM

15 posts, read 26,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Seriously now, the solution is so simple I can't believe you don't see it...

QUIT HAVING SLEEPOVERS WITH THIS MAN until you have developed a more committed relationship.

I don't understand, I don't see it. So I stop sleeping over because this is bothering me and then what..... won't it happen again if I stay over in future? Or is it not supposed to bother me then. I don't get it, would you mind elaborating pls.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:51 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,793 times
mast with him....if that doesnt improve things...then call me in to pinch hit

Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
I don't understand, I don't see it. So I stop sleeping over because this is bothering me and then what..... won't it happen again if I stay over in future? Or is it not supposed to bother me then. I don't get it, would you mind elaborating pls.
Instead of being so stressed out about him potentially calling out another women's name, how about you work on being the only name he wants to call out in his sleep.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:00 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
You don't wanna know some of the stuff I've said in my sleep........

I feel sorry for mrs. Chow sometimes.....

Old 05-16-2011, 03:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

Sadly, you really don't get it

Okay, let me try to break it down for you...

the two of you have been dating for all of 5 minutes, obviously too soon to be "in love".

IF you were to take the time to let the relationship grow, fall in love, develop a deep friendship and trust for one another the odds of him calling out other womens names in his sleep would drop to nil. Not saying it could never happen, just that once his brain is focused on YOU because he loves YOU, the chances dramatically decrease.

You are having "sleepovers" too soon plain and simple. It's a stupid choice too many young woman often make.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
OP, just be glad he's not doing untoward things to the mattress...

Seriously, listen to the other posters' advice. Sadly, there's not much more to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships