Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 03:40 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,465,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I know! Most younger people think that kids are all fun and games, that is, until they actually have their own and realize how much of a responsibility they are.

And like city_data91, I realize that I wouldn't be able to take on the 24/7 responsibility. So go ahead, call me selfish, immature, etc. But hey, at least it's better than bringing an unwanted child into the world and resenting him/her.
Yeah, some might think it's immature that I don't want the responsibility of parenthood. But at least I realize parenthood takes responsibility. I think it's mature of me to realize that. And I think it's mature of me that I realize I would be unwilling to take on the responsibility so I've dedicated my life to never becoming a parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Dude, no offense bit what are they trying to be, the Duggars? That's crazy.

And I've had a friend say that she wanted 6 of her own kids and she wanted to adopt 2.

I didn't say anything but I was thinking "dear God! I can't even fathom myself giving birth once!!"
Just curious...

If you can't fathom yourself giving birth once, why would you put the baby up for adoption if you got pregnant?

I know why you don't want an abortion, but still...

Old 06-04-2011, 03:49 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,646,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Just curious...

If you can't fathom yourself giving birth once, why would you put the baby up for adoption if you got pregnant?

I know why you don't want an abortion, but still...
I know I can't fathom myself doing that, but I just can't eliminate an innocent life inside of me.

And please don't turn this thread into an abortion debate.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I know I can't fathom myself doing that, but I just can't eliminate an innocent life inside of me.

And please don't turn this thread into an abortion debate.
I'm not turning this into an abortion debate. That's why I didn't go into detail and I just left it at "I know why you don't want an abortion."

To me, it just appears you would be damned either way since you don't want an abortion but you don't want to give birth.

So I just wonder why you want to have sex someday during marriage and risk giving birth.

I never want kids either, but I'm also never having sex.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I'm not turning this into an abortion debate. That's why I didn't go into detail and I just left it at "I know why you don't want an abortion."

To me, it just appears you would be damned either way since you don't want an abortion but you don't want to give birth.

So I just wonder why you want to have sex someday during marriage and risk giving birth.

I never want kids either, but I'm also never having sex.
ohh I see.

But I kind of want to enjoy it within marriage. So I'm hoping that either I can get my tubes tied, have a partial hysterectomy, or my husband gets a vasectomy.
Both would be nice

Old 06-04-2011, 06:22 PM

328 posts, read 602,737 times
Quote:
ohh I see.

But I kind of want to enjoy it within marriage. So I'm hoping that either I can get my tubes tied, have a partial hysterectomy, or my husband gets a vasectomy.
Both would be nice
I never use condoms and have been pulling out for the last 12 years and have never gotten a woman pregnant. I've had many women tell me to blow my load inside them, but I don't, until/unless they show me their birth control pills or show me their IUD or nueva ring (spell check?) in their vaginas. Do I recommend pulling out all the time and never using condoms? No. But I'm just going to be a voice of reason here and say that it's not an end all - be all type of situation where sex = pregnancy. It's simply not true.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
I never use condoms and have been pulling out for the last 12 years and have never gotten a woman pregnant. I've had many women tell me to blow my load inside them, but I don't, until/unless they show me their birth control pills or show me their IUD or nueva ring (spell check?) in their vaginas. Do I recommend pulling out all the time and never using condoms? No. But I'm just going to be a voice of reason here and say that it's not an end all - be all type of situation where sex = pregnancy. It's simply not true.
Good point.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Yeah, pulling out can prevent pregnancy. But there's no guarantee. Pulling out can also lead to pregnancy. And just because you haven't got someone pregnant yet doesn't mean you never will.

For all you know, the women you pulled out of might have been on birth control. Maybe you would have gotten them pregnant if it weren't for the birth control.

That being said, birth control is not foolproof either. Birth control can fail.

I don't think anyone implied sex always leads to pregnancy. But any time you have sex, you take that risk.

If you don't recommend pulling out, why do you do it?

And I find it hard to believe you've been having sex for 12 years. You said you've been out of high school for 11 years and you were unpopular in high school. Unpopular guys aren't exactly the type of guys that have sex in high school (it can happen, but it's rare). In high school, sex is something the popular people and the bad kids do.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:45 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,396,170 times
Quote:
I won't dispute that. In a poor neighborhood where a lot of people don't finish high school, of course a lot of people have kids young. But that's the way it is in any poor area where a lot of people don't finish high school.
I kind of agree, but you're also ignorant about the poor community. I'm from the poor neighborhood, and if a rich kid comes in telling me that "that's the way it is in the poor community", I'll look at you funny and maybe laugh at you. I won't take you serious.

Although I see many students who never finished high school, you never know why and can't always judge the fact that "they're poor and have kids, so therefore, they don't finish high school." Whether that may be the case or not, it's all about resource. If you have the resource, it's easier for you. If know how to get the resource, you'll fight to get it.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:10 PM

328 posts, read 602,737 times
Quote:

If you don't recommend pulling out, why do you do it?
Because I don't care.

[/quote]And I find it hard to believe you've been having sex for 12 years. You said you've been out of high school for 11 years and you were unpopular in high school. Unpopular guys aren't exactly the type of guys that have sex in high school (it can happen, but it's rare). In high school, sex is something the popular people and the bad kids do.[/quote]

You're right, my math is horrible. 10 years. Lost my viginity at 16 to a married Mexican woman who was 23 at my first job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships