Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 09:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Salt to grapefruit juice?

That's completely new to me. I'm not a big fan of salt though.
I just like it on corn myself. However my Asian friend showed me to do it to fruit. Also add a little to pasta noodles. And meat tenderizer has it in it too.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
Just freeze your grapefruit juice into ice cubes and add it to your water or other juice.

Did you get Ruby Red or just regular grapefruit juice? I love Ruby Red...not so much the other.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:11 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Man, I really really really want it to be fall. It's my favorite season. There's something I just love about it. For one thing, the weather is a lot cooler and better. The leaves turn beautiful colors. The air is crisp. There seems to be slightly more festive cheer (my birthday in September, halloween in October, thanksgiving in November). I have some great memories associated with the fall for some reason, particularly last fall. Just now I was listening to a song (from an album I discovered last fall) and it just brought back so many memories. First real solid semester at college, hanging out with some friends, this one crazy night in a hotel room, going for a drive on this one road. I miss that all so much and god dammit it just makes me feel so lonely and I don't know why.
When I was younger fall always sucked.... summer was over, school was starting back up, the weather was getting colder.... IDK.... now, it doesn't bring me down like it used to... it's funny how things shift when you get older.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:26 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,598 times
I may be biased but it is my sincere belief that Helen may be the most beautiful grandchild ever!
Attached Thumbnails
Relationship Chat Thread #17-helen.jpg  

Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 PM

19,387 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Darlin', these are all very Beautiful pics. Thankyou. Bueno. I Love them.

These Japanese Carp & Koi are used to having visitors feed them, i imagine. hahaha

It's closed now but years ago we used to love going to the Japanese Village, not far from Knotts Berry Farm.
I'm glad you like them.

Yes, they sell the food for the koi, but you have to have a container, the sign said. We didn't know that beforehand. I have the sneaking suspicion that they're not going hungry, though.

We went to the Japanese Village, too, back in the '70s. That's how I first learned of koi/carp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...uck-flight.jpg
I think the only way around the thumbnails is to link to your photo album or to a photo website as PF did.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I'm not a computer geek, by any means. I don't know the 'why's' or 'whatfor's' with computers & digital camera's.

I don't know if'n i'm downloading or uploading.
At times the pics are thumbnails, many times not. Thumbnails take up less space (bandwidth) so i think that's Good.
I just learn by trial & error.

I'm using a Fujifilm digital camera & software.
I've been having problemas with both. I've been having troubles with my HP Compaq Presario laptop, tooo.

Sorry, hon.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr
It doesn't seem to affect your beautiful photos, though.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:27 PM

19,387 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Man, I really really really want it to be fall. It's my favorite season. There's something I just love about it. For one thing, the weather is a lot cooler and better. The leaves turn beautiful colors. The air is crisp. There seems to be slightly more festive cheer (my birthday in September, halloween in October, thanksgiving in November). I have some great memories associated with the fall for some reason, particularly last fall. Just now I was listening to a song (from an album I discovered last fall) and it just brought back so many memories. First real solid semester at college, hanging out with some friends, this one crazy night in a hotel room, going for a drive on this one road. I miss that all so much and god dammit it just makes me feel so lonely and I don't know why.
It'll be here before you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Don't add sugar, just try to water it down. Or add some honey to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Just freeze your grapefruit juice into ice cubes and add it to your water or other juice.

Did you get Ruby Red or just regular grapefruit juice? I love Ruby Red...not so much the other.
I was going to say, add water or lots of ice. And Just's ice cube trick is a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I may be biased but it is my sincere belief that Helen may be the most beautiful grandchild ever!
Very sweet!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:39 PM

Sea/Chow...
love the pics! It looks like a really serene place. I'm a sucker for Gardens...visited a public garden a few weeks ago and it was very peaceful and relaxing.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
She is adorable! I am such a sap for babies...I just love them to pieces!

Old 07-30-2011, 12:11 AM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
I've noticed that most posters here... you can tell what they're gonna say after a while..... can sorta figure out people's typical stances on a subject... every once in a while a poster will come along and just sorta flip flop on you....... interesting in a clinical way...

Old 07-30-2011, 12:15 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've noticed that most posters here... you can tell what they're gonna say after a while..... can sorta figure out people's typical stances on a subject...
Eh, at least some of us are consistent. It's something!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships