Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 02:04 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

I bring this up because a woman I know did this a few years ago. Thinking a Woman would be less of a hassle after years of dealing with crappy men she found a woman, but the relationship turned out to be much worse than anything she had when she dated men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 02:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I bring this up because a woman I know did this a few years ago. Thinking a Woman would be less of a hassle after years of dealing with crappy men? She found a woman, but the relationship turned out to be much worse than anything she had when she dated men.
I've been joking about the same thing - that I'll switch teams when I get entirely too tired of men. However, I do realize we're not picnic, either, and the outcome may very well be the same, if not worse...

Old 05-22-2011, 02:11 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
I've heard of this happening but I tend to think that a woman who chose to do this had been either bisexual or lesbian to begin with and finally just accepted it. No matter how badly a woman treated me it would never cause me to suddenly feel an attraction towards men. It just doesn't work that way.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:19 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've heard of this happening but I tend to think that a woman who chose to do this had been either bisexual or lesbian to begin with and finally just accepted it. No matter how badly a woman treated me it would never cause me to suddenly feel an attraction towards men. It just doesn't work that way.
One of my friends finally told me recently, why she felt that she "turned to woman." She said that she was molested by two of her brothers and their friends when she was growing up, and she just couldn`t handle it.
I had no idea..I just thought she was a Tomboy, from being the only girl in a family of 5 brothers. Five, rough brothers!

She said that it happened alot...

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 05-22-2011 at 02:36 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 02:28 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
yankeegirl wrote:
Quote:
One of my friends finally told me recently, why she felt that she "turned to woman." She said that she was molested by two of her brothers and their friends when she was growing up, and she just couldn`t handle it.
I had no idea..I just thought she was a Tomboy, from being the only girl in a family of 5 brothers. Five, rough brothers!
That's very sad. Maybe what I said isn't always accurate regarding an already existing sexual orientation. That would be very traumatic and I suppose it would change many of your feelings about the opposite sex. I just don't know.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:30 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Quote:
yankeegirl wrote:
That's very sad. Maybe what I said isn't always accurate regarding an already existing sexual orientation. That would be very traumatic and I suppose it would change many of your feelings about the opposite sex. I just don't know.
Yes, I know what ya` mean.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:33 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,742 times
Quote:
I tend to agree with you more then Yankee about her friend and her 5 brothers.

I've had messed up relationships with men when I was younger and was sexually molested as a child by a family member BUT I'll stay with men which I'm attracted to. I do believe you have to have a gene tendency to be either bi or lesbian to begin with. (I do believe you are born either bi or homosexual since I have a brother that is gay and he believes that too).

Old 05-22-2011, 03:38 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
I have a friend who had a series of disastrous relationships with men and then in her 50's she turned to a woman. She didn't say the reason was the bad relationships though--said she fell in love with the person not the gender, so I guess it's possible that she had bi tendencies. However she claimed that she's never even fantasized about women before, which I found a little hard to believe but why would she lie about it at this point? There are just too many things we don't understand about sexuality.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:42 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
While I don't have any stats, nor did I care to look them up I do believe that people are born that way. It just has to be.

Most guys aren't gonna wake up one morning and say, "I've got a hankering for some sausage."

And I don't mean with the eggs and toast.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:59 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
I had some neighbors who were a gay couple and they fought like crazy! I could hear plenty in my apartement with the door closed. As it turns out, one of was always totally gay and the other really didn't have preference for one or the other. She took up with a man when she decided she wanted a baby. No problelm for her! The other one was in the Navy so no problem for her either.

I knew a man who claimed his wife left him for a woman but after knowing him for about five minutes, I understand why. That is not a reflection of most of the guys I met when I was single so please don't go down that path. Most guys I know are really great, but that one.... I would rather switch or chew my own arm off than wake up with him in the morning.

Gay behavior has been going on since the beginning of time so I just tend to look at the individual and not worry about who they sleep with as it isn't any of my business as long as they cause no harm to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships