Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, to me it's sinful to compare good Greek pita bread to a tortilla, particularly corn tortilla, which totally sucks in my book.
I wasn't comparing tortilla bread to pita bread at all, simply the manner in which it was made and what it looks like -a greek version of a burrito. I also refer to egg foo young as a Chinese version of omeletes even though they don't look like an omelete the concept is the same.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That reaffirms my belief that I'd not like it...most of those things that are "acquired tastes"....I don't go for.
You know, I'm very conservative food-wise and very few things grow on me, but surprisingly enough I fell in love with something here that not only I'd never had growing up, but it's even "good for you" - broccoli! The weird part is I don't like fresh broccoli; I like frozen broccoli! I love it stir-fried with shrimp. Big shrimp and lobster are other things I didn't have in the past. We only had teeny-tiny shrimp sold boiled on the streets. Love them both now!

I'm not much of a cook, but I think you might like my lamb. I believe mint is about the same even though I use imported mint. All I do is salt it, put some mint and paprika on it, and shove it in the oven (350; it doesn't take too long to cook). I like these little loin chops (TJ's carries them) or lamb shanks.

http://www.ithanmarket.com/catalog/loinchop001a.jpg (broken link)

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Foto4/LambShanks.jpg

Try it some day - it ain't gonna kill ya!

Btw, my ex-husband loves my lamb and he's Greek!;-)

Old 08-26-2011, 08:53 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Welll, I keep forgetting that I spent years in NYC...there are so many places there that serve lamb. From street vendors on every corner to middle eastern restaurants. I didn't realize that so many people haven't tried lamb. To me its as shocking as hearing "I haven't tried chicken. I do agree that its an acquired taste. I like my lamb as a kebab or gyro. Otherwise, its too gamey.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
You know, I'm very conservative food-wise and very few things grow on me, but surprisingly enough I fell in love with something here that not only I'd never had growing up, but it's even "good for you" - broccoli! The weird part is I don't like fresh broccoli; I like frozen broccoli! I love it stir-fried with shrimp. Big shrimp and lobster are other things I didn't have in the past. We only had teeny-tiny shrimp sold boiled on the streets. Love them both now!

I'm not much of a cook, but I think you might like my lamb. I believe mint is about the same even though I use imported mint. All I do is salt it, put some mint and paprika on it, and shove it in the oven (350; it doesn't take too long to cook). I like these little loin chops (TJ's carries them) or lamb shanks.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Foto4/LambShanks.jpg

Try it some day - it ain't gonna kill ya!

Btw, my ex-husband loves my lamb and he's Greek!;-)
Just the way you described your preparations makes me salivate.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Welll, I keep forgetting that I spent years in NYC...there are so many places there that serve lamb. From street vendors on every corner to middle eastern restaurants. I didn't realize that so many people haven't tried lamb. To me its as shocking as hearing "I haven't tried chicken. I do agree that its an acquired taste. I like my lamb as a kebab or gyro. Otherwise, its too gamey.
I don't do "gamey". However, I have a venison recipe that is out of this world delicious, but that's about the only way I'll eat it.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Too funny. I had a broccoli awakening myself, just a few years ago.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
I've loved broccoli since I was able to eat food.

love it served any way.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Just the way you described your preparations makes me salivate.
I love lamb, but not all cuts as much these two. The fat gets so crispy and yummy! I started eating it more when I was obsessing about my diet (you know...) and now it's a regular staple at home, even though it is pricey...

Quote:
Too funny. I had a broccoli awakening myself, just a few years ago.
Now, Brussels sprouts, on the other hand... That was a one-time adventure!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Now, Brussels sprouts, on the other hand... That was a one-time adventure!
UGH. No effin' way. I've hated them since I was a child.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
UGH. No effin' way. I've hated them since I was a child.
Same thing for me. I can't touch brussel sprouts.

Neither can I do peas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships