Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:03 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times

Advertisements

Calling her back will be a huge mistake. You made a stand now stick to it. If you don't, she will walk all over you forever.

There is a saying that "time heals all wounds" but not if you keep picking at the scab! Stop looking through pictures, laying around and feeling sorry for yourself!

She'll be back. She is going to want her stuff or have some dumb question to ask.

So in the meantime, get up and dust yourself off. Toughen up. It's going to hurt for a few weeks but it will get better as you slowly wing off her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 11:07 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Calling her back will be a huge mistake. You made a stand now stick to it. If you don't, she will walk all over you forever.

There is a saying that "time heals all wounds" but not if you keep picking at the scab! Stop looking through pictures, laying around and feeling sorry for yourself!

She'll be back. She is going to want her stuff or have some dumb question to ask.

So in the meantime, get up and dust yourself off. Toughen up. It's going to hurt for a few weeks but it will get better as you slowly wing off her.

Another cynic heard from

Read his other thread, you seem to have made some rash judgements.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:07 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
I have to disagree with this, if SHE was in the wrong, then yes you would be correct and that might end in her feeling that you are a pushover. In my opinion HE is wrong and if you are wrong the onus is on YOU to appologize, it doesnt mean she will walk all over you in the future, because when you are wrong you are wrong, you say sorry and move on.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:08 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Another cynic heard from

Read his other thread, you seem to have made some rash judgements.
'

I think some of the guys on here are too proud to admit when they are wrong, just my 2 cents

Old 05-30-2011, 11:10 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
SpeedyAZ,

I'm sorry to hear of your heart ache, but it is common after a breakup. And you will find that no one can take her place.
As I read that sentence, I thought, "And to that, THANK GAWD."

See, after reading about how the little miss would spend an entire paycheck on a purse and yet not offer a penny toward any household expenses, I knew right then and there she was in it for the lifestyle.

Speedy, I think you did the right thing. I know you are hurting right now, but this woman was going to take you for a financial ride. She is not mature enough for marriage. No one who would blow $800 on a pocketbook when that is a quarter of her income is.

As for what Loves said, yes, it is advisable to look within yourself and see where you might have contributed to the whole mess. I don't want to kick you when you are down, so I'll just say that it sounds like you might be a bit of an enabler. I was that way, too, so maybe I'm projecting, but I do see a little bit of me in you. My ex-husband took it for granted that I would just be there to pay for everything--because I did. My fault for sending him that message.

And you know what? Marriage schmarriage: Taking someone for granted means you have no respect for the person. There is no marriage where there is no respect. I eventually grew quite resentful of his mooching, and I suspect that you already were resentful of your ex-fiancee's, or you wouldn't have posted your first thread about this. You were speaking from the heart and the gut when you posted that thread, and although some folks got on you for not wanting to share, it seems to me that they did not see this woman taking advantage of you. Judging by her reaction to your attempt to sort things out, just imagine how she'd have reacted were you already married. Oh, yes, she is the kind of woman that C-D's He-Man Woman Haters Club hold up as a shining example of a woman who would take a man to the cleaners in a divorce as part of her plan for lifelong financial security. It's a shame, because women like that give the rest of us a bad name.

Quite frankly--and I hope this does not offend you--she sounds like a spoiled little brat, and you are better off without her.

Hang in there. You did the right thing.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:14 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I have to disagree with this, if SHE was in the wrong, then yes you would be correct and that might end in her feeling that you are a pushover. In my opinion HE is wrong and if you are wrong the onus is on YOU to appologize, it doesnt mean she will walk all over you in the future, because when you are wrong you are wrong, you say sorry and move on.
Now herein is the problem and I doubt that many will get it. Neither one could be in the "wrong" on their failure to make it work out. It sounds like they are incompatible personalities and it has sounded that way from his first thread.

Another ant and grasshopper story with no give on either side.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:16 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post

See, after reading about how the little miss would spend an entire paycheck on a purse and yet not offer a penny toward any household expenses, I knew right then and there she was in it for the lifestyle.

Speedy, I think you did the right thing. I know you are hurting right now, but this woman was going to take you for a financial ride. She is not mature enough for marriage. No one who would blow $800 on a pocketbook when that is a quarter of her income is.

As for what Loves said, yes, it is advisable to look within yourself and see where you might have contributed to the whole mess. I don't want to kick you when you are down, so I'll just say that it sounds like you might be a bit of an enabler. I was that way, too, so maybe I'm projecting, but I do see a little bit of me in you. My ex-husband took it for granted that I would just be there to pay for everything--because I did. My fault for sending him that message.

And you know what? Marriage schmarriage: Taking someone for granted means you have no respect for the person. There is no marriage where there is no respect. I eventually grew quite resentful of his mooching, and I suspect that you already were resentful of your ex-fiancee's, or you wouldn't have posted your first thread about this. You were speaking from the heart and the gut when you posted that thread, and although some folks got on you for not wanting to share, it seems to me that they did not see this woman taking advantage of you. Judging by her reaction to your attempt to sort things out, just imagine how she'd have reacted were you already married. Oh, yes, she is the kind of woman that C-D's He-Man Woman Haters Club hold up as a shining example of a woman who would take a man to the cleaners in a divorce as part of her plan for lifelong financial security. It's a shame, because women like that give the rest of us a bad name.

Quite frankly--and I hope this does not offend you--she sounds like a spoiled little brat, and you are better off without her.

But be fair my friend...he admitted in the last thread to never asking her to financially contribute to their relationship. She obviously felt free to spend her paychecks on things like designer purses. This doesn't make her "in it for the lifestyle".

Since he NEVER talked to her about this he essentially gave her no opportunity to do things another way.

He owed it to her and to their relationship to COMMUNICATE his thoughts and feelings before they boiled over and caused him to lose his temper.

I simply CANNOT agree that he did the right thing - and if he's really honest with himself he knows deep down inside he didn't.

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
you done Eff'ed up son...
:script:

1,561 posts, read 2,204,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post

Too bad I can not rep you. A completely brilliant post without all the emotional projection that people are making.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:17 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Another cynic heard from
Another poster who calls people negative names who doesn't agree with their opinions

I did read the thread and stand by my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships