Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:22 PM

4 posts, read 2,475 times

Advertisements

Dear romancers with much experience,

I have a feeling that one male acquaintance of mine is managing me in his herd of backlog women. I never initiate contact, but this guy e-mails me at least once or twice a month (as if he doesn't want me to totally forget about him). I've always replied out of courtesy, but recently I started thinking of playing him. I am not hung up on him as I am having dates with other guys. To me, it's more like the war of the sexes type of thing (and believe me, this acquaintance of mine deserves some playing--or being played--it's my impression that he is a casual herder). Anyway, advice welcome!

Ipgreen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times
Is this a joke??

Old 06-03-2011, 07:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipgreen View Post

I have a feeling that one male acquaintance of mine is managing me in his herd of backlog women. I never initiate contact, but this guy e-mails me at least once or twice a month (as if he doesn't want me to totally forget about him). I've always replied out of courtesy, but recently I started thinking of playing him. I am not hung up on him as I am having dates with other guys. To me, it's more like the war of the sexes type of thing (and believe me, this acquaintance of mine deserves some playing--or being played--it's my impression that he is a casual herder). Anyway, advice welcome!

Ipgreen
If he plays the game and you're willing to play, play him.

[it's only a war of the sexes if the participants don't know or refuse to follow a set of rules for what they are doing]

Old 06-03-2011, 07:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:

Ipgreen

Games are for children.

If you are interested in him, respond when he makes contact.

If you are not interested in him for whatever reason just ignore him.

There is nothing wrong with a person dating numerous people or playing the field, as long as they are not in a relationship.

All's fair in love and war.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:27 PM

228 posts, read 500,205 times
It's not a war unless war has been declared by both parties. Sounds more like you need to get a life and stop playing childish games.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:27 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
What is it, exactly, that you wish for advice about?

Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,877,229 times
Default ipgreen... wondering

Quote:

Ipgreen
did you happen to meet this person online? just curious... sounds like many of the "creatures" that have been created from the online dating scene... I may have a few stories to share

Old 06-03-2011, 09:05 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
So you're going to give him what he wants, in order to stay on top of the game??? How are you going to play him, exactly?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
dont waste your time. WHy stoop down to his level

Old 06-04-2011, 12:36 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
If he is experienced in the game and you have to seek advice from this forum, I suggest reconsidering your little war of the sexes. Highly unlikely it works out in your favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships