Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:39 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Know what you mean. I opened a thread that was hermaphrodites only . I got a bunch of trans-genders and cross dressers.

I was just curious.
You should see the disasters when you're quad-curious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 02:41 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna01374 View Post
I think most of the replies your gotten so far are from women.

Being a guy I'm going to tell you that marriage isn't even a consideration for anyone of us that has our head screwed on straight at 5 months. I think your guy was simply being honest with you and not trying to blow smoke up your butt. A lot of guys would have simply told you what you wanted to hear. I would give the guy huge credit for being honest when he could have lied to you and you would have ate it up.

If a guy is looking to get married at 5 months he's either desperate, insecure or just plain nuts. Let the relationship mature a year or so and see where it goes. You hardly know each other at this point. .
A lot of posters on here have said as males they knew they wanted to marry the one they did early on in the relationship. Most of them seem very normal. This was in other posts. Maybe some guys just know what they want early on.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:35 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
You should see the disasters when you're quad-curious!
I hit my limit with these blond sextuplets. I am only twice and a half the man Hugh Hefner is after all. I fell asleep on her six.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:50 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Know what you mean. I opened a thread that was hermaphrodites only . I got a bunch of trans-genders and cross dressers.

I was just curious.
Last time I looked I am a guy.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
"I'm not trying to make you marry me, I just need to know if you are going to marry me someday".
What if she asked whether you plan to get married at all (as in ever, not to her in particular)?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 PM

366 posts, read 774,976 times
Default Give the relationship a chance to develop, for Pete's sake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrizzle84 View Post
I have been dating someone for almost 5 months now and he says that for right now all he sees is dating in our future. I asked him if that means he's just killing time or if that meant it was just too soon to say that yeah he sees something there. He says that because he doesnt see it now doesn't mean hes not open to it later. He cares about me and doesn't want to break up but I'm starting to feel like it may go nowhere. When asked why he wanted to try dating me he said his thoughts were "why not, let's see what happens"

So am I overthinking things, is saying we're not at the place where we'd change our lives for each other a bad thing?
Let me get this straight: you've been dating this "someone for almost five months," and you're perturbed that "all he sees is dating in your future"? Well, you've only been "dating" him for 180 days or so, and it sounds like he's taking the right approach in your relationship while you're ready to have a future with someone you really don't know that well. Give your relationship a chance to develop and grow, that's what dating is all about. Furthermore, placing time quantifiers on your relationship at this stage of the game is silly. Try to learn to enjoy each others company and not over think things. Good luck.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:34 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What if she asked whether you plan to get married at all (as in ever, not to her in particular)?
That's a fair question, I already know that I will get married again someday

Old 05-19-2011, 04:53 PM

31,047 posts, read 22,077,427 times
All I ever do is date, so I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Too many people think marriage is some sort of absolute in the life and some people make others so miserble they should never Marry.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:19 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Have fun with him while you look for someone else who will give you what you want. That's most likely what he's doing as well.
Right- he must be cheating because he says he can't predict the future (huh?).
5 months is too soon to be talking marriage, though he should be open to the possibility. Give it another 5 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships