Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:58 PM

924 posts, read 2,229,963 times

Advertisements

I have a colleague who's from Eastern Europe, has a typical firecracker personality (emotional), but also has several nice features like a nice body and when she's happy, she's really friendly.
Besides saying hi and bye each time she goes by my desk (not all women in my office do that...), she comes up to me asking me questions even though I'm not her supervisor, so she trusts my judgement in that respect.
One day when she was about to take off for vacation, she was super cheery and stood in front of my desk while I was seated, looking really happy, with a fun voice...the energy of a teenage girl essentially, except she's in her 20s.
I was debating with myself whether to stand up, hug her and give her a kiss on the cheek wishing her a safe trip.

Since she returned, she's been touching me now and then...just today I was have a snack in the breakroom alone when she walked behind me and put her hand on my shoulder, then when I looked up, she smiled coyly. Hmmmm I wonder if she's playing with me or this is actually a sign she'd like me to step it up and approach her more often. I work in an office with a 2:1 female:male ratio and I'm usually strictly business with the women there. Except for the fact she smokes (which I can't stand and am moving away from), she's kind of cute. I like how she's pretty flirty. There is of course a possibility she's just being friendly and I'm reading too much into it.

What would you do in my shoes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 07:02 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Except for the fact she smokes (which I can't stand and am moving away from),
/quote]

Theres your answer.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:06 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Yeah move on....... b/c 1) you work with her and 2) there are other compatibility issues

Old 05-17-2011, 08:37 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Seems to me this could easily be elevated to the next level....but why bother, like virgode pointed out, she's a smoker....and you're not.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
I have a colleague who's from Eastern Europe, has a typical firecracker personality (emotional), but also has several nice features like a nice body and when she's happy, she's really friendly.
Besides saying hi and bye each time she goes by my desk (not all women in my office do that...), she comes up to me asking me questions even though I'm not her supervisor, so she trusts my judgement in that respect.
One day when she was about to take off for vacation, she was super cheery and stood in front of my desk while I was seated, looking really happy, with a fun voice...the energy of a teenage girl essentially, except she's in her 20s.
I was debating with myself whether to stand up, hug her and give her a kiss on the cheek wishing her a safe trip.

Since she returned, she's been touching me now and then...just today I was have a snack in the breakroom alone when she walked behind me and put her hand on my shoulder, then when I looked up, she smiled coyly. Hmmmm I wonder if she's playing with me or this is actually a sign she'd like me to step it up and approach her more often. I work in an office with a 2:1 female:male ratio and I'm usually strictly business with the women there. Except for the fact she smokes (which I can't stand and am moving away from), she's kind of cute. I like how she's pretty flirty. There is of course a possibility she's just being friendly and I'm reading too much into it.

What would you do in my shoes?
Lol, a couple of things.

1) In Europe, kissing on the the cheek and hugging is generally the norm with friends, and even acquaintances. However, I don't find it to be acceptable office behavior.

2) She's definitely flirting with you. Be honest, do you think she's out of your league?

3) Following question number 2, if you're an attractive male, then she's definitely giving you signs she's interested. For girls, the biggest indicator is touch.

4) Also following question number 2, if you're not a very attractive male, and you think she's out of your league, then she's either playing with you, or you've been put into the friend zone.

5) If you want her, you have to change the game. I completely side with you, because at work, I don't flirt or socialize with the ladies. But if you do want this girl, you're gonna have to.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:05 AM

924 posts, read 2,229,963 times
Hey BKSnook, I like the way you analyzed the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Lol, a couple of things.
1) In Europe, kissing on the the cheek and hugging is generally the norm with friends, and even acquaintances.
That's true. 2-3 kisses on the cheeks is perfectly normal. However I tend not to be so forward with women at work keeping my distance to simple greetings. I haven't yet kissed or hugged them but I suppose that could change.

Quote:
2) She's definitely flirting with you. Be honest, do you think she's out of your league?
Yes and I don't think she's really available. She dresses stylishly and has a bangin' bod, probably keeps trim from smoking. She's wearing a ring, I forget which finger. I could ask her am indirect question about relationships to find out whether she has a boyfriend, but it's like I'm really itching to confirm.

Quote:
4) Also following question number 2, if you're not a very attractive male, and you think she's out of your league, then she's either playing with you, or you've been put into the friend zone.
My guess is she's playing with me. No other woman in the office acts like her though. I must admit, the hand on the shoulder with the coy smile / giggle threw me off.

Quote:
5) If you want her, you have to change the game. But if you do want this girl, you're gonna have to.
Hmmm, well maybe I can just be friendlier and visit her desk more often, ask platonic questions like her opinion on various topics. However I must admit, I'm rather taken by the color of her eyes...

Quote:
I completely side with you, because at work, I don't flirt or socialize with the ladies.
Usually I'm strictly business, however it's possible that I'm too uptight. If anything, maybe I could ask the huggable girl to go clothes shopping with me. She dresses stylishly and I could use a make over...so I could use her in that sense or at least try. Because as others said above, smoking is deal breaker for anything beyond that.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:10 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
My guess is she's playing with me. No other woman in the office acts like her though.
That's likely just cultural difference. Some nationalities are naturally more flirtatious than others. It may very well simply be her normal behavior.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker

I have a feeling she wants a hug.

I have a feeling you probably want it more

Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 PM

15 posts, read 32,784 times
Maybe one day she'll give up smoking, for you and only you. Maybe.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:38 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Using your office as a dating pool is generally considered unprofessional at best, stupid at worst. Don't poop where you eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships