Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 04:25 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I find your point of view fascinating, especially since most Catholics don't even agree with the Roman Catholic Church on the issue of birth control. Or perhaps they agree with it in theory but not in practice.

I understand that the rhythm method is a popular choice for couples who wish to straddle the fence. You should look into it.
I find his point of view borderline insane. Despite the Catholic church's thinking to the contrary, people (even married couples) have sex for reasons other than procreation. Anyone following this thinking is at a risk of conceiving a child every 9-10 months. That's beyond reasonable for just about everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 05:18 AM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post

I understand that the rhythm method is a popular choice for couples who wish to straddle the fence.
Straddling the fence is one of my favorite pastimes. I find this method most satisfactory, along with the pull 'n pray, and the alligator f***house.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:03 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Personally, I believe that the only "safe sex" is sex that is between two monogomous, consenting, heterosexual spouses.

Yes, hate me if you must, but that's my opinion.
Hate you for your viewpoint? Hardly! I agree with you!

Old 06-04-2011, 06:38 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5
Is there such a thing as 'safe sex' ?
Of course...

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 05:59 PM..

Old 06-04-2011, 06:49 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Personally, I believe that the only "safe sex" is sex that is between two monogomous, consenting, heterosexual spouses.

Yes, hate me if you must, but that's my opinion.
Or any two intelligent and honest people who have respect and trust for each other.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:24 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Goodness, heaven forbid we should ever encounter the evil snake.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:30 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Goodness, heaven forbid we should ever encounter the evil snake.
Or heaven forbid we should contract an STD or have an oopsie baby

Old 06-04-2011, 07:41 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Or heaven forbid we should contract an STD or have an oopsie baby
Funny you should mention that.

I am 47 years old and I have slept with plenty of men and women in my life but golly gosh...no STDs and no unwanted babies.

Guess I must be one of the lucky ones...or safe ones...or just one of the countless millions of people who have never contracted a disease or become pregnant.

There are no guarantees in life but there are antibiotics and there are abortions in most countries, you know, for those little "oopsie" babies.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:46 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:

I am 47 years old and I have slept with plenty of men and women in my life but golly gosh...no STDs and no unwanted babies.

Guess I must be one of the lucky ones...or safe ones...or just one of the countless millions of people who have never contracted a disease or become pregnant.

There are no guarantees in life but there are antibiotics and there are abortions in most countries, you know, for those little "oopsie" babies.
Yeah, I guess you could put ME in the freak-ledger also - I've slept with more women than I have candles on my birthday cake - no diseases, no unwanted kids.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't even bothered reading this thread since my Spidey-Sense told me where it was going, so please excuse my abruptness.

Have fun, kiddies!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:46 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times
Quote:

Funny you mention antibiotics because there's no cure for most of the diseases. And even if you haven't contracted any or had any babies as a result, didn't you ever once think that you were giving something to those men that was more than something that was deep not only physically, but emotionally or spiritually?

I'm not judging or condescending, just a simple question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships