U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-02-2011, 09:09 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,914,637 times
Default Relationship Pet Peeves

What are you pet peeves with the people you love in your life? Not just significant other but relatives, friends, co-workers, etc. I know this can be a drawn out thread since it can go on forever and most people we know in our lives drive us crazy in some way. Especially me, since maybe 60% of the people I know personally **** me off in some way (I can get annoyed over small stuff to be honest). I am also sure there's stuff we do that get under other people's skin that we don't realize. So let's list our pet peeve's and what might be a pet peeve that we have, that might bother our counterparts. I'll start:

Mother-She constantly, CONSTANTLY complains about the electricity bill but falls asleep with the T.V. blasting every night and then complains that she "couldn't sleep!". She never wants to try anything new to reduce the bills and always uses up everything in the house. Lights on when there's complete sunlight, fan on when it's 30 degree's outside I can go on. She's simply NEVER happy with anything. She complains about everything but never tries to find a solution or just doesn't believe there's a solution. Then she wonders why things don't happen sometimes.

Mothers Boyfriend-He's always lost during a movie, even if he's watched caught it from the very beginning and will ask you throughout the whole movie what's going on. Which in turn, never really lets you enjoy the movie.

Bestfriend-Over thinks and over analyzes every simple thing. Also is always paranoid about something.

Uncle-Always is in a rush.....for nothing.

Cousin and aunt- Once they are watching T.V. or a movie, you can call their names 55 times and they still won't answer. It can be anything and they'll be glued. Makes me feel like they are ignoring me.

Grandmother-Talks so freaking loud.

Most my friends-Just don't know how to communicate.

Sister-Beats around the bush when she wants to ask me for a favor.

My ex-girlfriend-
Is afraid to eat because she thinks she's going to get fat in one day.

Cousin-Always on the phone. Even if she's hanging out with a group of people. She's always getting some text as if she is so important. Please.

Co-Worker-ALWAYS is talking over people and cutting them off in a normal conversation. Never lets anyone finish what they have to say. SO annoying.

Me-I tend to over think and even obsess over things that really bug me. No, thinking about the pet peeve's isn't one of them; just other stuff in life. Somethings I can't let go off until I find an answer or a reason to it. I'm also extremely hard on myself and never give myself a pat on the back.

What I think is a pet peeve to others
- I think me being blunt gets people annoyed sometimes. I tell people stuff they don't want to hear (I guess) and they seem to get offended. I don't think I am an A-hole honest but I can be pretty hard. I also seem to be "too random" sometimes for people and I guess sometimes not knowing my next move bothers people. I guess I can sometimes just disappear and recluse into my own world without letting anyone know for long periods of times.

List yours.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 09:49 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,343,370 times
girlfriend - on the phone txting too much or on the computer iming too much. When im on the phoe with her she always is distracted either reading something or someone talking to her.

mom- nags too much. Makes me repeat things 10 times.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
What are you pet peeves with the people you love in your life? Not just significant other but relatives, friends, co-workers, etc. I know this can be a drawn out thread since it can go on forever and most people we know in our lives drive us crazy in some way. Especially me, since maybe 60% of the people I know personally **** me off in some way (I can get annoyed over small stuff to be honest). I am also sure there's stuff we do that get under other people's skin that we don't realize. So let's list our pet peeve's and what might be a pet peeve that we have, that might bother our counterparts. I'll start:

Mother-She constantly, CONSTANTLY complains about the electricity bill but falls asleep with the T.V. blasting every night and then complains that she "couldn't sleep!". She never wants to try anything new to reduce the bills and always uses up everything in the house. Lights on when there's complete sunlight, fan on when it's 30 degree's outside I can go on. She's simply NEVER happy with anything. She complains about everything but never tries to find a solution or just doesn't believe there's a solution. Then she wonders why things don't happen sometimes.

Mothers Boyfriend-He's always lost during a movie, even if he's watched caught it from the very beginning and will ask you throughout the whole movie what's going on. Which in turn, never really lets you enjoy the movie.

Bestfriend-Over thinks and over analyzes every simple thing. Also is always paranoid about something.

Uncle-Always is in a rush.....for nothing.

Cousin and aunt- Once they are watching T.V. or a movie, you can call their names 55 times and they still won't answer. It can be anything and they'll be glued. Makes me feel like they are ignoring me.

Grandmother-Talks so freaking loud.

Most my friends-Just don't know how to communicate.

Sister-Beats around the bush when she wants to ask me for a favor.

My ex-girlfriend-Is afraid to eat because she thinks she's going to get fat in one day.

Cousin-Always on the phone. Even if she's hanging out with a group of people. She's always getting some text as if she is so important. Please.

Co-Worker-ALWAYS is talking over people and cutting them off in a normal conversation. Never lets anyone finish what they have to say. SO annoying.

Me-I tend to over think and even obsess over things that really bug me. No, thinking about the pet peeve's isn't one of them; just other stuff in life. Somethings I can't let go off until I find an answer or a reason to it. I'm also extremely hard on myself and never give myself a pat on the back.

What I think is a pet peeve to others- I think me being blunt gets people annoyed sometimes. I tell people stuff they don't want to hear (I guess) and they seem to get offended. I don't think I am an A-hole honest but I can be pretty hard. I also seem to be "too random" sometimes for people and I guess sometimes not knowing my next move bothers people. I guess I can sometimes just disappear and recluse into my own world without letting anyone know for long periods of times.

List yours.
one of my pet peeves are emails and posts that are too long.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,192,954 times
being late is one of my major pet peeves and is applicable to almost everyone i know LOL

we all have our quirks. remember, we all do things that drive our friends and family insane, we just may not realize it :P

Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 AM

15,342 posts, read 14,151,482 times
There is another same exact thread on this subject. I remember it, because I started it!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
There is another same exact thread on this subject. I remember it, because I started it!

Oops! How long ago was this?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Oops! How long ago was this?
Do a search..its there.

At any rate, I`ll go ahead and post on your thread though...lol...

My Relationship Pet Peeve is STOP leaving empty containers around the house. When you finish chips, throw the bag away.. When you drink all the milk, throw the jug away. Do NOT leave it for someone to come behind you, and find! GGRRR!!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Do a search..its there.

At any rate, I`ll go ahead and post on your thread though...lol...

My Relationship Pet Peeve is STOP leaving empty containers around the house. When you finish chips, throw the bag away.. When you drink all the milk, throw the jug away. Do NOT leave it for someone to come behind you, and find! GGRRR!!!!
Thanks!

That is a pet peeve of mine as well! My mothers boyfriend and my brothers do that ALL the time. Leave empty milk, juice, cereal boxes all over the place....

Old 06-02-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks!

That is a pet peeve of mine as well! My mothers boyfriend and my brothers do that ALL the time. Leave empty milk, juice, cereal boxes all over the place....
I hate to reach for the cereal box and there is 6 pieces in it!
Toilet paper is the worst though!!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:52 AM

2,250 posts, read 1,599,946 times
Ex-girlfriend: CONSTANTLY TEXTING. Even if we were spending "quality time" she would be looking at her phone and returning text messages at least every 2 minutes. I didn't put up with that behavior for long. Someone who can't unplug every once in a while or is just plain rude about it peeves me enough to move on.

Moral of the story: if you are with your SO, be there with them. Don't be on your phone texting/calling/whatnot. Some texts or calls are ok if you're not really doing anything in particular, but if you're on a date or having a conversation then the phone should be put away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships