U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-23-2011, 04:32 PM

3,922 posts, read 1,788,397 times
Will this thread ever end???

Old 08-23-2011, 04:48 PM

7,373 posts, read 6,570,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
And you've yet to prove it's true.
This isn't an academic journal, it's a forum. I don't have to prove anything. I am giving up my observations as a black female. Perhaps the observations posted by men are more to your liking; if so I suggest you scroll back for them. Discount me if you want, I don't mind.

Now here's another thing about minorities dating white men (and again, I have dated white guys myself). I like to call this Beta Meets Status. Yes some people aren't going to like this, but it's true. May as well go here now!

This phenomenon is more common among white male/Asian female, but you see it with black women too.

Many (not all, but many) white men who exclusively date a woman of color are beta males who can't get an attractive white women. Maybe it's money, maybe it's their looks, maybe it's he beta personality... But they can't get an attractive white woman to save their life. They do learn, whether consciously or not, that by being white they can land an attractive women of color who is dating for "status" - and by that they are dating seeking white skin priviledge. This is, as an example, you really don't see white men with ugly, fat black women (but you will see the reverse on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale). Now I'm not talking about alpha white men - they date who they like. Today it could be a white girl, tomorrow black, and the next day Asian. I'm talking about those white guys who have settled into a particular ethnicity. Yes SOME do it because they honestly find that particular ethnic group the most attractive, but MANY are betas who have figured out how to avoid dating the dregs of their own race. Those who see through this sort of thing - like me as I have had dozens of these men present themselves to me - are definitely turned off by it.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:03 PM

15,374 posts, read 8,037,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
This isn't an academic journal, it's a forum. I don't have to prove anything. I am giving up my observations as a black female. Perhaps the observations posted by men are more to your liking; if so I suggest you scroll back for them. Discount me if you want, I don't mind.

Now here's another thing about minorities dating white men (and again, I have dated white guys myself). I like to call this Beta Meets Status. Yes some people aren't going to like this, but it's true. May as well go here now!

This phenomenon is more common among white male/Asian female, but you see it with black women too.

Many (not all, but many) white men who exclusively date a woman of color are beta males who can't get an attractive white women. Maybe it's money, maybe it's their looks, maybe it's he beta personality... But they can't get an attractive white woman to save their life. They do learn, whether consciously or not, that by being white they can land an attractive women of color who is dating for "status" - and by that they are dating seeking white skin priviledge. This is, as an example, you really don't see white men with ugly, fat black women (but you will see the reverse on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale). Now I'm not talking about alpha white men - they date who they like. Today it could be a white girl, tomorrow black, and the next day Asian. I'm talking about those white guys who have settled into a particular ethnicity. Yes SOME do it because they honestly find that particular ethnic group the most attractive, but MANY are betas who have figured out how to avoid dating the dregs of their own race. Those who see through this sort of thing - like me as I have had dozens of these men present themselves to me - are definitely turned off by it.
I can agree with most of this. When I see interracial relationships, the couples usually fit these profiles.

Tall, good-looking white guy with hot Asian girl (50% of IR couples I see in DC)

Dorky white guy with cute Asian girl (20% of IR couples I see in DC)

Dorky white guy with Plain Jane Asian girl (5%)

Preppy, well-dressed black guy with hot blonde bombshell (10%)

Alpha white man with hot black woman (think Gabriel Aubry and Halle Berry or Garcelle Beauvais and her husband) (1%)

Nerdy, loser white guy with nerdy, ugly black chick (4%)

Thugged out black guy with trailer-trash white girl (5%)

E. Asian-S.Asian, Latino-Black, etc. (5%)

Of course, these are just my observations, and I'll probably change the percentages after thinking about it a bit more. But the vast majority of IR couples I see involve fairly attractive white men (defined by looks, presence, or apparent status) and cute Asian girls followed by dorky white guy-cute Asian girl and preppy black guy-hot white girl couples. The one thing I never see is the hoodrat black chick dating interracially.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:10 PM

2,978 posts, read 2,788,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Will this thread ever end???
It's definitely working to replace Where have all the good black men gone? as the most commented-on "black" thread in the history of this forum. Time will tell. One thing's for sure, it has been a bloody entertaining run since its resurrection.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:35 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,895,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metye7 View Post
Yeah they are. You have one giant failure in your belief all the interacial couples out there.. which of course are growing at a rapid rate.

Plus, you have the fact, that like me, I don't find black men attractive as a whole. I wont date black men, and I know many other that are like me. It also has nothing to do with anything being wrong with them, it is as people we like what we like.
Nope no failure on my part. You made the claim that "black women are attracted to white men, just as much as white women are". If this were the case, then you wouldn't you see black women dating and marrying white men at a higher rate than black men? I mean people date and marry folks that they're attracted to right?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:39 PM

818 posts, read 680,131 times
Quote:

Interesting observation Onglet,
I too have noticed that many of the white guys who hit on me online (and the veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery few that have indicated their interest in real life), were beta-ish, not the typical redblooded, confident Alpha male that anyone who's been following my posts here, knows I like.

I have always wondered why that was. I mean, I am attracted to the same cute white guys that are shown in movies, and if you notice, the vast majority are confident/cocky/natural leaders. Why would I want a guy who isn't that?
Beta guys of any race, be they white, black, asian african, latino (I know the last 2 are not a race) don't do anything for me. Bring me a real man of any race....a man who knows how to take care of this bo... let me stop

Old 08-23-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Not news to me. I see it all the time. However FAR more white women are more apt to date out than black women. 68% of caucasian men who are single and likely to remain single and never marry. And the number of white women dating or marrying black men is DRAMATICALLY increasing

If you're a male of any other race you've got a good shot. If you're white dont waste your time with any women, unless you have a nice fat bank account
The rate at which white women demonstrate a preference (or at least an openness) to dating out is more than compensated by the overwhelming preference most non-white women exhibit for white men when it comes to dating out themselves. The premium many non-white women put on "white status" generally translates into at least a figurative "fat bank account" for white men. In fact, a study done a few years ago indicated that a white man could earn as little as $24,000/year less than the average Asian man and still be "equally" desirable to an Asian woman, whereas Asian men needed to earn well over $200,000 more than the average male of every race other than Asian just to be equally desirable to the women of that race!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:00 PM

626 posts, read 502,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Interesting observation Onglet,
I too have noticed that many of the white guys who hit on me online (and the veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery few that have indicated their interest in real life), were beta-ish, not the typical redblooded, confident Alpha male that anyone who's been following my posts here, knows I like.
This whole Beta angle is pretty interesting. I am going to have to go back through all of my available winks now.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 PM

7,373 posts, read 6,570,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
The rate at which white women demonstrate a preference (or at least an openness) to dating out is more than compensated by the overwhelming preference most non-white women exhibit for white men when it comes to dating out themselves. The premium many non-white women put on "white status" generally translates into at least a figurative "fat bank account" for white men. In fact, a study done a few years ago indicated that a white man could earn as little as $24,000/year less than the average Asian man and still be "equally" desirable to an Asian woman, whereas Asian men needed to earn well over $200,000 more than the average male of every race other than Asian just to be equally desirable to the women of that race!
"Status" dating is what I call it.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
"Status" dating is what I call it.
Totally agree (See rep above).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships