U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-21-2011, 03:56 PM

19,081 posts, read 11,735,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
^^so ABC news says it, and a couple of white women online say it, so that means ALL black women also feel a former marine with a good job isn't good enough? Don't you think that's a ridiculous claim? Come on.
A couple of white women haven't said it.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:05 PM

7,373 posts, read 6,935,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
A couple of white women haven't said it.
I have no idea what you said On this hread specifically, only that he references you as having an opinion.

Given the fact that you once claimed I was out "booty shaking" in ghetto clubs when we disagreed on something unrelated to nightlife or dating - odd accusation to make against a 40 year old woman... Unless she is black and the accuser is someone like you - my main point is that your opinion on this subject is invalid. Anyone who throws down racist stereotypes against black women when she doesnt get her way in debating one has no business remarking on a thread like this. But being a typical feminist, you did nothing wrong. I'm the one who took the "booty shaking" quip wrong, right?

Old 08-21-2011, 04:10 PM

818 posts, read 728,966 times
Quote:
Then why did you reference the opinions of white women in your post, at least one of whom is a hardcore feminazi? Why choose the words of white women to stand for black women?
Onglet, arguing with BajanYankee is a losing proposition. As far as he is concerned, the majority of us are ghetto, study cosmetology, HR, do secretarial work and think terribly about black men. Generalizations (whether they make sense or not) are his forte. It's a losing battle.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what you said On this hread specifically, only that he references you as having an opinion.

Given the fact that you once claimed I was out "booty shaking" in ghetto clubs when we disagreed on something unrelated to nightlife or dating - odd accusation to make against a 40 year old woman... Unless she is black and the accuser is someone like you - my main point is that your opinion on this subject is invalid. Anyone who throws down racist stereotypes against black women when she doesnt get her way in debating one has no business remarking on a thread like this. But being a typical feminist, you did nothing wrong. I'm the one who took the "booty shaking" quip wrong, right?
No, I don't think so. I just did a search for every post I've quoted directed at you and there is no mention of you attending ghetto clubs. I think you have me confused with someone else. Otherwise, please quote me.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:37 PM

7,373 posts, read 6,935,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
No, I don't think so. I just did a search for every post I've quoted directed at you and there is no mention of you attending ghetto clubs. I think you have me confused with someone else. Otherwise, please quote me.
No, I'm not wasting my leisure time on you. You know you went there on a thread in which I posited that modern-day feminism is nothing more than a power grab against upper-income white men and has nothing to do with women as a whole. (Lower income and women of color need not apply, unless they want to be your foot soldier.) That's when you threw down the booty-shaking quip. I'm not wasting my time searching through the bulk of your nauseating posts to show the one that nauseated me in particular. Especially given that a person as dishonest as you may have edited it. I remember though! And that, by the way, is why in your thread about your husband going to a bachelor party, you made the claim that my post constituted "drama". Because that's your style, to marginalize anyone who stands in the way of your feminists rants. You remembered our exchange from a year ago, and that is why you tried to marginalize me again a couple of days ago on unrelated matters.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:45 PM

1,034 posts, read 628,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Because the vast majority won't marry down. They think they're entitled to marry up. Don't apply to everyone, but it does to most. Go look at married couples and see how many of them where the wife makes more. It's very rare. When I lived in Florida, I knew 3 female lawyers. They did very well for themselves and should be commended for it. But, did they marry the city employee or the guy making 50-60? No. One married a heart surgeon, one married a pediatrician, and the other married some loser that was born into a filthy rich family. Bottom line, they won't do it.
But, in all fairness, what difference is that from the woman who may have a Harvard Degree, single, no children, well read, but is homely looking and therefore cant get a man with similiar qualifications to date her? Because guess what? A man just wont do it either.

Meaning, crap goes both ways. Sure, we can ask the woman who makes $400,000 a yr why she wont date a man who makes $80,000. But lets also ask the Harvard man why he wont date a Harvard woman on his education and status level if she is homely, but instead picks the hot looking hairdresser. Wasnt this point just brought up on this thread?

Life aint fair, is it? Both men and women have their little "things" that they want, dont they? Some women want a man of equal or higher status, and some men just want the hot chick on their arm. And if you dont measure up, they will both pass you over. Does it feel fair on both sides? Nope. Not if you are the one being passed over. The only answer i have for that is that is just the way life is. It sucks sometimes.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:00 PM

3,857 posts, read 5,035,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's not what I'm saying. I referred to ABC News because that's how the story is being spun. There's no question about that.

But make no mistake about it, there are a number of black women who DO feel that a former marine with a blue-collar job is not "on their level." They would feel like he's not good enough for them.

Well yeah that is true but I don't think this attitude is as endemic amongst black women as you make it out to be. You can't take what you see in DC and assume that it applies everywhere else. You don't get to make that call unless you have lived in every city and town that has a sizable black population.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
No, I'm not wasting my leisure time on you. You know you went there on a thread in which I posited that modern-day feminism is nothing more than a power grab against upper-income white men and has nothing to do with women as a whole. (Lower income and women of color need not apply, unless they want to be your foot soldier.)
The thread you and I were involved in was "Did feminism ruin relationships between men and women?'"

Yes, you had that argument, and it was a back and forth go, but it wasn't with me. Our conversation in that thread appears to be civil. And yes, plenty of people on this forum have attacked you and charged your dating or whatever tactics, but I have not.

I have made statements about bump&grind clubs, that they're full of drunk ninnies, and no, there is no differentiation when it comes to race.

Quote:
I'm not wasting my time searching through the bulk of your nauseating posts to show the one that nauseated me in particular. Especially given that a person as dishonest as you may have edited it.
Folk can not go back and edit posts beyond an hour or so. You know this.

Quote:
I remember though! And that, by the way, is why in your thread about your husband going to a bachelor party, you made the claim that my post constituted "drama". Because that's your style, to marginalize anyone who stands in the way of your feminists rants. You remembered our exchange from a year ago, and that is why you tried to marginalize me again a couple of days ago on unrelated matters.
You don't remember anything. Obviously, I'm one white woman in a sea of white women that you are confused about. If anything, I've been quite supportive of your sexual encounter and dating threads. And I have never marginalized you. Perhaps you are not aware that you come off as very aggressive. You assume that your experience is to be extrapolated past your own nose. What's clear to me is that you don't like folk that think differently than you, specifically women. That's your issue.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:32 PM

2,969 posts, read 1,795,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Life aint fair, is it? Both men and women have their little "things" that they want, dont they? Some women want a man of equal or higher status, and some men just want the hot chick on their arm. And if you dont measure up, they will both pass you over. Does it feel fair on both sides? Nope. Not if you are the one being passed over. The only answer i have for that is that is just the way life is. It sucks sometimes.
Pretty much.

In any case, it is hard to believe that most black women are 1. overly picky fat high powered professionals who only want men who match their white collar status/salary or better, *AND* 2. loud, tacky ghetto trash in (at best) mid level jobs, occupying mostly working class professions while holding degrees from community colleges. Which is it? Both can't be true at the same time.

Of course, these women are the scourge of all these monetarily successful, incredibly good looking, perfectly fit, non playa, high character, great personality, super-catch black men out there who just can't seem to find anyone worthy to date and/or settle down with. Uh-huh. LOL

Dating sucks for everyone. Finding someone you can really click with and build a life with is hard. That's life. Suck it up buttercup I say. Just because the man or woman you want hasn't fallen in your lap doesn't mean there is something horribly wrong with black women or black men.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 PM

1,034 posts, read 628,313 times
Dating sucks for everyone. Finding someone you can really click with and build a life with is hard. That's life. Suck it up buttercup I say. Just because the man or woman you want hasn't fallen in your lap doesn't mean there is something horribly wrong with black women or black men.
{QUOTE}

Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships