Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy being single?
Yes, I'm lovin my freedom! 49 36.57%
No, I'm lonely 23 17.16%
Somewhat. I don't need a partner but it would be nice 62 46.27%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:03 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know, this is one of the great myths. You know that you can be with someone and still do whatever you feel like doing without explanation, right?

Neither my wife nor I ask for explanations or permission...we just live how we like. Thankfully, how we like pretty much matches up, but there's no "you can't do that" or "you'd better do this" crap flying around.

I don't feel restricted.
Up to a point. When what you do impacts the other, then you do owe at least an explanation. My SIL has a habit of quitting jobs out of the blue, and my brother has to handle the financial fallout, since he becomes the only breadwinner. So she does owe him an explanation, at the very least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 01:44 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Yes, I know I can go and pick up any guy but knowing my luck, I'll pick up a guy with a "pinkie" and then I'll just be like FML..

I just fired my two FWB because I wasn't getting enough benefits..

I love my rabbit, Jack, but there's nothing like a MAN throwing you around, etc...(runs for cold shower)

Old 07-25-2011, 01:51 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
I originally voted "somewhat, but it would be nice."

I feel like I'd like to find a nice girl now, but this time it isn't a matter of finding one- it's finding the time and energy.. I'm not going to have a social life for the next 8 months due to classes.

I'm fine with that too, I suppose, but hopefully there'll be a reasonably attractive girl in EMS classes that I could partner up with for some "studying"

Old 07-25-2011, 02:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Does that include being able to see other women?
Depends on the arrangement you have. I don't have this particular arrangement. But I was talking about things that my friends whine about...buying things, traveling, going out, etc.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
Up to a point. When what you do impacts the other, then you do owe at least an explanation. My SIL has a habit of quitting jobs out of the blue, and my brother has to handle the financial fallout, since he becomes the only breadwinner. So she does owe him an explanation, at the very least.
Yes, but I was addressing the post about how he wanted to do anything he wanted...I thought that poster was talking about smaller things - like dinner, traveling, buying things, what to wear, how late to come in at night, etc...monumental life changes can also be made, but that is going to depend on how much you trust each other.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:50 PM

88 posts, read 278,820 times
Quote:
Yes, but I was addressing the post about how he wanted to do anything he wanted...I thought that poster was talking about smaller things - like dinner, traveling, buying things, what to wear, how late to come in at night, etc...monumental life changes can also be made, but that is going to depend on how much you trust each other.
You must have a really 'different' marriage because everyone I know who is married would have to discuss all of that beforehand with their partners.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
You must have a really 'different' marriage because everyone I know who is married would have to discuss all of that beforehand with their partners.
Yeah, it's called 'being on the same page.' I know she's never going to do something stupid, and she knows the same.

We also know about being polite and considerate, so we don't have to have conversations about things, because we're just going to want to discuss it anyway. She's my best friend and sounding board.

Last edited by stan4; 07-25-2011 at 08:34 PM..

Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 PM

461 posts, read 556,165 times
Gave it some thought these past few days. Yes, I really want a girlfriend again, the single life stopped being fun after a while.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:54 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I dunno about the rest of the guys but if I lost my wife I'd blow my brains out.
She's all I got.
I hope the rest of you fall in love soon.
Sooooooooo much nicer having somebody in your heart.
You'll see :-]
Sounds like you've found a great person! But since I don't know what that's like, I don't know what it feels like to lose it, and I can't know what it feels like to lose it. I'm impervious to that particular pain.
Quote:
You know, this is one of the great myths. You know that you can be with someone and still do whatever you feel like doing without explanation, right?

Neither my wife nor I ask for explanations or permission...we just live how we like. Thankfully, how we like pretty much matches up, but there's no "you can't do that" or "you'd better do this" crap flying around.

I don't feel restricted.
So it is possible! But that still doesn't make me any less happy to be single.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:29 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
guys are supposed to be happy but not girls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships