Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 05:36 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,376,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
There already was a book written -

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is a novel written by Ken Kesey. It is set in an Oregon asylum, and serves as a study of the institutional process and the human mind. The novel was written in 1959 and published in 1962. The novel was adapted into a film in 1975, starring Jack Nicholson, which won five Academy Awards.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) - IMDb

Most memorable moment and line in that movie when they escaped and all went out on the boat - "We're all going fishing." This I see as Phil in the lead role saying, "We're all going stripping."
They all escaped in One flew over The Cuckoo's Nest, but in Phil's book, there is no escape from CD Relationships. You can check in anytime you want-but you can never leave....

Old 07-08-2011, 06:43 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,581,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
They all escaped in One flew over The Cuckoo's Nest, but in Phil's book, there is no escape from CD Relationships. You can check in anytime you want-but you can never leave....
Actually only the Chief escaped at the end, but who's counting?

Great movie - one of my faves.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:10 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,005,687 times
We have a young observer on board. Female. She has made an interest clear and while I have been doing really well in drone mode up to now I find the fire well and truly lit. A rule (among others) that I hold the crew to is that there will be no doing the observer. I do not fear dishonoring my boat because I will not, I do fear opening that door and where it might lead. Girls, I was doing so well without them but now I find I have to have me some of that. This is a problem.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:28 AM

17,611 posts, read 22,541,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm wondering if I cracked a rib.

I was kind of turned at a slight angle and coughed real hard, felt a pop and sharp pain, I've been in agony ever since.

I looked around the web and have gotten some contradictory advice.

Webmd seems to make some sense, IDK.

Fractured Rib (Broken Rib) Causes, Symptoms, Treatments

I've never had this problema, bro.

It's Best for your doc to check you out, even though i don't have much faith in many doc's.

Take Care...

Old 07-08-2011, 07:34 AM

17,611 posts, read 22,541,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
We have a young observer on board. Female. She has made an interest clear and while I have been doing really well in drone mode up to now I find the fire well and truly lit. A rule (among others) that I hold the crew to is that there will be no doing the observer. I do not fear dishonoring my boat because I will not, I do fear opening that door and where it might lead. Girls, I was doing so well without them but now I find I have to have me some of that. This is a problem.
In the U.S. Navy, we had our FUns, while on Liberty.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:36 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,106,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm wondering if I cracked a rib.

I was kind of turned at a slight angle and coughed real hard, felt a pop and sharp pain, I've been in agony ever since.

I looked around the web and have gotten some contradictory advice.

Webmd seems to make some sense, IDK.

Fractured Rib (Broken Rib) Causes, Symptoms, Treatments
I did once. Does it hurt your ribs when you breathe in and out. Go get an x-ray to make sure!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:47 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,005,687 times
Broke a rib hear and there chow and they don't put you in a cast or any of that stuff any more. Assuming you did crack one (they do not normally break at your age unless you take a big fall, car accident, etc.) expect to be sent home where it will take a month or so before you are feeling well enough to hurt yourself again. Thursday is right IMO, see a doctor.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:43 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,044,225 times
what a bummer - cracked rib in the summer

Old 07-08-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
It isn't a problem, bro - it's a blessing. Take advantage of it while you can, because we don't get many in this life.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Broke a rib hear and there chow and they don't put you in a cast or any of that stuff any more. Assuming you did crack one (they do not normally break at your age unless you take a big fall, car accident, etc.) expect to be sent home where it will take a month or so before you are feeling well enough to hurt yourself again. Thursday is right IMO, see a doctor.
Not to toss sour persimmons in the stew pot, but osteoporosis can lead to more easily-fractured bones. As could osteopenia, I suppose, but the chances are less with that.

Sorry - I'm in doctor mode.

Rx: Go get x-rayed if you like; they don't always pick up fractures. As has been said, they usually don't set and cast anymore unless it's a lulu. This first time, I wouldn't sweat it. Though, if it happens again, you might want to consider getting a bone mineral density (BMD) test and check your spine for curvature.

Last edited by SifuPhil; 07-08-2011 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Added Rx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships