Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:31 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
For whatever reason I just don't care about politicians personal lives as long as they don't abuse animals.
Ummmmm.....what if they abuse their children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,237,972 times
If I were Maria, I'd slammed the door in his face and said "You Won't be back!!"

I know... lame.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:48 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
I think it's far, far better to deal with the pain early on.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:47 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, for those who don't know, Clint Eastwood has at least 3 illegitimate children while he was married. Why these guys aren't held to a higher standard is beyond me. Tiger and Jesse James were crusified while this guy that was knocking up woman everywhere is ignored! I'm pretty open minded, but when it comes to kids, I am way conservative!
But it's not like Clint had over 100 sexual affairs did he? (that we know of)

Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
But it's not like Clint had over 100 sexual affairs did he? (that we know of)
He probably did, though. You ever see him back in the 70s? I am pretty he slept with whatever came his way.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:04 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Default Fathering a secret love child

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Although it's admittedly great fun to poke sticks at celebs and politicians when they're caught in situations like this, it's a good thing to remember that "never" is a very, very long time. We don't know the situation as Arny knew it; we don't know what drove him to do what he did.

We don't know how we'll respond to a certain stimulus until it happens, and even then our responses may differ from one occurrence to the next.

Bro, you have my utmost respect for wanting to honor your vows - don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that even Christ was tempted...and that we lower beings derive great pleasure from laughing at those who failed the test, possibly only to hide our discomfort at the realization that we may be next.
Phil,
I know never is a long time, but I would leave a relationship before I would cheat, and that is all there is to it. Don't think I haven't been tempted when I had six different women working for me. A couple of them almost rubbed it in my face, but I was always able to laugh it off and walk away, that is much easier the do the second and third time you do it..

Old 05-18-2011, 10:08 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
I read a study that found, in this country, roughly 8-10% of all children have no actual genetic link with the purported genetic father. This doesn't include adoptions, sperm donation, or other assisted reproduction. That means that at least one father in twelve is unknowingly raising a child who doesn't belong to him.

So I guess it cuts both ways. And, given the proclivities of the Kennedys, I'm sure it's nothing that Maria Shriver had not seen before.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, for those who don't know, Clint Eastwood has at least 3 illegitimate children while he was married. Why these guys aren't held to a higher standard is beyond me. Tiger and Jesse James were crusified while this guy that was knocking up woman everywhere is ignored! I'm pretty open minded, but when it comes to kids, I am way conservative!
Well its pretty obvious why. With the internet, shows like TMZ and Access Hollywood around and 24 hour cable channels like E! that are devoted around celebrity gossip, its a lot harder for them to keep their private lives private.

The fact that there's hold industry devoted on digging up dirt on these people tells all you need to know.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:50 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
I'm just amazed that Arnold was able to keep this a secret for so long. You'd think that his political opponents would've uncovered this a long time ago. And just imagine if Arnold had been eligible to run for President. Boy that would've been something to see this come out in the middle of an election year.

In general, I think it's best to come clean about infidelity, especially if you had a child with the person. Sooner or later, someone's going to find out what you did and the longer you keep it a secret, the worse off you'll be when the truth finally does come out.

I bet Eliot Spitzer is laughing right about now. "Hey Arnold, at least I slept with a girl who was hot. You slept with the housekeeper and even got her pregnant. Nice going."

Old 05-18-2011, 11:26 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I bet Eliot Spitzer is laughing right about now. "Hey Arnold, at least I slept with a girl who was hot. You slept with the housekeeper and even got her pregnant. Nice going."
Sleeping with a housekeeper is actually quite convenient and raises less suspicion. Besides, who said she can't be hot?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships