Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 07:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
This isn't getting my housekeeping done. I will build to it in a bit.

Watching some of the september 11th 2001 footage. Brings back memories. The shift that night was eerie. When I got home from work at 1AM... I stood at my front door, and it didn't feel right. I had my firefighting gear in the trunk of my car... I was 2000 miles from it all and I was wishing I could do more.
you're getting a jump start on the anniversary.

I remember I was in class at the time. I was taking apart a computer and putting it back together and making sure it would start up and run normally.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:02 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

I remember I was in class at the time. I was taking apart a computer and putting it back together and making sure it would start up and run normally.
Watching the National geographic channel.

I guess it steels why I do what I do. Fighting fires and helping people, it was something I always loved doing.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:

I think it's like when Kennedy was assasinated - no one will forget where they were when they heard about it or saw it.

I was working for the government at the time and someone came down into my office and said come upstairs they're flying into the World Trade Center and I remember actually sitting there watching the second plane hit the second building as it first happened. They actually sent us all home -one of the planes flew directly over the city I was in.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I think it's like when Kennedy was assasinated - no one will forget where they were when they heard about it or saw it.

I was working for the government at the time and someone came down into my office and said come upstairs they're flying into the World Trade Center and I remember actually sitting there watching the second plane hit the second building as it first happened. They actually sent us all home -one of the planes flew directly over the city I was in.
That's pretty crazy to think about.

I can't remember if I actually saw the 2nd plane hit, but I do remember watching footage of the tragedy.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
That's pretty crazy to think about.

I can't remember if I actually saw the 2nd plane hit, but I do remember watching footage of the tragedy.
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was at work...and all of a sudden I got a breaking news email...and the internet was so bogged down we could hardly get to the news...and we all ran downstairs to the first floor cafe...it had a tv up on the wall...and we just stood there with our mouths hanging open...transfixed...in shock...we saw the second plane hit, and there was this collective gasp from everyone. I'll never forget that day.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was at work...and all of a sudden I got a breaking news email...and the internet was so bogged down we could hardly get to the news...and we all ran downstairs to the first floor cafe...it had a tv up on the wall...and we just stood there with our mouths hanging open...transfixed...in shock...we saw the second plane hit, and there was this collective gasp from everyone. I'll never forget that day.
I don't think anyone living who had access to a tv or radio will forget that day.

I was a bit stubborn. I kept working while everyone else watched, but I was also listening.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
What we saw, where we were and what we were doing is engraved on our minds. In a generation or two it will be yet another history lesson. When you think about when Kennedy was shot, people have the same memories we have of september 11th. Others have the same memory of December 7th of 1941 it is a history lesson.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:40 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Boss came running out into the shop "The world is going to s**t!!! A plane just hit the WTC!!!" As we scrambled into the break room, stood there, jaws dropped, we saw the second tower hit. Then just stared as they dropped, one at a time.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:02 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:

I was in tax class.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
What we saw, where we were and what we were doing is engraved on our minds. In a generation or two it will be yet another history lesson. When you think about when Kennedy was shot, people have the same memories we have of september 11th. Others have the same memory of December 7th of 1941 it is a history lesson.
I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse, but I remember both Kennedy and 9/11.

For 9/11, I was just prepping to teach a class at my studio when my wife called and told me to turn on the TV. Needless to say, the people that showed up for class ended up sitting in the studio watching TV that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships