Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 11:27 AM

109 posts, read 330,077 times

Advertisements

Is it a rumor or it's true that in the american culture threesome sex is nothing but another experience for the couple? I disagree with that practice obviously for cultural reasons but yet don't judge anyone. Recently over here we had a case that went through the news, where an american raised guy lived with 3 wives and all their children and they all agreed. It was a huge scandal. Of course threesomes and this I Know is different but I would like to know your point of view in both cases and if it happens most in certain states or countries.

Is your culture widely open to that practice as everybody here in the island thinks?

Last edited by caribbeanppl; 08-04-2007 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 12:29 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,657,700 times
I've never done a 3 some nor do I know of anyone who has. I'm sure it's out there...but it's not anything I would ever even consider.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:13 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,076,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I've never done a 3 some nor do I know of anyone who has. I'm sure it's out there...but it's not anything I would ever even consider.
hmmm, I'm up for grabs...

just kidding, I don't know of anyone, nor would I indulge...one hubby is enough...

What island are you from?

I was in Eleuthera, several times...love it there.

Nope, I don't believe American's are into more then one spouse....although, I did hear of a religion in America that does allow it...although I think in American culture, it is against the law? can someone help me out or did I dream it?

Old 08-06-2007, 04:32 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,800,235 times
You're thinking of the Mormons, I believe, but I do not know how common the practice is among them, or even if it is legal. For the record, no threesomes here!

Old 08-06-2007, 05:55 PM

820 posts, read 2,860,476 times
I've never known anyone that has participated in a threesome nor would I ever consider it.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:16 PM

885 posts, read 292,395 times
It's the Mormons that use to practice that. Working with them I know they don't practice it anymore. Well, there is some nut in Arizona who was just arrested for having like 6+ wives and children from all of them .

Old 08-06-2007, 11:38 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,340,143 times
Default Polygamy & Polyamoury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
You're thinking of the Mormons, I believe, but I do not know how common the practice is among them, or even if it is legal. For the record, no threesomes here!
Ah, that makes sense........ I was starting to think "Whaaaat? Americans are known for having threesomes???".

There are some mormons that are polygamists, but it is supposed to be a minority of Mormons that follow those teachings (at least this is what the mormons I know tell me ).

So, Mormonism is a minority religion to start with, and then the polygamists are another minority inside of the mormon religion. A very small slice of America. And no, it is not legal. In America you can only be married to one person at one time.

Something completely different is "Polyamoury" which are realtionships of more than 2 people (any mix of genders). This is a subculture where the belief is that you can love and be in a relationship with more than one person at a time, so you will see relationships/families of 3 adults, 4 adults, etc. This is a subculture that you can find anywhere, I believe, not just in America.

As for a plain old good-time threesome.......well, some people do it. Some might try it once or it may be a regular thing for them, but again, this is not exclusive to America by any means.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:44 PM

Thank you for all your replies, little did i know that Mormons were into that practice and sorry if I was misinformed about americans and threesomes but that's what has been said here in PR and wasn't my intention to hurt anyone's feelings, now according to your responses I am happy to learn it's not like that in the whole country.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,340,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanppl View Post
Thank you for all your replies, little did i know that Mormons were into that practice and sorry if I was misinformed about americans and threesomes but that's what has been said here in PR and wasn't my intention to hurt anyone's feelings, now according to your responses I am happy to learn it's not like that in the whole country.
Now you can straighten everyone out !

Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 PM

[=riQUOTEveree;1232675]Now you can straighten everyone out ![/QUOTE

You bet I will!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships