Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Grotesque? I've never heard my house called that before? And I like the look of it, I like the style. I've never been a fan of the whole man-cave look, I prefer sleek, clean, and elegant. I'm 100% straight I assure you, I just have a certain design taste. To each their own.
Ya I definitely liked Speedy's displayed pics of his house from earlier as well! And I am also a 100% straight adult male

Just b/c it happens to have a "white color-themed motif", doesn't make it any less "manly", IMO

Different strokes for different folks

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 05-31-2011 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Adds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 09:07 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
NO!!!! Their relationship was NOT fine
EXACTLY!!!!

Old 05-31-2011, 09:21 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
Quote:
NO!!!! Their relationship was NOT fine.
We're all different... This type of relationship might be all wrong for you. And it might be all wrong for the majority of the people posting in this thread. But if it worked for him? And he was happy?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:21 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
NO!!!! Their relationship was NOT fine. While his ex was trophy girlfriend material, she certainly wasn't WIFE material. A useless woman like that is only going to get fat on him as a wife and with big self esteem issues once she loses her good looks. Instead of throwing her money away on designer goods she doesn't need or wear, instead of honing her shopping skills, she should be productive in other ways... like going back to school to develop her mind and to get better career opportunities or if she really doesn't need to work, then becoming a volunteer for a good cause like a charity.
So true. And its amusing but trophy material? the world is filled with that- go to South Beach-it doesnt mean theres anything good inside the person....

have seen that, externals and th ephysical, it always turns out badly for someone esp. if thats all there is.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:22 AM

[quote=bouncethelight;19378569]
My advice would be to call her and apologize. Agree that you were wrong, and agree to go back to things exactly the way they were. Why? Because you were HAPPY before! So what if she doesn't contribute equally financially - she contributes in other ways - and you were HAPPY!quote]

That's right. Let her keep spending her money on herself and contribute nothing while he keeps supporting her. Are you serious? Apparently he wasn't happy or else this resentment wouldn't have built up and exploded like it did.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
the thing is with these type of threads we only get one side of the story, and the other person is usually painted harsher than reality, so factoring that into the equation, I feel the woman is not as evil as some posters believe, we can only go on what he tells us, which much of it based on his own flawed perceptions and obvious resentment for the woman that had built up over time.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
We're all different... This type of relationship might be all wrong for you. And it might be all wrong for the majority of the people posting in this thread. But if it worked for him? And he was happy?
His ex was fine as a fluffy nothing trophy girlfriend. But she wasn't ready to take the mature next step to be real wife material. I do think that SpeedyAZ would have been happy as long as neither of them were interested in turning their relationship into a marriage. Clearly, in the four years they were together, he grew a person and grew into a mature adult, and... she didn't. She's still a immature girl playing at dressing up Barbie (herself) and not good for anything more. Maybe the sex was great, but that's not a unique talent. I'm betting that after a short relationship mourning period, SpeedyAZ will have no problems finding a new girlfriend that is beautiful and a productive human being. There are a ton of single women out there looking for a catch such as him!!!

Maybe you want to buy into the fantasy dream of having a rich husband who pays for everything, but the reality is that in a real marriage, both partners have to contribute towards their mutual goals. And what happens when she loses her youthful good looks? What advice would you have for his ex then?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Maybe you want to buy into the fantasy dream of having a rich husband who pays for everything
That's what I think too

Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
Quote:
Maybe you want to buy into the fantasy dream of having a rich husband who pays for everything,
Not me! Not at all.

But I do believe that if he says he was happy, that means something...

Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Not me! Not at all.

But I do believe that if he says he was happy, that means something...
I'm thinking he wasn't all that happy. That this was something that was in the back of his mind for quite some time, something he was on the fence with, and finally came to the surface. He may have been happy to have some eye candy around the house, maybe getting some good sex out of it, but I believe this was weighing on his mind for some time. It didn't just materialize out of this one conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships